What would you do with 5 pounds of peanut butter?

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
At the restaurant where my partner works, they ordered the wrong peanut butter, and since they didn't want it she brought it home. It's been opened so I can't really donate it anywhere. And it's peanuts so I can't give it out where I work (middle school).

Peanut butter fudge for everyone I know?
PB&J every day for 2 years?
200 pine cone bird feeders?

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Cookies!

Also noodles with spicy peanut sauce.

Also I used to make a kickass multilayered dark chocolate cake with a couple kinds of chocolate frosting - sometimes I'd make pb buttercream for the interiour.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fifteen pounds of chocolate bars, your couch, four of your favorite movies, and a rainy Saturday. Eat yourself sick. You'll be glad you did.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
'Tis the holiday season. Make cookies for gifts and to bring to parties. And pies too.

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
Peanut butter is a good ingredient for all kinds of sweets: buckeyes, cookies, meringue or cream pie, fudge, swirl ice cream, milkshakes... I just bought a pack of peanut butter chips today for adding to trail mix. I discovered about 2 weeks ago that peanut butter chip and raisin trail mix = peanut butter and jelly flavor with no mess and I have been devouring it ever since, lol. *omnomnom*

ajoker

backstab x 2!
Registered
Reaction score
As someone else said, you can use a ton of it in satay sauce. It's also really good in oatmeal. Or you can chuck it in a blender with (frozen) bananas and make smoothies or a kind of natural ice cream.

roundtable

Registered
Reaction score
I would totally make cookies. My nephew has an issue with gluten, so there is a cookie recipe I use for PB cookies that requires a lot of PB. It's just 2 eggs, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, 2 cups of PB, 2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp of salt.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Another vote for spicy peanut noodle sauce.

Also works well as the main ingredient for a marinade, add cayenne, scallions, honey, a little soy sauce.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I spread peanut butter on apples (tastes like caramel, almost) and bananas, just as snacks.

We have a dog that's absolutely crazy for peanut butter, so he'd get a few licks off a knife.

I'd also go for cookies (peanut butter cookies with their little hash marks have always been a favorite), but in all honesty, just eating it on good bread wipes out enough in this house.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Give it to puppies. It's always enjoyable when it gets stuck to the roof of their mouths.

MookyMcD

I go to eleven
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michaeljmcdonagh.wordpress.com
All of these suggestions are great (but unlikely to get rid of more than a half-cut at a time). I doubt you can freeze peanut butter, but I've never tried. Seems like the oils would probably separate, though.

I'd make your go-to gift for Christmas peanutbutter balls and thank god this happened in December.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas. Satay sounds delicious but I feel like I would quickly get tired of all the peanut butter. I found a good cheap peanut butter fudge recipe, just need milk and sugar!

cornflake

Registered
Reaction score
All of these suggestions are great (but unlikely to get rid of more than a half-cut at a time). I doubt you can freeze peanut butter, but I've never tried. Seems like the oils would probably separate, though.

I'd make your go-to gift for Christmas peanutbutter balls and thank god this happened in December.

It's only five pounds of pb. Cookies, buttercream, noodles, fudge, voila.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... if it was the junk variety of peanut butter (peter pan, skippy, etc) with more sugar in it than peanuts along with hydrogenated oils (trans fat) and assortment of other toxins I'd chuck it in the trash bin or give it to an enemy for the holidays. If it was the good sort of peanut butter (Smuckers, etc) with just peanuts in it and bit of salt then I'd store it away and savor a bit at a time.

Shameful answer to be sure.

Last edited:

GinJones

Registered
Reaction score
Cookies! You could freeze the baked cookies, but I usually freeze cookie dough (and don't see any reason why peanut butter cookie dough would be any different) after rolling it into single-cookie-sized balls. Place on a cookie sheet in the freezer and wait until they're frozen before you store them in a zippered bag. Then, you can cook them fresh when you have a hankering, or have unexpected company.

The dough I usually freeze is ginger crinkles (b/c the recipe makes about four hundred thousand cookies, and even I don't like them THAT much, at least not all at once), and I simply put the frozen dough on a silicone-lined cookie sheet and bake them as if the dough were thawed. They need an extra minute or two in the oven, but that's all.

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's only five pounds of pb. Cookies, buttercream, noodles, fudge, voila.

Yea...five pounds isn't much. ALL OF YOUR PB ARE BELONGS TO US!

Um, if all else fails, eat it with a spoon like I'm doing right this very moment. Mmmm.

cornflake

Registered
Reaction score
That is a hippo talking, so...

You can totally freeze pb cookie dough. I tend to freeze drop dough in logs. Just plop on plastic wrap in log-ish form, press into a log and wrap up tightly.

Then you can just slice what you want off when frozen and bake the slices - as the stuff in the market, basically. There's one that is meant to be balls (chocolate crinkles, heh), that I freeze in balls, just as Gin described, but for pb, given the dough, I'd do it in a log, personally.