Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And here's my thought on boobs from a straight woman.

They are fun to play with and in the right clothes they look good.

There is this.

There are also the added "recreational" benefits, depending on how sensitive they are.

But, and this is going to get "highly technical," it is also largely a behaviorally hardwired fascination based on reproductive drives. When we went bipedal, we took the focus away from the backside of a woman, where for most mammals the primary attractor lies. (Anyone who has ever owned pets that weren't fixed or, better yet, livestock, can vouch for this.) Males would look at the back end of females and judge their receptiveness, as well as their fitness and other such things.

Then we stood up, and instead of being eye to derriere, we were eye to eye, and conducting most of our interactions facing each other, moving a primary indicator of sexual readiness to a location we didn't look at as often. Breasts were the answer/response to this. Which is also why other mammals don't get them, not even the other apes (who despite their close similarities to us, still move about more or less on all fours).

All of which is a long-winded way to say: it's not our fault. As guys, it's conditioned in us.

*my excuse and I'm sticking to it*

*has no excuse for why a nice pair of legs is also so enticing*

:D

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Today, it's 15 degrees warmer than it was this weekend. Feels like spring, y'all.

Same here.

Until the end of the week where it all freezes over again and snows, again.

Is it too much to ask for a consistent winter, one way or the other? (Preferably with the inclusion of snow.)

Probably is, isn't it?

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Sidenote, a woman with big breasts typically has a big ass, which I also like, and hips, and all sorts of other deliciousness.
You know normally this kind of talk would rather disturb me, but I guess I'm not one to judge considering the attention I inevitably pay to the size of a man's feet, for similar reasons. :D

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
The ideal world is one where nobody has to 'come out', because someday hopefully someone being gay won't be considered noteworthy enough that it has to be announced to people.

Amen. To. That.

I'll opine that the cure is time in a way, as in it takes for frigging ever for things like this to change and always takes longer than we expect it will, and it won't happen overnight or maybe not even in our lifetimes. But things don't improve if you wait. They improve if you open your mouth, roll up your sleeves, get off your butt, etc.

It's like this: if you are being treated better than you would have been 100 years ago (and who isn't?), and you didn't struggle for it? That's because someone else did. Now that doesn't mean you have some kind of obligation to struggle (you don't), it doesn't mean a damn thing one way or the other with regards to what you're allowed to do or should do or whatever as a human being. But it does mean that expecting things to get better with time and only time, and not with any effort put in to educate or resist oppression, is laughably unrealistic. Either you or someone else makes it better, or it doesn't get better. End of story.

Inconsiderate, bigoted, and otherwise unpleasant people will never, ever get off your case, learn respect, or so much as give you an inch if no onepressures them to in some way.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Sidenote, a woman with big breasts typically has a big ass, which I also like, and hips, and all sorts of other deliciousness.

There's not really any specific thing that piques my attraction. Rather, it feels like everything just has to come together in the proper way to create a picture of beauty. Having anything too big tends to unbalance the body as a whole.

(Well, except for hair. I find really long hair to be quite attractive. Head hair, of course. :D)

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

Not well. Will stop in when I can.

:Hug2:s! I hope it isn't something grave, and take care of yourself!

Good morning, writers. Is there writing going on today?

LMAO... nope... After the 2 weeks of frustration that went into the most recent thing I wrote, I am ready to say frig it and spend my spare time taking long baths and watching stupid videos instead. And then I will resume trying to write.

I agree with Junely, it must be a horrible way to live, being that fearful. I feel sorry for them But I also firm in my belief that I can be royally pissed off and angry if that fear makes life terrible for other people. It isn't fearful homophobes that have the largest rate of teenage suicide in my country.

I think this is pretty much the boat I'm in, too. I don't think that just goes for ignorant/bigoted people, I'd say it's not uncommon to feel that way about anyone who has wronged you (or wronged people in general) sooner or later.

Here's the thing: suffering does not relieve people of their duty to be good (or at least not atrocious) to eachother. Ever. Being frightened and insecure doesn't excuse someone from hate speech and gaybashing any more than my being abused would excuse me from committing armed robbery.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
At the hospital with my baby girl. So far, so good; they moved us up to the morning because of other cancellations.

Yay for complimentary wifi! I'm writing in the waiting room.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For the record, yet again: Have I mentioned recently how much I love you guys and love the Cantina?

We love you too, Junely.

But...I'm always carrying my shovel.

Exactly.

My main "why?" moments with straight men is trying to fully grasp why boobs are so amazing. I'm just physically incapable of understanding that one and always will be.

They're just bits of flesh - they don't even do anything. I mean, at least with a guys... equipment, it moves. And does other important stuff in copulation.

:p

They do things... :D I think it starts young. Logan is... Ack. IDK. Seven months now? He's fascinated with breasts, but I guess he has an excuse.

:popcorn:

Exactly! They're just... there. Yet guys are so damn obsessed with them, it just doesn't make any sense. It's just confusing. They don't even do anything.

The only use I can think of them is the nessercary ones (breastfeeding), and the bigger your chest is, the smaller your waist looks.

There is this.

There are also the added "recreational" benefits, depending on how sensitive they are.

y3Yxr.gif

Morning, gang.

Whut up?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Crap, I have to go to work now.

Where's all this new classroom stuff they keep promising me where I can teach from home via hologram?

:Lecture:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Here's the thing: suffering does not relieve people of their duty to be good (or at least not atrocious) to eachother. Ever. Being frightened and insecure doesn't excuse someone from hate speech and gaybashing any more than my being abused would excuse me from committing armed robbery.

Oh, so agreed. Do not mistake me: I'm not condoning their behavior or trying to brush it aside. Nothing, not fear, not righteousness, nothing ameliorates your duty to be as kind as you can to your fellow humans.

I always thought it was a writer thing, but maybe it's just a Junely thing. But I am compelled by some inner craziness to analyze asshole behavior, to try to figure why they're being assholes. When I understand WHY somebody does something idiotic like this, it makes it a little harder to hate them.

I don't hate bigots. I pity them. I reject their behavior. Hating somebody for hating is idiotic and hypocritical.

NOTE: this has been edited. The doctor walked in halfway through my typing fever, and I lost track of what I had been saying.

Last edited:

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I don't get the boob thing. And I have them.

But then I'm pretty far over into the "liking guys a whole lot, wow, would you look at that, don't mind my drool" side of things. Like very far over.

(This is actually why the whole "it's a choice" thing doesn't make sense to me. I didn't choose to be this way. I just am.)

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
I always thought it was a writer thing, but maybe it's just a Junely thing. But I am compelled by some inner craziness to analyze asshole behavior, to try to figure why they're being assholes. When I understand WHY somebody does something idiotic like this, it makes it a little harder to hate them.

I'm not honestly sure what the definitions of hate, pity, etc are, I can't even say whether I hate them or not. I do know that knowing where the behaviour comes from doesn't make me any less angry.

I usually assume hatred must include wishing ill on someone, in which case I don't hate anybody. But if I wanting someone to stay far, far away from me or wanting to send them to another planet or something is hatred, I'm probably an awful SOB who hates all but the very nicest people.

Pity to me has to include some measure of condescension, so I try very hard not to pity anybody. If I were to do something unequivocally morally wrong, I'd infinitely rather my friends be angry at me than pity me. No one wants to be condescended.

The way you are using the term, though, seems more like what I'd call compassion or empathy, which are good things. And it's probably possible to feel a mix of both compassion and condescension toward someone, I dunno.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I don't get the boob thing. And I have them.

But then I'm pretty far over into the "liking guys a whole lot, wow, would you look at that, don't mind my drool" side of things. Like very far over.

(This is actually why the whole "it's a choice" thing doesn't make sense to me. I didn't choose to be this way. I just am.)

My husband has always said that boobs were forbidden fruit, and that's a lot of what made them appealing to him. The whole taboo against nakedness is a big turn on for him, apparently.

I don't the "it's a choice" thing, either. I wish our sexuality and sexual nature WAS a choice; wouldn't that be wonderful? There are things about my sexual nature that I would definitely be working on if there was actual choice involved. But there is no choice.

I had more to say here, but two paragraphs in, it got waaaaay too churchy. So I deleted it.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not honestly sure what the definitions of hate, pity, etc are, I can't even say whether I hate them or not. I do know that knowing where the behaviour comes from doesn't make me any less angry.

I usually assume hatred must include wishing ill on someone, in which case I don't hate anybody. But if I wanting someone to stay far, far away from me or wanting to send them to another planet or something is hatred, I'm probably an awful SOB who hates all but the very nicest people.

Pity to me has to include some measure of condescension, so I try very hard not to pity anybody. If I were to do something unequivocally morally wrong, I'd infinitely rather my friends be angry at me than pity me. No one wants to be condescended.

The way you are using the term, though, seems more like what I'd call compassion or empathy, which are good things. And it's probably possible to feel a mix of both compassion and condescension toward someone, I dunno.
I've always defined my attitude towards them as "I pity them, I hate what they say."

Just because I feel some measure of sorry for them because of how much their own fear causes them such anger and hostility, I'm not above getting completely furious at the things they say.

Though I have gotten better at dealing with their nonsense rationally as the years went on. You compare me arguing with a homophobe now to me arguing with a homophobe a couple of years ago and you'd think it was two entirely different people. I was so much more aggressive and dickish back then. Not that they didn't deserve some of it, but I realised that I wasn't helping my case when I tried to talk sense into, for example, an anti-gay marriage person and there I was ranting like an angry lunatic about how stupid and pathetic they were.

Better to talk about it sensibly than to just start yelling. Though I do admit that some specific types of homophobes still instinctively inspire nothing but pure rage and vitriol in me.

For example: Comparing homosexaulity to stuff like pedophilia, bestiality, necrophilia or anything like that? That's a guaranteed one-way ticket to seeing me at my most angry.

Whereas comparing it to polygamy is a ticket to seeing me at my most amused because it's such a failed argument when used against someone who sees no problem with polygamy being legal.

Also just want to add on a slight tangent since it was mentioned earlier: When it comes to my place in the whole 'gay rights' thing, I always feel like I'm useless. My contribution to the advancement of LGBT equality is limited to arguing with idiots over the internet. I always feel like I should be trying to get more involved, somehow.

Just don't really know how.

I don't the "it's a choice" thing, either. I wish our sexuality and sexual nature WAS a choice; wouldn't that be wonderful? There are things about my sexual nature that I would definitely be working on if there was actual choice involved. But there is no choice.
I would say I wish there was a choice involved, but I know that if there was then at my weaker, more pathetic moments I would willingly give up being gay. And while I feel like sometimes being gay has kind of doomed me to a life of loneliness and sadness, and like it'd just be so much easier to be straight, I still would never be able to live with myself if I opted to change that part of myself.

Last edited:

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Where does that popcorn GIF come from? It's so much more epic than the popcorn emote.

The scene is from the TV show Psych, but I forget which site I went to for the animated .gif. It lives on my photobucket list now, so no clue.

I love it, though.

Quite a bit, it seems.

You have an announcement to make, I believe.

:D

Guess so.

Signed with an agent yesterday.

My reaction went something like this (and apologies in advance, 'cause they're all animated gifs):

DYO6X.gif

UmpOi.gif

jonah-hill-excited.gif

tumblr_m85d8sM7ZK1qmht0l.gif

DNO3a.gif

t8zvc.gif

20048442yu.gif

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
WOAH DUDE- congrats!!!!

That was my first guess, second was... Uh, I ran out after one guess, so was thinking newly-acquired superpowers :D

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Aaaand now I have to go watch the last in a series of what have been utterly terribad instructional videos as part of getting into this one really good treatment PTSD treatment program. I should show you guys some of the so-bad-it's-good bits someday, I bet they are on Youtube...

Status
Not open for further replies.