Braggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathaniel Katz

The Evil Hat
Registered
Reaction score
The Linger stories are up! I'm still crushed by time difference and sleep loss out in western Canada, but I can't wait to read everyone's tomorrow.

mfowler76

Speculative Fictioneer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.milojamesfowler.com
Looking forward to lingering over the Linger Fiction tales...

Anne, we're sharing a TOC! =] (Not a W1S1 story for me either.)

Nathaniel Katz

The Evil Hat
Registered
Reaction score
I've now read the Linger stories...

and you guys are fantastic. Love falling apart, spider gods, and a story about a drum so awesome I don't want to say anything at all, lest I spoil anyone who hasn't read it yet. Oh, and perfect endings one and all. Suffice to say, I propose we share many, many issues in the future...

pangalactic

Gargling blasters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
chrisbissette.com
Somebody care to drop a link to the Linger stories for me? I'm browsing on my phone, finding them myself will cost me far too much. That, and I'm lazy ;-)

jgold

Grinning
Registered
Reaction score
I just read all the Linger stories too!

Pretty freaking awesome. And yes, all killer endings. :snoopy:

faerydancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brendastokes.com
This is a weird thing to brag about, but my story was picked as an Editor's Choice at the OWW SFF for August. I got super helpful advice and some unexpected praise. Only problem is this story is already on sub to ChiZine. I want to make edits! Eep!

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
Congrats Faerydancer! I hope your story gets rejected so that you can make those changes you want to make. No wait, that sounds awful. Ahhh, I'm so confused!

Either way, congrats.

faerydancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brendastokes.com
Thank you, September. And don't worry, Sai. I'm confused, too! The changes are mostly tense related, so if it should get accepted *crosses fingers* it will be something that comes up in the editing process. But that's getting ahead of myself hehe

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
I've now read the Linger stories...

and you guys are fantastic. Suffice to say, I propose we share many, many issues in the future...

I've finally had time to sit and read them slowly. My gosh, you guys are awesome! I'd read Widow's Grove before from the Shock Totem contest and liked it even better the second time. Such a rich world. Same with The Metamorphosis of Jane Doe. So few words, but such a rich story that leaves you wondering about a lot of things, but ends just right (and what an ending!). And Love in Pieces is so full of metaphor while being bizarre and creepy--a favorite type of story. :) Wow, what a talented bunch. I'm thrilled to be in the same issue as these stories. I loved Bruce Boston's, too. Haunting and lyrical.

Awesome experience! Here's hoping for more shared TOCs!

Also have a bit of news--a humor piece of mine, Teach Your Kids to Stay Safe from Cannibals, went up at errant parent today.

And I've had a horror haibun accepted for the November print issue of Scifaikuest. That's a W1S1 thing I'm counting as a flash since the form has prose in it. :) It's a horror haibun, because that's how I roll.

Shelley

Last edited:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Shelley!

I kept thinking you were saying your "horrible" haibun. :tongue And I thought...aw, she's being too hard on herself. :D Yeah, then I reread.

I am glad you are counting it as flash, because I'm going to try my hand at one, too, and want to count it as August's Write1. :)

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is a weird thing to brag about, but my story was picked as an Editor's Choice at the OWW SFF for August. I got super helpful advice and some unexpected praise. Only problem is this story is already on sub to ChiZine. I want to make edits! Eep!
Congrats! I don't know what to say about ChiZine, though. Man, that's a pickle. I suppose it'd be awkward to contact ChiZine and tell them "hold that thought", right?

Maybe it'll sell just the way it is :D Then you can save your revisions for a reprint one day. :Shrug:

Congrats, anyway. And Editor's Choice is pretty cool.

faerydancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brendastokes.com
Thank you so much, Shelley! I loved your story (especially the ending, I mean, wow!).

I was a thrill to be in a TOC with you and everyone else. What a cool experience--and all because of W1S1. As if we needed anymore proof this is an awesome bunch, right?

And soapy, yeah, it's a tough situation. I'm just going to see what their response is, and if they accept (if, if, if!) I'll maybe bring it up during edits. It's really just edits (I slip into past tense unnecessarily in a couple spots). The editor who reviewed it was Gary A. Braunbeck. To say I'm thrilled would be an understatement!

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Congrats, all you Linger Fictioneers, and also Chris, Shelley and Brenda! This thread is such a happiness.

shelleyo

Registered
Reaction score
I'm just going to see what their response is, and if they accept (if, if, if!) I'll maybe bring it up during edits. It's really just edits (I slip into past tense unnecessarily in a couple spots). The editor who reviewed it was Gary A. Braunbeck. To say I'm thrilled would be an understatement!

Oooh! That really is awesome. I hope this works out however is best!

I got an email today letting me know that week 17 story "When They Come," a very short little literary piece, will appear in Right Hand Pointing Issue #45.

I have a harder time placing literary stories than I do genre, so I'm thrilled.

Shelley

faerydancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brendastokes.com
Congrats on the sale, Shelley! It's extra satisfying when you sell something outside of your usual genre, isn't it? I can't wait to read it! :)

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Very strange email from my previous agent (this morning) about the Today Show wanting to find my current phone number. My last agent didn't have my current number, so I provided it and he sent it off to the show rep. In the meantime I thought I'd struck it rich with a possible appearance related to my latest book, Plane Janitor. Afterall, thousands of press releases went out, and it had a very heavy environmental/ecology theme. I was sure that was it!

Well, they called today at 2 o'clock. I was right about the book angle, but had the wrong book. They want me on a panel discussing Auto Repair Shams and Scams, relating to my consumer warning book I'd written 21 years ago.

My heart hit the floor. Still, I agreed to do the segment in September, but I truly thought it had to do with my most current release.

Still good news, except for the fact that my auto repair book is and has been out of print for ages. They beta show meh de money...

Tri

shelleyo

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!

Just agree to do it as long as they agree to mention your latest book, after mentioning the one that got you on the show. That shouldn't be a problem, and will still serve as great PR!

Are you in Write 1 Sub 1? I don't remember seeing you around before.

Shelley

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.