Anyone camping in April?

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Just put the finishing touches on my paper. Need to submit it now. Also today I've read 45 pages of this novel for creative writing. Once I've submitted this paper and had dinner, I think I'll try to knock out some more pages before bed.

Ramshackle

*scribbles*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badmenagerie.com
Right so knocked out another 1.5k yesterday. But I also did decide to swap projects in the end. Which means, I'm sort of nearly a day behind (the words were done, but not on the right thing).

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Up to 60 pages of the novel read, and now I'm going to bed. It's a good book, but it's very confronting and I can only read it a bit at a time it seems. But I did submit that paper, so that's one less thing to worry about right now. :)

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I mostly tinkered with something I'd already written yesterday. I was pleased with the results, but didn't feel like I could count the tinkering toward my Camp NaNo total. It would have been hard to figure out a count, anyway.

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
happy day 3 to everyone! how's everyone doing? anyone care for a writing sprint? I could use some motivation :) I've got maybe 581 words in so far today.

Isilya

Rogues, thieves, and knaves abound
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Woot I'm up to .... 59 words.

I'm gonna need more :Coffee:

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
I'm considering changing what I work on for camp. Something happened right before camp that really took the sails out of me and I don't see myself having the motivation to write for probably another few weeks.

I was thinking about working on a non-fiction that I've been wanting to do. I hadn't planned to start on it yet, but maybe I will do it now instead, because it doesn't take creative power, just manpower at this point.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Had class, which was mildly helpful, and also read 40 pages of this novel. During my break I was planning on reading for sociology, but wound up chatting with classmates for 2 hours instead. Whoops. Still - it was probably the highlight of my day. :)

Going to have to catch up on reading tomorrow, I guess. This novel is kicking my arse - it's such an intense read. So I'm altering my plan for the next few days. Instead of having 1 day of intensive reading of this novel, I'm going to read chunks of it every day and hope I finish in time. So that means some other readings, and planning for the test, will be spread out over an extra day...

Ultimately, prepping for the test is the most important part for this coming 6 days.

Antonin

▐п╣�▀╪? ╧ы§�Й!
Registered
Reaction score
Soooo I have a question. I've noticed that anyone in my cabin thing that is chatty ends up leaving. I'm guessing it's because not one else was friendly/chatty. I was considering leaving my cabin in hopes to find one more talkative (because, ya know, need to make more fiends I guess).

Would leaving a cabin possibly be a good idea? Might I end up kickin someone out of theirs?

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
Soooo I have a question. I've noticed that anyone in my cabin thing that is chatty ends up leaving. I'm guessing it's because not one else was friendly/chatty. I was considering leaving my cabin in hopes to find one more talkative (because, ya know, need to make more fiends I guess).

Would leaving a cabin possibly be a good idea? Might I end up kickin someone out of theirs?
No, you won't kick anyone out. You'll just be put in with people that still need (re)assignments.

You can ask on the Nano board if there's anyone else who would like a cabin together. I did that one year and that was the best camp I had. We all chatted on a daily basis and bounced ideas off of each other.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm considering changing what I work on for camp. Something happened right before camp that really took the sails out of me and I don't see myself having the motivation to write for probably another few weeks.

I was thinking about working on a non-fiction that I've been wanting to do. I hadn't planned to start on it yet, but maybe I will do it now instead, because it doesn't take creative power, just manpower at this point.

That sucks, chompers. :Hug2:

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

My cabin has been pretty quiet, too. I started off the conversation and a few people have responded, but then I started to feel like one of those overly cheery cruise directors and stopped.

I would like a friendlier cabin myself (and I always want to make more fiends :D).

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
My cabin is way more chatty than last time I did this. Last time it was structured a different way, though, and I think that made it harder. This is more like normal social media conversations.

I'm a little behind on my word count, but I have a feeling that I'm going to end up working on revisions on a different project after a call I have with an editor this afternoon. I took off yesterday for a writing day, but I kind of lost motivation to put down words in my NaNo project after setting up that call. Well, no, let's be realistic. My head was somewhere else, and definitely not an unpleasant place :D

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Wound up making it to 60 pages of the novel read yesterday.

So far this morning, I've read another 55 pages of the novel, and 6 pages of sociology stuff. (It was only a 6-page reading. :tongue) So I've read as much this morning before 9am as I did all day yesterday. :)

Still have about 55 pages of sociology to read, and about 80 pages till the end of the novel, not to mention the test prep. Oh, and I'm probably going out this afternoon for a family thing... Which is pretty much why I got up early and have been reading like a madperson.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
As expected I will be giving up on Camp NaNo so I can work on an R&R. Good luck, everyone!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Only another 10 pages of the novel in the last few hours, but I've also read 20 pages of sociology.

So 65 + 25 = 90 pages so far today. Hooray! Taking a lunch break, then back to it. Though next I think I'll work on re-reading and note-taking for the relevant readings for next week's test.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As expected I will be giving up on Camp NaNo so I can work on an R&R. Good luck, everyone!

Congratulations, Sage!

I've been crazy busy and so tired when I finally get some down time that writing is the last thing I want to do. I did manage to knock out another 300 words or so today, but I'm really lacking the steam to get moving the way I'd like to. :cry:

Last edited:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Re-read and made copious notes/quotes on the first of seven readings for the test. Well, 12/20 pages of the first article, anyway. That's as much as I'll do right now, as I'll be going out soon.

So that's slightly over 100 pages read for the day, with 12 of them being noted. Good enough, I guess. :) Though... I might read a tiny bit more of the novel before I leave.

GingerGunlock

paralibrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
authorizedmusings.blogspot.com
It's interesting hearing talk about peoples' cabin experiences! Maybe I'll stop being antisocial and get put in a cabin one of these sessions....

Currently at 6977, with not a whole lot written today (I'm at work 'til 4). I'm pleased at my general on-timeness, and I've of course diverged from my outline already. But, I've a good idea of where things are going.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Read 45 pages of the novel this morning. Only 25 to go. The end is in sight! Plenty else to read, of course, but at least I've nearly crossed this bit off my to-do list. :)

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Hello hello! :D

I am super busy! I am juggling homework, working at odd hours (it's a LOT of data entry work so I was able to take it home with me), an art class tomorrow, and my mother, who seems to be under the impression that I'm never busy and that I never have future homework or work to do so I should be able to text her and flex my schedule to her whims whenever the hell she wants me to. :gaah I am SO glad I'm not a pushover.

I'm off to do data entry, finish my Japanese homework, and read Frankenstein for class. :D

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Finished the novel, which means 25 more pages read, plus 10 pages of an article for creative writing class. So... 80 pages for the day.

So much more to do, but I'm losing my concentration.

ETA: Took a nap, then found the energy to note and quote the rest (left over from yesterday) of 1 sociology article, and the whole of another 1. So my total for the day is right around 100 pages.

Going to take a break from the note-taking and try to read something on paper. My computer's been on too long and the loud fan is annoying me, even with music playing.

Last edited: