Dragon Age 3: Inquisition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm at 60 hours and just killed my first dragon.

Haven't had a high like that since the Suicide Mission of Mass Effect 2.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
The Gamoran Stormrider from the Exalted Plains. Toughie.

MrCasperTom

Registered
Reaction score
Did you take The Iron Bull? If you did prepare for an amazing conversation.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I found the one on the Storm Coast (gotta take the boat to the island) to be the toughest out of all of them. Might've been because it was nightmare mode and I wasn't at a good enough level when I fought him. His electricity area attacks are fierce.

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
Finished my playthrough at last. 114 hours. Whoof.

Also: totally called it. Solas, you sneaky, cheeky devil.... ;-)

Salaris

Fantasy Writer and Game Designer
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like the first DLC for this just came out. Hasn't hit the PS3 yet, though, so I can't check it out. Super excited.

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
Considering this game has owned my free time since Christmas, I am both insanely excited and a touch dreading the DLC...

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Looks like "Jaws of Hakkon" will be coming on 360 and PS3 in May.

Great. Like I need another reason not to write...

j/k -- I don't need a reason.

thepicpic

May or may not be a potato.
Registered
Reaction score
I only completed my first playthrough last week. It was something like the fourth or fifth I've started, but the first to finish. I seem to have a phobia of endings.

JalexM

Registered
Reaction score
With my book finished I finally have time to complete this game, I believe I left off at 20 hours in a few months ago. :D

FCChen

All Ogre Now
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't touched DA:I since January - there's been a lot of changes since then and I'm looking forward to my foray back into the world!

I hear the DLC is quite 'meh' though. I'm wondering if that's a pretty astute assessment of the DLC. :p

thepicpic

May or may not be a potato.
Registered
Reaction score
It was alright, I guess. I got quite irritated at the endless waves of high-level critters getting in the way whenever I tried to proceed. I was pretty underwhelmed in the final battle, too, but other than that... yeah, I suppose 'meh' pretty adequately covers it. The new power's pretty useful, though.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
On the rooftoop where he climbed when the laughter
I finally got this today. TODAY! (Sept 2015). Downloading now. Says it'll only take about two hours. ;p What's two hours more after all this time???

At least I can come here for pointers. I imagine by now everyone has done everything. Speaking of which, I suppose I want all the add-ons...?

ETA: My first character ended up looking so much like Barrack Obama before he was president, I had to start over. It was too distracting!

Last edited:

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
On the rooftoop where he climbed when the laughter
At the risk of addressing the empty room...

I'm liking it, but the armor system seems needlessly arcane. I honestly went to Youtube to watch a ten minute tutorial on the armor system. Jeez.

Between that and the Hinterlands dragging on and on, it is a hard game to get sucked into. Plus, everything changes so slowly. I wore the same armor for like nine hours of game play (which I can see at the tail end when you've maxed stuff out, but at the beginning seemed very weird).

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Yeah, I got all excited because I thought I finally had the right ingredients and got the recipe from the dog merchant to make the special plate armor(when I finally found that special silverite or whatever it was called) I could cast with, but no, it still didn't give me the option to do that when I went to craft it.

I still had fun playing, and I liked that we could make custom things. But jeez, it was confusing.

nahalwi

Registered
Reaction score
Between that and the Hinterlands dragging on and on, it is a hard game to get sucked into. Plus, everything changes so slowly. I wore the same armor for like nine hours of game play (which I can see at the tail end when you've maxed stuff out, but at the beginning seemed very weird).

The best recommendation I ever got was the leave the Hinterlands. They aren't very open about that from the gameplay, but just...leave. Go do other stuff because there's a ton of areas that will flow a little better at the same level.

Status
Not open for further replies.