The Bouncy Castle in Space

DanielaTorre

Registered
Reaction score
DANI!!!! THAT IS FANTASTIC!!! And it looks like you already have a request! Woo hoo!!!
:hooray:

Thanks Kate! Stacey Nash said she read it to her kids and they both loved it. I think that was the most humbling compliment I've ever received. I also have some riveting news I'm dying to share, but I don't want to yet because it may or may not happen.

I'm on :e2cloud9:.

Even if nothing comes of Nest Pitch, it's always great to meet new people. The attention is kind of nice too. :tongue

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
CheG- Congrats on the full request! Fingers crossed for you.

Yay! Congratulations Daniela, that's fantastic. And good luck going forward.

Riveting news, you say? I'll just wait here on the edge of my seat. Don't mind me.

Last edited:

DanielaTorre

Registered
Reaction score
CheG- Congrats on the full request! Fingers crossed for you.

Yay! Congratulations Daniela, that's fantastic. And good luck going forward.

Riveting news, you say? I'll just wait here on the edge of my seat. Don't mind me.

Thanks Sheila! Two secret agent bunnies have dropped some choco eggs so far. :D This is super fun. I'm just happy to be a part of something cool.

As far as the news, it's to early to tell. It could very well be a bust, but my insides are all wound up. Let's just wait and see. Maybe I'll never mention it again. LOL C'est la vie.

ETA - OH, CheG! I was so excited and surprised that I forgot to congratulate you on your request! Super exciting. Much luck on querying and requests. Also—and this goes to everyone querying—get a synopsis ready BEFORE you query. Super important. Trust me. Because when it's requested, you'll be glad you already have it done.

Last edited:

DanielaTorre

Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: Thanks Laurie. Thanks guys. :Hug2:

I'm off today for Good Friday. It's going to be supremely difficult concentrating on my new WIP (halfway through, woohoo!) with all the excitement. I really need to concentrate if I want to reach my goal of finishing my second ms by the end of the year.

I've also been really sick, and I just found out my mom is undergoing a hysterectomy soon (in another country) and I can't be there with her. So these small things liven me up a bit and keep me going.

I hope everyone is well. Happy Easter to all and I wish the best for you lot. I love this place and everyone in the Kidlit forum. It's like a virtual home. :Sun:

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on Nestpitch, Daniela! Wow, you do have a lot going on. Hope you feel better, and good luck to your mom with her surgery.

killdeer

Registered
Reaction score
CheG, congrats on the full!

Daniela, congrats on Nestpitch! I read your entry. It was delightful :)

DanielaTorre

Registered
Reaction score
Ruth, Killdear, Joy—thanks so much! I have everything prepared including the synopsis, query, and manuscript.

It's funny. Out of all these things, the pitch was the one I had the LEAST trouble with. Guess I had a lot of practice back in the day when I used to write screenplays and studied log lines. LOL

:e2bouncey :e2bouncey

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
Yay Daniela. Stacey Nash is one of my CPs. Love her! Her daughter is the one who read my MG. It was fun to have her read.

Funny thing is, yours was one of mine to read but I didn't realize it was you :) Not that I had any say in if you made it onto a blog but I definitely like it :) Congrats on the requests! Arent contests fun?

JustSarah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
about.me
I guess I'm a bit late for the Dragons prompt. I just had a story I wanted to start writing, though its not exactly dragons.

CheG

Registered
Reaction score
Website
chegilson.blogspot.com
LOL! I missed all these messages! I have been so deep in query writing!

Well the Full Request I got didn't come to anything, so it's back to regular querying for me. Not the contest route.

And while it may be too late for me it's for DanielaTorre!

I have to say I really don't understand a lot of those pitchmad/pitchnest whatever, contests. I have to say, I would happily give up the sparkly bunny giffs for clear instructions on HOW TO ENTER...

DanielaTorre

Registered
Reaction score
LOL! I missed all these messages! I have been so deep in query writing!

Well the Full Request I got didn't come to anything, so it's back to regular querying for me. Not the contest route.

And while it may be too late for me it's for DanielaTorre!

I have to say I really don't understand a lot of those pitchmad/pitchnest whatever, contests. I have to say, I would happily give up the sparkly bunny giffs for clear instructions on HOW TO ENTER...

Don't worry. I've only ever enter 2. I have to read the contest rules a gazillion times to get it right too. Hell, even when I received the agent submission instructions, I fudged one of them up because I was either really nervous, or they were kind of skewed.

Twitter has been a great tool for me to meet and greet and to keep current with agent opportunities, even if you don't comment on the regular. I'm not a contest kind of person either, and all of my requests have come through traditional querying, but I did this one on whim. :Shrug:

Don't stress with querying. Eventually you'll grow numb and it'll become a bit mechanical, sadly. Good luck on querying.

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Hi everyone. Just stopped by for a quick bounce.
Looks like the Kidlit gang is getting lots of requests and the like. Best wishes for everyone!

I'm writing everyday, but not finishing anything. Self-pubed sales are down too, but I still get the occasional review or e-mail from a kid reader, so that really helps keep me writing!

CheG

Registered
Reaction score
Website
chegilson.blogspot.com
Hi MJWare! I haven't seen you around lately! Or maybe I've had my head in QLH too long. That's ALL I've been doing!

Sorry to hear your sales are down. The best promotion is get another book out there! Which is so often easier said then done...

The querying is awful though! I feel like my entire life is riding on this and I'm freaking out...