Not open for further replies.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
:tongue

Have you ever watched the first few episodes of a series, thought it might be fairly, eh, maybe good, and then stuck with it though some episodes fairly screamed for crackers and wine to go with all the cheese?

Ugh.

Hubs and I just finished a 2-season such thing. The last one had so much cheese we were cringing by the time credits finally rolled. I've never been so happy to take something off my queue

Last edited:

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Oh, sorry, oops...

Legend of the Seeker.

Sorcery and magic bloodlines, a couple of monsters... It seemed to have potential.

Be sure you have plenty of crackers.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Are we talking "Hercules" cheese, or worse? I can sit through lame jokes, awful fight scenes and glaring CGI if there are other elements thrown into the mix to make it worthwhile (*cough* Aphrodite *cough*) but if it is really bad I may give it a wide berth.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
You might be able to tolerate it - it's not constant. There will be three, maybe four episodes before it leaks out.

There is plenty of cleavage. And if you stick it out to the last half of the second season, they change the Confessor's dress to one with two slits in the front, ending just south of her waist.

And then of course there are the Mord Sith... http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i.ytimg.com/vi/1PiXiNOeeu8/0.jpg&imgrefurl=http://wn.com/Mord-Sith&h=360&w=480&sz=11&tbnid=q-y8j1VzbeYu9M:&tbnh=95&tbnw=127&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmord%2Bsith%2Bseeker%2Bphotos%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=mord+sith+seeker+photos&docid=GLJRIrYDbtOQQM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=UFypT4OjHM2btweM7sGjAg&ved=0CGwQ9QEwDQ dressed all in skin tight leather.

Last edited:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, I think its on Netflix right now. I'll have to check it out. I've been watching Spartacus. They show full frontals of the men...
I think both Legend of the Seeker and Spartacus are too fantasyish for me. I keep brushing up against them and thinking...mmm, maybe...
But I know I'd lose interest. Even with all the bare skin. :D

Pfft. Eeyore's easy.

:D
So? I am good at easy things. :Shrug:

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I think both Legend of the Seeker and Spartacus are too fantasyish for me. I keep brushing up against them and thinking...mmm, maybe...
But I know I'd lose interest. Even with all the bare skin. :D

I confess to working on my sister's afghan through it.

Last edited:

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I can crochet without looking at what I'm doing for a a quite few stitches at a time, but have to pay attention to what I'm doing - count so many of this kind along the edges, so many at the corners. One too many or too few throws off the next round.

And yeah, usually my hubs lets me know when he thinks I'm missing something important.

Like when -- never mind.

:evil

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe Spartacus? I haven't watched that so couldn't say.

Oh, yes, Spartacus. Didn't back-read far enough.

Not that she wasn't in all three seasons, but the second one in particular...

drool.gif

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
As if I wasn't Lucy Lawless-obsessed enough after the Xena/Gabrielle hot tub scene.

*adds to viewing schedule*

Status
Not open for further replies.