Last Movie You Watched...

telford

We learn by doing
Registered
Reaction score
PERFECT SENSE: Humans slowly start loosing their senses (hearing, touch etc.). A genuine, old fashioned heart string puller. Worth a look.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Caught Hot Fuzz again on the tv...I love it more and more each time I see it...I'm a big Edgar Wright fan...sad to hear he left Ant-Man...I was looking forward to his take on it. Anyway, "But, he's not Judge Judy and executioner!"

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Watched two oldies, Violent Saturday and Brute Force. The latter was pretty sick for its day. Good acting.

Also watched and slept through most of I, Frankenstein.

This flick gives dreck a whole new meaning.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Along the same line as my previous, Apartment 143. Pro: only 10% shakycam. Con: Bad, bad, boring, predictable, bad. Points for adorable little kid who wasn't cloying and served as the "as you know, Bob" character. Still avoid this.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Day off #2 started with Haunter. Unusual ghost story. Not a horror; don't expect jumps. Well acted. Well directed. Recommended.

Then The Last Days. Spanish dystopian. Also recommended. Never bored me. Well done.

Last edited:

Wilde_at_heart

υπείκωphobe
Registered
Reaction score
Does the trailer for 50 Shades count? It was 2.5 minutes of cringing.

I was tempted to start a thread on it. :e2paperba

The female character looked pretty much how I'd pictured, but the BDSM guy? Meh. Good looking, but ... he doesn't look like he's deeply deranged. Patrick Bateman-era Christian Bale would have been perfect. Going by the trailer (yawn rather than cringe), this film's going to need all the eye candy it can get.

Oldbrasscat

Making stuff up...or maybe sleeping
Registered
Reaction score
In a bunker, lobbing grenades at the plot bunnies.
I'm waiting for someone to come up with the drinking game for it. Then I might consider going to see it. Went to see Lucy today, which was good until about two-thirds of the way in. Then it became obvious that the writers had stumbled on a fantastic premise, came up with the start of a great movie, then couldn't figure out an end to match the rest. Still worth seeing, but bring a book for that last bit.

And I found out that my 13 yo read 50 Shades somewhere online while we were waiting for the movie to start (it was a trailer). Immediately criticized the writing and took all the forbidden edginess out of it. (Me: 1 Kid: 0). She really wasn't expecting that. :)

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I rewatched The Brave Little Toaster recently. I forgot just how good that movie was. It doesn't get it's just due, in my opinion. It's one of the greatest animated features to come out of the eighties.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Congo. This is the second time, after a several-year gap. I'm left with the same impression: It should have been a better movie. Good cast, decent scrip, good directing... yet it's just Saturday afternoon B-movie fare.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
Non-Stop, a thriller starring Liam Neeson and Julianne Moore. Implausible, but very entertaining! :Thumbs:

ZachJPayne

Beware: #amQuerying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
zachjpayne.com
Breaking Dawn, Part 2.

I'd forgotten that they did the extended vision sequence for the end fight, I thought they had changed the ending for a few minutes there.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I watched "Lawless" last night. I was lukewarm about the movie, but it's always a pleasure to see Mia Wasikowska. Other films you may have seen her in are, "Stoker", "The Kids are Alright", and my favorite of hers and the best kept secret, "That Evening Sun" with Hal Holbrook. I don't know what it is about some actors. You see them in something when they're starting out and think to yourself, 'this is a special talent'. For me, I can't quite put my finger on what it is, some kind of heightened sensitivity, but you have no doubt that you'll see them in many fine portrayals for many years to come. This was the reaction I had when I first saw Mia Wasikowska.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Papa Don't Take No Mess and This Flick Is a Hot Mess!

Get On Up. A paint-by-numbers biopic of James Brown that is nearly incoherent in plot and boring as hell in story.

It tries to get on the good foot but stumbles over two left feet. My wife and I saw it a free preview but someone still owes us two hours and 15 minutes of our lives.

Skip it. Wish I had. :e2tomato:

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Memento is one of those movies where you either love it or hate it. You have to stick with it to catch all the so-called missed details. I liked it...but not that much. Still, it kept me wondering for a while.

Watched Kick-ass 2 and it was nowhere near as decent as the first.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Caught Batman: Assault on Arkham which was terrific. More Suicide Squad screentime than Bat screentime, but Harley and Deadshot made it worthwhile. Gritty. A sex scene. And lots of people getting their heads: bitten off, frozen off, shot off....

And then Snowpiercer....such a bizarre and powerful film....