Everybody is a Were Animal

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Y'know, reading this thread, it occurs to me that there are a lot of good ideas about this. I don't know if there's enough interest, really, because a thread is one thing and a story's another, but has anyone ever done an AW anthology?

I don't have the skills to be an editor, but I could certainly submit something. The final version could be e-pubbed. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

SampleGuy

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Does were-species run in families? i.e. is the child of two werewolves always (or at least usually) another werewolf, or might it equally well be a were-owl or were-frog or whatever?

If were-species runs in families then were-species would function in society like race, with all the same possibility for discrimination, prejudice, etc., but with the difference that the different were-species have very different physical abilities (and possibly different temperaments) while in animal form. (If some species are actually dangerous and savage while in animal form, does that mean prejudice against them is justified?)

If were-species doesn't run in families, society is likely to be a lot more equal (or at least will be unequal along different lines), but you'd have problems like families of were-mice worrying that their next child might be a were-elephant. They'd have to buy a bigger house and worry about their baby squashing them underfoot.

Also, do people retain human intelligence and control while in animal form, or do they behave like wild animals? If the latter, society could still be civilised if it found a way to deal with its members turning into wild animals sometimes.

It would be interesting if the were animals are far from human, even if they have human forms; like cave people. Or they both have human intelligence along with animal instincts.