Absolute Royalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teena

Bennie's Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Introducing the Yankee who has just fallen into King Arthur (or somebody's) court. Didn't know this whole thing existed, but what fun!
To whom do I pay homage?? :Hail:

...What worth a crown if souls be lost, and loyalty should cease?
What value kingdoms must accrue to equal inner peace?
A madman walks deserted halls, but neither knows nor cares.
He seeks in dank and moldy rooms for his lost lady fair.
Perchance he stops, and cocks an ear, to hear ghost voices cry,
and whispers to himself in fear, "Lord Wemslay will not die!"
~ from Lord Wemslay... by me :)

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=768457&postcount=2072

this here is how Queen Midnight Muse ended her reign and appointed her successor.
Well, lookie here - - it's been a WHOLE week that I've been Queen! Sure, I've been a bit lax, I'm just your laid-back kinda Ruler, I guess. I've legalized drugs, given Ferrets free reign to run around (whilst I admired that furry butt) I've put all my manly men in Kilts, and let an Alleycat look after the handmaidens.

Looks like I've left quite a MESS around here

Of course, the new Royalty will make me a scullery maid, most likely, and I'll have to pick up all this trash, and the bagels. But such is life.

So, without further delay, and since I've already hidden the good jewels, I shall appoint a new Royal leader.

*horns blow, people cheer, I raise my hand to hush the expectant crowds*

I, Queen MidnightMuse, do hereby declare that our new Potentiate is to be, none other than . . . Cath, the Mighty and Fair!!!

WhooHoo!!! All Hail Queen Cath ! (word of advice: watch out for that Ferret) All Hail Queen Cath!!

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=779132&postcount=2152

and....as promised, the Yak

Shhh, don't tell the Queen, but I brought my Yak to the party.
yak.jpg

He'll blend right in.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Please check out the original Royalty thread. We have new royalty!

Go Hail your new queen - NERDS!

Teena

Bennie's Mom
Registered
Reaction score
All hail her most beneficent queenliness, Nerds.....Nerds??!!?...yeah, uh, ok, all hail Queen Nerds. :Hail:

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
Wait a second---

I was coregent with ROBIEAIEIEIEIANEYRHE??!

No WONDER I don't remember my reign...

(and it was two years ago)

Write4U2

Registered
Reaction score
Website
it-is-written4u.spaces.live.com
Awwww, crap! I missed all the fun. :rant:

Is the original thread dead? Have all the queens gone back to San Francisco and Key West? How can one become a queen? Oh, yes, of course I know you have to be born to be a queen; I mean on this board?

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
It isn't dead! It's been revived. In Office Party. THe new royalty are King Cray and Queen Nerds.
Go pay your respects; you never know when cray is going to start the torture sessions in the dungeon. YOu'll want to be on his good side.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27632&highlight=Royalty

A great darkness washed over the realm of AW - reigns of Kings and Queens were lost, and in the light, when the dark had passed, confusion dimmed the doors of the castle
:

Was the great darkness the whole Barbara Baur debacle?

Please check out the original Royalty thread. We have new royalty!

Go Hail your new queen - NERDS!

All hail NERDS.

They're not just for breakfast anymore.

All hail her most beneficent queenliness, Nerds.....Nerds??!!?...yeah, uh, ok, all hail Queen Nerds.

No No No ...you pay your respects in the link above....

Super! Do you think they'll mind if I arrive in a golf cart instead of a white steed?
That would be awesome.

Last edited:

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
No, it was after that stuff happened. A while later they had server issues and we lost about 5 or 6 weeks of posts completely. In one day, they were just gone.
It was like a time warp around here.
That's why a lot of the stuff after we all got back here from Roger's Camp are gone. We lost all of those.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah I remember that. I call it the wipe out. I still maintain my most brilliant posts were during that time. ;) (I actually did have something in SYW that was wiped.)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
That is too funny, Trish. Thanks much for the history and I was sooooo glad to be Queen. Being King-less & Queen-less isn't a good thing. Is that like being bra-less & virgin-less? :)

Bayou Bill

AW Ne'er-Do-Well
Registered
Reaction score
Down so low in Austin, bottom looks like up.
Website
billsbilge.blogspot.com
Bayou Bill? We haven't seen you around here in a long time. Welcome back!
:)
Thank you most kindly, beautiful lady.

I've been off on medical leave, so to speak. It was getting to the point where my back was hurting too much to sit for over a few minutes. Even if I could, seeing the screen was becoming a chore because my old eyeball was going bad. So I had the back overhauled then a week later got the eye recapped with a new cornea transplant. I'm not through healing-up (all this happened a couple moments ago) but things have improved to the point where I can sit, see the screen, and inflict myself on my unsuspecting fellow writers.

Bayou Bill :cool:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A Queen's Legacy - The Royal Histories

Every ruler from foul to fair deserves remembrance. Their deeds have crafted this Kingdom into its current glory. Yet, not every Monarch has penned their legacy where others may easily access it, learn from it, and remember their reign. Most are lost to the fogs of time.

Curious, and desperate in Our need to know how to proceed in ruling the Kingdom, We searched through the Royal annals. We learned much in those early pages of the Realm's histories and became inspired by the wisdom of Queen Perks the Fierce. From her We gleaned how to leave a proper legacy of Our August Reign. Yet, in all humbleness We felt a desire to focus not on Ourselves for Our own remembrance, but to construct a proper remembrance for the sake of all who came before Us, and for all who will walk in the footsteps of Monarch's past.

Thus, We set Our pen to the page and Our eyes to the histories, gleaning the Royal lineage from the pages of time, recording what pertinent information its pages would release from the dusty, brittle pages. It is Our fervent hope that what These eyes fail to see in the truths of times past, where This hand fails in accuracy to catch the moment, those who know their time spent serving the Kingdom best by having borne this heaviest mantle of responsibility, the Crown, will deem to correct and fill in where We have failed.

Thus begins the task before Us, Our legacy, Our gift to the Kingdom We so love and have been honored to serve. May Our Reign be remembered with fondness.

Penned this day, March 15, 2009, by Her Royal Majesty Ambrosia the Beneficient, Queen of the Writer's Realm.

=================================

The Royal Lineage with added, brief histories as needed for clarification.

King Sean the First
Queen Reph the Flattened
King Robeiae the Eclectic
Queen Arrowqueen the Ennobler
King Frank the Fish Whisperer
King Charles the UnASSuming(ChunkyC)
Queen Jenna the Bounteous
Queen Susie the Sweet
Queen Yeshanu the Kind
King Poetinahat the Renowned
Queen Perks the Fierce
King TrumanCoyote the Flametoriously Fabulous
Queen Jalpha (Abdicated)
King Brokenfingers (Abdicated)
Queen Tiny Terror the 'Terrible'
Pretty Special Gal the Courteous
Queen Jo the Indecipherable
(Coup attempt by the Triumvirate of Terror in the 4th month of the year 2006, during which former King Poetinahat was put back onto the throne. That coup was being squashed by Queen Jo, until her disappearance. Rumor has it that Robeiae, Tiny Terror, and Brokenfingers, the members of the Triumvirate of Terror, kidnapped her so the trio could rule in her stead. When the Queen finally resurfaced she indicated she was abdicating at that time and leaving the Kingdom to the trio. The Realm was saved by her quick thought and subterfuge. She had hidden the Royal Regalia in a secret location and once freed from the dastardly trio of usurpers sent the Crown, and thus the rule, to MacAllister. Thus, the Royal line was continued by MacAllister's ascention to the throne.)
Queen Mac the Powerful
Queen Unique the Magnificent
King Shadow Ferrett the Regretful
Queen Jaycinth the Split
(Queen Jaycinth runs in terror from the castle, leaving the kingdom without a monarch for weeks.)

*Queen Ambrosia pinches the bridge of her nose, closing Her eyes tight against the pain and fatigue of reading so many pages at one sitting. She realizes she must return to the audience hall and leave Her studies for a later time. Sighing, She closes the books, then wraps them carefully in leather to preserve them, and packs them in Her travelling bags. Later, when there is more time... *

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Wonderful idea, Queen Ambrosia, A legacy of the lineage of the Royal Thread is a very good idea. I, for one, haven't taken the time to read the vast history that exists in the annals of the RT, though the bits I have perused are joyous and funny. The talents of our writers here at AW can be seen in many ways throughout the place, and the RT has many facets of those skills. I can only imagine the time you took researching the list so far... the RT is one of the longest threads at AW currently over 37,000 posts. Best wishes in your endeavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.