Jactancy January 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Muse. They are flowing, sort of. Lost 100+ but I still need to lose 500. Thinking about taking a break and going back to my silly just-for-fun project for an evening.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Thanks, muse. Good luck on your wordage tonight.

Zelenka, take a break from it for a day. You'll get it trimmed, I have faith. :D

A whopping 822 words today. Wanted to hit at least 1k, but the "day job" keeps interfering with my writing. WIP is now at 41,725! Just 8,275 shy of 50K! It's all downhill from there. :D

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
200 words the day. Going to aim for 2K tomorrow.

Proud of myself for managing to write every day this year - c'est tres productif!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
I only have 282 words to trim from this synopsis, then see if it makes any sense. 282 sounds like such a small amount. Until you try to get rid of it...

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I feel your pain, Zelenka!

I wrote half a sentence today. I kid you not. Every time I went to the WIP, someone else emailed me with something that needed an answer right now. I swear every single one of my teachers is sick with the creeping crud. WHEN will I learn to shut off email when I start to write? Does this happen to anyone else or am I just lucky?

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
heyjude - I've had days where everyone keeps interrupting me, including the cat. :( It sucks!

Ken - Nice wordage!

Zelenka - That sounds awesome. Just-for-fun projects are the best. (That's how I ended up with my debut novel, actually). ;)

1,834 words tonight and 99.2k in draft. Almost to 100k!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
HJ - It was one of those days yesterday. Constant interruptions.

Got the synopsis down to 1,099. Only 99 little words to get rid of. (Wondering, seriously, if they would notice if it's a few words over. The competition site seems a bit sensible in terms of what they expect from the synopsis at least, so...)

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Got the synopsis down to 1,099. Only 99 little words to get rid of. (Wondering, seriously, if they would notice if it's a few words over. The competition site seems a bit sensible in terms of what they expect from the synopsis at least, so...)

Come on, Zelenka, you can rip out another 99 words. :D Just look how many you've already ripped out. Piece of cake.

Got 362 on the WIP this morning, hoping for more after lunch. Depends though, as I'm kind of stuck. Good news is, the WIP is now over 42K! :D

ETA: Another 386 this afternoon. Wrapped up the chapter and started the next. Taking the break for lunch helped me get past my snag. :D Don't think I'll get any more today, it's starting to feel forced. So a total of 748 words today. (I don't think I've hit over 1k this year, yet.)

Last edited:

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
I spent about 3 hours, editing, in Barnes and Noble last night. Today I'm going to work on another scene.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
2,589 today on the main WIP. And the synopsis now only needs to lose 84 words. Not only that but the new version has had some pretty encouraging feedback, especially the new ending, which I'm now pretty excited about.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Wrote a bunch yesterday - something 1,000-ish. Today we had an all-day building safety meeting, and I wrote while they were explaining to us how to climb ladders. 2,498 words!

All of which puts me past 115K, and I am distressingly still not done. I want to get it all down before I start the wholesale edits, though.

Yay, everybody! And bravo on the synopsis, Zelenka, and the good feedback - sometimes all it takes is one person saying "Wow, that's kind of cool!" to keep you going.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
317 words yesterday and today, although I did manage to sort out a scene that was giving me problems, so not a total disaster.:D

Zelenka, did you manage to cut those 84 words?

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Wrote a bunch yesterday - something 1,000-ish. Today we had an all-day building safety meeting, and I wrote while they were explaining to us how to climb ladders.

There is a special way to climb ladders? Never knew that. It's like the time my art teacher taught the whole class how to use scissors to cut paper - a class consisting of 14/15 year olds.

Got around 500 yesterday and today combined but I'm getting distracted by the snow that is falling. I can't help it - its like a winter wonderland!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
317 words yesterday and today, although I did manage to sort out a scene that was giving me problems, so not a total disaster.:D

Zelenka, did you manage to cut those 84 words?

:eek: Haven't actually looked at it today. I thought I'd let it sit a day, do some more chapters of the rewrite, then go back over it and the sample chapter at the weekend. All going well, I'll send it in this weekend.

Got 1,283 words so far today though.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Nice wordage all!

It's been a long week at work and today was especially tiresome. Time was dragging and so was I. Only managed a whopping 413 words the entire day. :( It does put the WIP WC at 42884 though. :D Just over 7100 more to hit 50K, and then it's downhill.

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't written anything the past 3 days. Think I needed the break though. Going to get back into it today.

I just skimmed over the last bunch of posts. It sounds like everyone's progressing. Well done guys!