Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

everythinginblak

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
LOL love the title of this forum topic. well im not a teen-21-so does that make me an old person? :p certainly not getting any younger:rant:...

eventidepress

Registered
Reaction score
I'll share my OPWFT-type news as soon as I can. For now, I'll dance some more because my short story was also accepted to the AW anthology :D

I had a VERY good publishing day yesterday. It was honestly a "it never rains, it pours" type of day.

OMG now i want to know... :D CONGRATS regardless! :partyguy:

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
You can know now! I announced it in G&A already.

My YA contemp fantasy, Love Sucks, is being e-published by Musa Publishing.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
LOL love the title of this forum topic. well im not a teen-21-so does that make me an old person? :p certainly not getting any younger:rant:...
The title was a joke response to Teens Writing for Teens. Then people kept posting in it.

There is a College Students Writing for Teens too, but it's not stickied because it's not as popular

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
The title was a joke response to Teens Writing for Teens. Then people kept posting in it.

There is a College Students Writing for Teens too, but it's not stickied because it's not as popular

Ah, so that's how this got started :D

everythinginblak

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score

ah. well, they should start a moms writing topic too on here if they havent.

because im pretty much in the middle of college student/mom lol.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, but if we let every possible category start a thread, there would be nothing but "Writing for Teens" threads in YA. So I close them.

They're mostly chatty threads anyway. Nobody cares what age you are.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score

Is that a call to change that? :D :D Haha

Windcutter

Registered
Reaction score
You can know now! I announced it in G&A already.

My YA contemp fantasy, Love Sucks, is being e-published by Musa Publishing.
Congratulations! Now I see why there is so much dancing going on. :)
I know, right? xd I feel like Mother Goose when I post. Except with blood, kisses, and dark magic.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still waiting to hear back on illustration, so we shall see.

cscarlet

AW = Procrastination.
Registered
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS (again) SAGE!!!!! :D

So so so excited for you.

Also appreciate the background on the name of the thread. That's pretty funny and something I never knew...

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I find out some time around the 7th if I am illustrating the SPecfic.

davidestesbooks

Registered
Reaction score
New member and this thread was the first to really catch my attention. I'm only thirty but hopefully not too old to write for YA/Children's market! I think mentally I would classify as a teenager given that my bookshelf is filled with The Hunger Games, Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, Fallen, anything by Amanda Hocking, etc.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, generally anyone can write for teens. As long as you are writing for that age and about things that are relevant to them.

WyrdeDragon

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, all. Pretty sure I qualify for this thread, since I was in high school in the heyday of John Hughes movies. In fact, I have a couple kids in high school now, so they help me keep my writing from sounding too dated.

Moni

Literary vampire Mongering words
Registered
Reaction score
Hey all~~~~~~~~~! Greetings from overcast but GORGEOUS San Francisco....where your friendly neighborhood Moni is living it up like the hellion that she is!! ;)

Parump....LOVE the new avi! It's GORGEOUS dahlink!

Ok.....so there is just WAYYYYYYYYYY too much to update with....so I'll just go to say that right now Ava is currently with a friend being edited for content etc.....the agent that requested the first three chapters gave me an R but she did say that she would be happy to look at the revamp of it....so I can't wait to get Ava back from my friend so I can affect the changes & get it back to her! With that being said I've started writing the sequel Ava's Folly. Personally now that I've gotten all of the details out of the way on Ava....Ava's Folly is going amazingly & is sooooo much more exciting than Ava ever was! I'm soooper excited! So....what's new w/ y'all?? Besides the fact that Krista is now TOTALLY published & all that stuffs! :D

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by
Hiya, Moni :Hug2:

Great to hear from you - glad things are going well. :) You've been missed around here. :D

I'm just chilling with some beta work at the moment to have a break from my own writing (procrastination - moi? Lol!). Will soon have more free time cos I'm being made redundant at the end of the month (I'm gonna hibernate over the winter, lol).

:welcome: to all the new people, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.