Is too much information..too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRC_5054

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a new user to the site and a new writer, I was wondering if telling too much information really necessary. For example, this is a small section from a story I am currently writing..

[FONT=&quot], I needed to know more about them if I was going to fight them. I know what you're thinking, “ Why fight them, why not just run”, well if they are as big as I think then there is no where I can run. The way those people in the suits looked at me, it was like I was something they feared, something that if the world would find out about then they would be shut down.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Any thoughts?[/FONT]

Writelock

Tribal Wanderer
Registered
Reaction score
I am assuming this is the first draft. Write down the story and include as much detail as you want. Once the story is finished, then worry about too much or too little information. Before the story is completed, you have no way of telling how much detail is actually needed.

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
I am assuming this is the first draft. Write down the story and include as much detail as you want. Once the story is finished, then worry about too much or too little information. Before the story is completed, you have no way of telling how much detail is actually needed.

This. Just get it written. Then you can decide what works and what doesn't.

You technically need 50 posts in order to post work for critique; I'm leaving this because it seems to be more an illustration of your question, but please do keep it in mind.

It's a good idea to visit our Share Your Work section (password is vista) and have a look around. Critique for others. You may get a good sense of where your work falls and how others deal with Show vs. Tell. There's also lots of good stuff to learn there and elsewhere on the forums about proper grammar and punctuation and all that good stuff. :)

Welcome to AW!

richcapo

Knight Templar
Registered
Reaction score
Doesn't seem to have much information in it at all, I don't think. I'd actually prefer more.

Status
Not open for further replies.