• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Lantz Powell, Literary Agency for Southern Authors

Bleaumoon

Dave thank you

for your concern & interest but I do not need your help. I have everything under control. Best to you!

Allie

Re: re:publishing business

Victoria,

Perhaps you missed one of my earlier posts. I know who you are. I used to frequent a writer's forum where you kept a presence and I "knew" you from there. We have spoken on the phone and you helped me decide to get out of a relationship with my first agent. I faxed you written proof regarding issues about them.

Allie

vstrauss

Re: re:publishing business

Allie, yes, I do remember you. I've sent you an e-mail.

- Victoria

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
The Literary Agency for Southern Authors

Any recent dealings with Lantz Powell?

zarch

GOML.
Registered
Reaction score
A couple of months ago, I emailed a query to Mr. Powell. I got the response in less than half an hour. He wanted to see my manuscript, but he also sent me a zillion-page questionaire (should that have two n's?), which I didn't feel like filling out. I checked this site and decided not to send him a thing. I've also read that other folks had similar experiences with him...quick reply, request manuscript, long survey thingie. Seems like a nice enough fellow, just maybe a bit overmatched in this business.

TrixieBelden

Registered
Reaction score
Glad I found this. I just received and email from him saying that he has seen my blog and was interested in my book. Why is it always the flakes that are interested? sigh...

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Well, the good news is, I find evidence of two new sales (last year, to Kunati and Penguin Children's). The bad news is, those look to be the only sales.

JAlpha

Smilie Fanatic
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
diaryofaliteraryfictioneditor.blogspot.com
Well, the good news is, I find evidence of two new sales (last year, to Kunati and Penguin Children's). The bad news is, those look to be the only sales.

I found one more sale listed on the Chattanooga Writer's Guild site . . .

Kudos to Lantz Powell of The Literary Agency for Southern Writers for orchestrating the three-book deal for Cherie Priest with Tor Books. http://www.chattanoogawritersguild.org/news.htm

Last edited:

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Kudos to Lantz Powell of The Literary Agency for Southern Writers for orchestrating the three-book deal for Cherie Priest with Tor Books. http://www.chattanoogawritersguild.org/news.htm
According to her blog, Ms. Priest submitted the first book of her series to Tor herself, and was pulled from the slush pile by a then-assistant editor. Mr. Powell may have brokered the deal, but he didn't sell the books.

Ms. Priest is now repped by Jennifer Jackson.

- Victoria

JAlpha

Smilie Fanatic
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
diaryofaliteraryfictioneditor.blogspot.com
According to her blog, Ms. Priest submitted the first book of her series to Tor herself, and was pulled from the slush pile by a then-assistant editor. Mr. Powell may have brokered the deal, but he didn't sell the books.

Ms. Priest is now repped by Jennifer Jackson.

- Victoria

Ah ha! I guess that explains the word "orchastrating". It did strike me as an odd choice of words.

csonealjr

Registered
Reaction score
He was quick, professional, and helpful

I found Lantz professiona, quick to respond, and professional. He declined my project, but was very quick to review and respond.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Still no sign of further sales.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
PM page is gone, and although he is/was on the BoD of the Chattanooga Writers Guild, his page there is gone, too. No sign of further sales.