Share Your Successes!

Anjasa

Fantasy Smut? Yes please!
Registered
Reaction score
I published my first stuff last night and woke up to a sale of my erotic short.

I really hope they enjoyed it!

Dani

Cuddly sweet teddy bear!
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. This is so inspiring. Awesome work Nick, brainstorm and Hugh. Omg Hugh that must be the most exciting thing!

Nick Russell

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Big Lake continues to hold its own, it is currently #53 in the Top 100 Kindle paid category and has been in the Top 100 for 64 days in a row. It just hit #1 in both the all Amazon books and Kindle books Mystery & Thriller, Police Procedural categories. The sequel, Big Lake Lynching, is in the Top 100 in the same two categories.

Dani

Cuddly sweet teddy bear!
Registered
Reaction score
Congratz Nick. You've no idea how inspired I am by your success! Also, another mystery/police procedural writer! <3

in_one

Registered
Reaction score
Big Lake continues to hold its own, it is currently #53 in the Top 100 Kindle paid category and has been in the Top 100 for 64 days in a row. It just hit #1 in both the all Amazon books and Kindle books Mystery & Thriller, Police Procedural categories. The sequel, Big Lake Lynching, is in the Top 100 in the same two categories.

Very cool man. I've been talking about you to everyone!

Nick Russell

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Dani, I just downloaded a sample chapter of Shattered Glass. We're on the road right now, but once we get settled into a place in Arizona, I'll give it a read.

Thanks in-one, I appreciate it.

Merri, I have to get the new issue of the Gypsy Journal out, and our rally is March 5-9 in Yuma. Once all that is behind us, I'll be back at it.

hughhowey

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.hughhowey.com

Wow! Two months in the top 100!! Awesome, Nick!

I hope to have a few things to add to this thread soon. I'm expecting a TV offer this week, and have been approached by an agent of repute who wants to represent future works. Lots of decisions to make, but a good situation to be in. :)

Nick Russell

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations Hugh! Will you still remember us little people once you're hobnobbing with the Hollywood elite? :)

Nick Russell

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sharpening it now, Hugh. Don't worry, I won't let you down. :)

inkkognito

Onlyifyouwanttowillyoufin daway-Enya
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
I published my first stuff last night and woke up to a sale of my erotic short.

I really hope they enjoyed it!
Doesn't that first sale feel great? Hopefully the success is continuing.

My books are still selling moderately well, and I continue to add more, but I'm boggled by the ones that are getting the best sales. I thought I knew which ones would do best, and it turns out I was wrong. That's good to know because it helps me choose my future topics, but it's quite a surprise.

merrihiatt

Writing! Writing! Writing!
Absolute Sage
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
merrihiatt.com
Kudos to Nick Russell!!!
nickrussell.png

Kudos to Hugh Howey!!!
hughhowey.png

Anjasa

Fantasy Smut? Yes please!
Registered
Reaction score
Doesn't that first sale feel great? Hopefully the success is continuing.

My books are still selling moderately well, and I continue to add more, but I'm boggled by the ones that are getting the best sales. I thought I knew which ones would do best, and it turns out I was wrong. That's good to know because it helps me choose my future topics, but it's quite a surprise.

At this point, every sale feels great :D We're giving away some fiction for free on our site to try to interest some people who have similar interests as us (fantasy + smut). It's a niche market; I doubt any publisher could possibly see the value in it, but it's what I want to read, and I know others are hoping for it too.

Congrats to #1 Nick and Hugh!

Elena Andrews

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elenaandrews.blogspot.com
This is such an inspirational thread. I just did a test version of my ebook to make sure I formatted everything correctly (it's my first) and it looks good. Just waiting on a cover to come in hopefully this week and it'll be good to go.

merrihiatt

Writing! Writing! Writing!
Absolute Sage
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
merrihiatt.com
I must be a dingbat. How do you track sales/downloads of a book you've listed on Amazon Kindle? Thanks!
John

Sign into your Amazon KDP account and click on reports. Click on month-to-date unit sales for an actual listing of your e-books and the number of downloads, returns and borrows (if your e-book is in the Select program).

To view royalties, click on prior six weeks royalties or monthly royalties for a downloadable report.

missaeon

Registered
Reaction score
Hugh, congratulations! I picked up the Wool series from the Metafilter thread, and I went through the whole thing on my subway rides to work in the past two weeks. I'm so glad you're getting interest from a producer! Wool deserves it!

Dani

Cuddly sweet teddy bear!
Registered
Reaction score
No idea why I haven't subscribed to this thread >8( this is too awesome. Nick NUMBER 1? O.M.G! That's just unreal and so exciting/wonderful/incredible/aweinspiring.