Bloodborne

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCthultist

Kept ya waiting, huh?
Registered
Reaction score
This may be one of the best games I've ever played. I was already a pretty die-hard fan of the Souls Series (Demons' Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls II) but this game managed to surpass each of them in turn. The gameplay, combat, the pacing, the world itself, all of it was just fantastic!

For those unfamiliar, Bloodborne is a third-person-action-adventure-kind-of-game set in a vaguely-Victorian-styled world. Unfortunately, it's exclusive to the PS4 for now. I wouldn't say its worth buying amPS4 just to play, but if you already own one, I'd suggest getting the game. It's well worth it.

Out of curiosity, has anyone else put any time into it around here? Any impressions beyond my own, admittedly-bias opinions on it?

Osulagh

Independent fluffy puppy.
Registered
Reaction score
Note for some folks: The whole idea behind the Souls series is to beat the ever-living shit out of you and make you want more. So... it's really not for the weak at heart.

I played a little of it on a buddy's PS4 and watched it through on a stream. IMO the combat and overall visuals are great, but I find the story and world a bit lacking in comparison to Dark Souls.

Really can't wait until it comes out on PC, if at all. Kill the latency, up the graphics, 60+FPS, and on a Xbox 360 controller.

TheCthultist

Kept ya waiting, huh?
Registered
Reaction score
I've got to say, I was feeling the same way about the story until almost halfway through the game, where it takes an immediate left turn that I don't think I can really get into without spoiling stuff for people who haven't gotten there yet. Suffice to say the entire tone of both the setting and what your ultimate goal is completely shift once you start to really get dragged into what's going on around the world they've set up.

The PC version will be a masterpiece if it ever comes out. That said, I'm so far only hearing rumors about it here and there. Here's hoping it happens though.

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Man I hope there's a PC version. I got that sinking feeling when I first saw it in all it's awesomeness and realized it was a PS4 exclusive. I'm still grumpy about that.

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
Exclusives are such nonsense. They all get released for the other platforms eventually, but it's after the hype has died away. So, someone caught up in the hype with dollars in-hand has time to cool down, maybe watch it played on YouTube, and realizes they didn't really need the game at all. Bah!

shortstorymachinist

The score is still Q to 12!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a big souls fan, but I haven't been able to play DS2 or Bloodborne since I don't have access to my brother's system anymore (downside of an international move...) and it's been murder trying to avoid spoilers. It makes me happy to hear you think Bloodborne is so good.

TheCthultist

Kept ya waiting, huh?
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a big souls fan, but I haven't been able to play DS2 or Bloodborne since I don't have access to my brother's system anymore (downside of an international move...) and it's been murder trying to avoid spoilers. It makes me happy to hear you think Bloodborne is so good.
Oh that sucks, sorry to hear it. Bloodborne ended up being fantastic, but with that whole exclusivity issue it is a little... well, exclusive. Wouldn't say it's worth buying a ps4 for, but if you did happen to throw the money together to get one at any point, it should be at the top of the list of games to buy for it. The guys from Two Best Friends Play did a pretty thrurough playthrough of it on their YouTube channel if you had any interest in watching someone else play it, but if you're avoiding spoilers I guess that's kind of out of the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.