Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Mystery/Thriller/Suspense
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2014, 07:28 AM   #1251
Introversion
Pie aren't squared, pie are round!

Introversion is a glorious beacon of lightIntroversion is a glorious beacon of lightIntroversion is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrunnermat View Post
As of 10 minutes ago, the rough draft is completely done! Hooray for me!
Woohoo! Congratulations! Time to celebrate with the vice of your choice!
Introversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:27 PM   #1252
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I'd wondered where you'd got to. You've been a busy man. Congratulations!
heyjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:24 PM   #1253
knightrunnermat
practical experience, FTW

knightrunnermat is well-respected
Thanks everyone! My vice of choice last night was sleep. It was awesome.

http://matthewgyoung.wordpress.com/
knightrunnermat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:53 PM   #1254
Ken Hoss
Coming Soon

Ken Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputation
Quote:
Yay, Matt!

Now come the dreaded edits.

Available on Amazon - Kindle and Paperback

Ken Hoss - Author
Ken Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:49 PM   #1255
wonderactivist
move along, nothing to see here

wonderactivist has a golden reputationwonderactivist has a golden reputationwonderactivist has a golden reputationwonderactivist has a golden reputationwonderactivist has a golden reputationwonderactivist has a golden reputation
Congratulation Matt!
Old 03-08-2014, 10:54 PM   #1256
lizmonster
possibly lost; not sure yet

lizmonster should run for Presidentlizmonster should run for Presidentlizmonster should run for Presidentlizmonster should run for Presidentlizmonster should run for Presidentlizmonster should run for President
Congratulations, Matt!

Quote:
My vice of choice last night was sleep. It was awesome.

In revisions: Made of Stars (until I come up with a new title) - military SF, 145,090
WIP: Blinding Faith (tentative) - SF/space opera, 4,085/120,000
lizmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:55 PM   #1257
muse
standing on head, typing one-handed...

muse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Congratulations!
Old 03-08-2014, 11:28 PM   #1258
tarak
for certain qualities of "sane"

tarak is a splendid one to beholdtarak is a splendid one to beholdtarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Thanks everyone! My vice of choice last night was sleep. It was awesome.
Congrats! On the draft and the sleep!
Old 03-09-2014, 07:16 AM   #1259
Zelenka
Going home!

Zelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputation
Congrats on the draft!
Old 03-09-2014, 03:30 PM   #1260
GailD
Plotting the breakthrough...

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congrats, Zelenka and Matt!!

New blog - Write, Right and Research. Part 3 (Final) UPDATED DEC 1st. With pictures!!

GailD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #1261
BfloGal
Lost in a plot hole

BfloGal is a splendid one to beholdBfloGal is a splendid one to beholdBfloGal is a splendid one to behold
Oh, I need to come here more often. Just great news to celebrate!

Congrats on finishing the draft, Matt. It's a great feeling!

Zelenka! EQMM! It would have been so sad had that gotten deleted. I subscribe, so let us know when it will be in!

Slick looking books, History!

And congrats on the review, Grizzletoad!

Wow, I'm leaving all impressed at the MTS AWers. We might even rock.
For Whom the Bluebell Tolls (coming 1/15)

Gold, Frankincense and Murder(novella)
BfloGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:28 PM   #1262
JWNelson
Enjoying the ride if I get to drive

JWNelson is on a distinguished road
A real accomplishment. Enjoy it!

JWNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:25 PM   #1263
jeseymour

jeseymour is a shiny, shiny jeweljeseymour is a shiny, shiny jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelenka View Post
Not often I get to make a post here but...

My story is going to be published in Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine! Was just going through emails, deleting the million ones I wasn't even going to bother reading and it took a minute to click what EQMM was. I was about to delete it thinking it was something from one of the jobs websites I've been going on.

Only thing is it's 6am here, just found the email, so no one I know in my timezone is awake so I can call them!
Congrats. I've been trying to break in there for years. Like 17 years. Good for you!
Stress Fractures - Kevin Markinson, injured escaping from prison, taken hostage with a teenage boy and surrounded by law enforcement, discovers that everybody has a breaking point.
jeseymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:20 PM   #1264
JWNelson

Thumbs up

Excellent news! congratulations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelenka View Post
Not often I get to make a post here but...

My story is going to be published in Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine! Was just going through emails, deleting the million ones I wasn't even going to bother reading and it took a minute to click what EQMM was. I was about to delete it thinking it was something from one of the jobs websites I've been going on.

Only thing is it's 6am here, just found the email, so no one I know in my timezone is awake so I can call them!

Old 03-14-2014, 09:51 PM   #1265
pdichellis
Murder! You want fries with that?

pdichellis is on a distinguished road
My story “Murderous Lies” is free to read at Plan B Mystery Magazine and also will be included in their upcoming Volume III anthology.

Plan B is a great market that pays writers, publishes anthologies, and posts free stories for readers.

Best wishes,
Peter DiChellis

Storyline: A botched robbery leads to murder. A bag full of money is left behind. What could possibly go wrong after that?

For links to more of my published stories, visit my Wordpress site Murder and Fries.
pdichellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:52 PM   #1266
tarak
for certain qualities of "sane"

tarak is a splendid one to beholdtarak is a splendid one to beholdtarak is a splendid one to behold
This isn't bragging for me, but another writer. I was a beta for her some time back. She just emailed me that she's going to be published this summer and wanted to know how to credit me in the acknowledgments. I'm so happy for her!
Old 03-14-2014, 10:06 PM   #1267
JWNelson

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdichellis View Post
My story “Murderous Lies” is free to read at Plan B Mystery Magazine and also will be included in their upcoming Volume III anthology.

Plan B is a great market that pays writers, publishes anthologies, and posts free stories for readers.

Best wishes,
Peter DiChellis
Excellent news! And thanks for the publisher tip, too.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:53 PM   #1268
onesecondglance
pretending to be awake

onesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post
This isn't bragging for me, but another writer. I was a beta for her some time back. She just emailed me that she's going to be published this summer and wanted to know how to credit me in the acknowledgments. I'm so happy for her!
That's great, tara!

I write music. | I gave in and joined twitter. | And I have a blog too.
onesecondglance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:16 AM   #1269
jeseymour

jeseymour is a shiny, shiny jeweljeseymour is a shiny, shiny jewel
Aw shucks, Tara. Thanks for noticing me. Info is in my sig, but nothing available yet. Figured I'd be bragging when the books are out.
Stress Fractures - Kevin Markinson, injured escaping from prison, taken hostage with a teenage boy and surrounded by law enforcement, discovers that everybody has a breaking point.
jeseymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:03 PM   #1270
vagough
Dreaming of the sea...

vagough is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvagough is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvagough is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvagough is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvagough is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvagough is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvagough is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvagough is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvagough is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvagough is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvagough is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congrats, Peter and jeseymour! That's great news!

My WordPress blog
My Facebook page
[/url]
vagough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:19 PM   #1271
grizzletoad1
Plodding around into things.

grizzletoad1 is well-respected
Guys!

I just got another 5 star review for The Railroad Man, this one from Goodreads, my first review from that site. I'm psyched!
Old 03-17-2014, 06:16 AM   #1272
grizzletoad1
Plodding around into things.

grizzletoad1 is well-respected
And right on the heels of that 5 star came a 4 star review! This really feels good to know that people really like my novel. Wow! I'm calling it a novel, not a manuscript now! Sweet!
Old 03-17-2014, 06:57 AM   #1273
Introversion
Pie aren't squared, pie are round!

Introversion is a glorious beacon of lightIntroversion is a glorious beacon of lightIntroversion is a glorious beacon of light
Yay, tara! Yay, grizzletoad!
Introversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:12 AM   #1274
BfloGal
Lost in a plot hole

BfloGal is a splendid one to beholdBfloGal is a splendid one to beholdBfloGal is a splendid one to behold
Bloom and Doom received a nice review from the Library Journal. In part, they said:

“Allen’s upbeat series debut reads smoothly and easily with excellent dialog and an immensely likable cast.”

If you want to read the whole review (including those little negative digs writers always leave out when posting snippets of their reviews), Barnes and Noble printed the entire review in the editorial review portion of the listing here: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bloo...=9780425264973
For Whom the Bluebell Tolls (coming 1/15)

Gold, Frankincense and Murder(novella)
BfloGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:20 AM   #1275
Calla Lily
Formerly known as callalily61
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Woo-hoo, Barbara!