E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Sounds a little like Warehouse 13.

*looks around suspiciously*

We don't have any mystical Artifacts in here, do we?

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
There's no telling what we have around here. You just go digging and interesting things show.
Don't.

Or you'll find things like this book cover:
boobs-cover2.jpg

I duz not know what smibbles are. *pokes smibbles*:e2poke:

This is a smibble:
32hsmibble.gif

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm about to go to the dentist to have a disgusting imposter tooth removed.

dangerous-to-go-alone_zpsd884e737.jpg

How are you?

Not bad. Busy day of errands. Got the Radon mitigation installed at the new Cobra Dojo, fixed the daily driver, order parts for the Gray Ghost, got the lawn mower in que for repairs, ordered an upgrade for the daily driver (finally gonna have BleuTeeth in it). Just your average day of awesome.

Hey, it's Incognito!

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening Cantina! My weekend starts now.

Those wasps... :scared:

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
Yep, I taught myself to knit when I was about 13 or so and then taught myself to crochet a year or two later when I did a knitting pattern that had a crochet border. Today, I crochet more than I knit just because, IMO it's easier and quicker, but I'd say my skill level with both it fairly equal. 'Tis relaxing and fun, indeed.:D

Yay, I'm a knitter/crocheter, too! And also since age 13. ;) But I knit a lot more than crochet—or I did until this damn pinched nerve in my neck made me stop for a while. I'm slowly trying to start again.

At least the nerve thingie has eased up enough that I can work and write again. That time period really sucked donkey balls.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Not bad. Busy day of errands. Got the Radon mitigation installed at the new Cobra Dojo, fixed the daily driver, order parts for the Gray Ghost, got the lawn mower in que for repairs, ordered an upgrade for the daily driver (finally gonna have BleuTeeth in it). Just your average day of awesome.

:Thumbs:

Hey, it's Incognito!

Whatever happened with that Camaro?

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
*crochets wasp-proof cozy for entire cantina*

There, now no one has to worry. About the wasps. Can't guarantee it's fox-proof.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, I'm a knitter/crocheter, too! And also since age 13. ;) But I knit a lot more than crochet—or I did until this damn pinched nerve in my neck made me stop for a while. I'm slowly trying to start again.

At least the nerve thingie has eased up enough that I can work and write again. That time period really sucked donkey balls.

Granny Tyree put a needle and thread in my hand when I was four, had me sewing quilt squares. Taught me to crochet when I was five, to knit when I was six. Mom had me making my own clothes by the time I was nine. Made my first quilt on my own at age 30. Learned to draft my own dress patterns very close to that same age, though I can't really put my finger on which year (it happened gradually) Learned lacemaking at about 38. Learned to tat around age 43.

My mother never learned to knit until I was around 35. At which point, I taught her what her mother had shown me, and she TOOK OFF. I never got past simple knitting, socks, that sort of thing. Mom did all the patterns, cable, every variation you could think of (though she never did learn to make socks. Said it was too weird trying to knit with four needles at the same time).

Sorry I've not been around today, guys. Went to breakfast this morning with Stanley Ford and Big Sis. That went fine, but I got sick in the parking lot. Came home, was sick some more. Been taking it really easy since then. Wrote a blog post, of course, but beyond that....

Okay, okay, I confess. i've been unfaithful to the Cantina. I'm so ashamed! (not) I was hanging about on a Dieselpunk forum, and got into an all afternoon conversation about foundations of Dieselpunk, German history and culture, famous personages from the time period for Dieselpunk, etc.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of motivation, I should totally go see a hypnotist to have them make me think the lilyWife is a siren, then whenever she hums, I'll do whatever she says. Then she can tell me to write.

That will surely work and have no potential for misuse whatsoever.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
7:30 am on a Saterday...why the hell am I awake?!

The same reason I'm awake?

Good morning Cantina! It's rather pleasant this morning, though it's going to get much hotter today. Close to 90 actually. I was going to go biking, but that's just a little too toasty. Instead, I'm going shopping with my mom. Then I'll probably swim in my aunt's pool later on.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I set my alarm for 4 this morning. Taking a little break now to eat something and drink more coffee. Still so much to do......

This would probably be easier if I kept my house cleaner, but it's hard with kids and jobs and stuff.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Finally changed the link in my sig for yesterday's blog post.

Status
Not open for further replies.