Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You guys, I am in a writing slump. So I'm going to hang out in here until I get my creative mojo back.

You could scroll around the secret solstice thread and find a prompt you like and write it by the deadline :D

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I have eaten. Veggie burgers never tasted so good. But considering how hungry I was, spam would have tasted good.

So, there's nothing of much interest on tonight. I'd like to write but I'm really tired. I'm don't think I'd be able to give it my best.

For Australia Day:

downunder.jpg

Last edited:

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Tomorrow's a travel day for me.

Upside: A four-and-a-half hour flight should mean lots of reading.

Downside: Work. Airports. Packing. More work. (I still have a 204-page brief to review before Monday's meeting. Ugh.)

Also: My day has been filled with writing and laundry. One of these things is far more fun than the other.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
THIS!!

I mean, Fen makes a good point....

Co organizer CM has spoken :D

Tomorrow's a travel day for me.

Upside: A four-and-a-half hour flight should mean lots of reading.

Downside: Work. Airports. Packing. More work. (I still have a 204-page brief to review before Monday's meeting. Ugh.)

Also: My day has been filled with writing and laundry. One of these things is far more fun than the other.

I don't envy you. And I worked today.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Is it the end of the month yet?* I found more pictures that would make awesome avatars. ._.

*I'll accept the end of any month. Chinese, Mayan, anything.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
But considering how hungry I was, spam would have tasted good.

Spam chunks in milk like cereal?

Just checking.

Because of reasons.

*raises hand* I disagree with this use of the word "brief".

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it. I used to react with revulsion to the idea of spam fritters, but it was subsequently proven that anything involving spam is going to be at least slightly delicious.

ION: Latest bizarre genre urge - British gangster stories. Came right out of nowhere, too. Weird brain.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Also, now I'm slightly weirded out because I don't ever recall telling anyone here where I lived... I've said south of England but that covers quite a bit of possible ground.

You repped me once. My location is Aldershot and you said that was really close to where you were. That's how I know.

I pay attention to these things.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
You repped me once. My location is Aldershot and you said that was really close to where you were. That's how I know.

I pay attention to these things.
Huh... did that rep mention why I felt like randomly announcing where I lived to you, or was that part conveniently absent? :D

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it. I used to react with revulsion to the idea of spam fritters, but it was subsequently proven that anything involving spam is going to be at least slightly delicious.

Yuck. Sorry, but yuck. I hate spam.

ION: Latest bizarre genre urge - British gangster stories. Came right out of nowhere, too. Weird brain.

Don't feel lonely. One of my characters in The Story just informed me that he's a Christian. Moreover, he's a preacher. Considering his role in the story, this changes the entire dynamic of the plot, of all the other characters, you name it.

Don't get me wrong, the possibilities are intriguing; it also is sort of a "well, duh, Captain Obvious!" situation, considering some of the other choices I've made in this story. But, as if have a smexytimez-free PNR wasn't unsalable enough, let's throw some religion into the mix, and COMPLETELY ruin its chances of financial success.

Ain't gonna stop me. Maybe something else will, but this won't; I'm already invested.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Huh... did that rep mention why I felt like randomly announcing where I lived to you, or was that part conveniently absent? :D

Your exact and complete words:

I just noticed you're from Aldershot. That's really close to where I am. Small world and all that. :D

(Smiley as per original.)

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
You could scroll around the secret solstice thread and find a prompt you like and write it by the deadline :D

Prompts, you say? Welllll..... :D

Evening folks. MrMac went to bed early, so I'm just hanging out on the computer until I feel tired enough to sleep :)

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Prompts, you say? Welllll..... :D

Evening folks. MrMac went to bed early, so I'm just hanging out on the computer until I feel tired enough to sleep :)

After all the (non-fiction) writing activity mentioned above, I am doing the same, in the same timezone as you!

Nightowl fistbump!

(A can of beer would have been nice after finishing all those reviews, but unfortunately none in the flat.)

milkweed

Abuses commas at will.
Registered
Reaction score
Of course! I'm the same. Anything to procrastinate writing what I'm meant to! heh :) Dyeing with madder sounds interesting! I've used it in soap before (for personal use, not for sale) with some success, but I've not used it for dyeing wool/fabric. Are you writing about natural mordants, too? Is it historical or practical? :) What's your SF piece about? (Yeah... I'm nosy! Heh)

I will be discussing commercially available mordants in this book simply because natural mordants, such as grape leaves, require such a huge amount to make an adequate mordant that's not worth the time or the grape leaves. Rhubarb leaves, which are high in oxalic acid, do make for a wonderful natural mordant but as you know rhubarb is seasonal.

As for my tome, I have a three sentence blurb in the three sentence thread if you wish to see how horrid it is already! Basic premise is humanity is vacating earth for the outlying planets due to an event in the galaxy that has set off an ice age on earth, a small group of people are accidently left behind and are trying their best to survive until a rescue ship arrives. There's also a group of humans that are trying to survive underground, we'll see where that goes. I figure I have three different stories with my basic premise, one on terra firma, one with the group underground, and one with the group that decided it was time to colonize in outer space.

What I've learned, so far, is that my grammar and spelling skills have gone the way of the dodo bird and if the nuns that taught me better were still alive my hands would be hurting and big time! The nuns at my school were sticklers, and like whacking us with that bloody chalk stick (long stick thingy that held a piece of chalk in the end) whenever we got out of line.

milkweed

Abuses commas at will.
Registered
Reaction score
I read that as "pulls on robe" and was like "good lord woman, what were you doing in here?"

But yes, welcome to the newbie. Just ignore all these crazy people. You stick with me, you'll be alright. Or irreperably insane. I've gotten both reactions, truth be told.

I dunno you might want to get to know me first, I seem to have the market cornered on crazy being an artist an all!

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Your exact and complete words:

I just noticed you're from Aldershot. That's really close to where I am. Small world and all that. :D

(Smiley as per original.)
I see... oh well. As long as you don't turn up on my doorstep asking for a place to crash, I see no harm in this. :)

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Is it the end of the month yet?* I found more pictures that would make awesome avatars. ._.

*I'll accept the end of any month. Chinese, Mayan, anything.

I just want to say that after a bit of Googling, I found that today is actually the first day of Cib on the Mayan tzolk'in calendar.

Now, to decide whether I get to let that count based on that eeriely-accurate guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.