What would you do with 5 pounds of peanut butter?

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
... if it was the junk variety of peanut butter (peter pan, skippy, etc) with more sugar in it than peanuts along with hydrogenated oils (trans fat) and assortment of other toxins I'd chuck it in the trash bin or give it to an enemy for the holidays. If it was the good sort of peanut butter (Smuckers, etc) with just peanuts in it and bit of salt then I'd store it away and savor a bit at a time.

Shameful answer to be sure.

It's the kind restaurants order in bulk, but it's decent, not trans fats, only 3 ingredients.

Yea...five pounds isn't much. ALL OF YOUR PB ARE BELONGS TO US!

Um, if all else fails, eat it with a spoon like I'm doing right this very moment. Mmmm.

Yanno, I am the only grownup at my school who regularly brings PB&J for lunch, but even I cannot attempt to take this quantity of PB down!

That is a hippo talking, so...

You can totally freeze pb cookie dough. I tend to freeze drop dough in logs. Just plop on plastic wrap in log-ish form, press into a log and wrap up tightly.

Then you can just slice what you want off when frozen and bake the slices - as the stuff in the market, basically. There's one that is meant to be balls (chocolate crinkles, heh), that I freeze in balls, just as Gin described, but for pb, given the dough, I'd do it in a log, personally.

Peanut butter cookies sounds decent! I will try those along with PB fudge. I have to hold off because I'm taking a cheesecake to work tomorrow, and there are already a ton of cookies at work. Ahhh, holiday season!

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Bush_moon

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm, i actually like the idea, that much peanuts butter, heat it up, mix in some nutella white and dark, throw some white macaroons in, stir stir and stir and it could be quite delicious for a party...or watching a lot of Woody Allen movies!

Well on a funny note I read somewhere a while back in one economically broke new EU member country an employer who couldn't pay his employees paid them in large quantities peanuts! So "working for peanuts" was reality!:)

BM:)

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My peanut butter fudge went over very well at the school holiday party. It was a little too smooshy at room temperature, so I might cut some of the liquid. Trader Joes has new chocolate chunks (as opposed to chips) which were awesome sprinkled on top!

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
How about a frozen Peanut Butter Pie?

I love this one, I make it often using a purchased chocolate cookie wafer crust and fudge topping. Read the recipe carefully though, the sugar is divided between the filling and the crust which you would omit if using a bought crust. I also divide the filling between two crusts because it's very rich.

And it would help if I posted the link to the recipe.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Frozen-Peanut-Butter-Pie-3069

Last edited:

MrGamma

Registered
Reaction score
Protein bars. The cheap soy protein that is the fiber left over after they squeeze the oil out, is Vegetable Textured Protein. Some argue it's has chemical separator in it, but yeah, that'd mean it's in the oil as well, right?

Anyways, the stuff is super cheap. 10.00 will get you a shopping bag full in my area. That's what I'd do with it. Batches and batches of peanut butter fudge, protein bars. Maybe some added cocoa powder.