Necation November - 500 words a day, all genres welcome!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
WOO HOO, Saoirse! Congratulations! :hooray: :hooray: :hooray:

Fabulous total, Ken! And nice to be back with the non-crazy character. Amazing cover. Your designer is fabulous.

2,225 tonight. My goal is to finish NaNoing on Wednesday, and then maybe take a day off. :)

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
WOO HOO, Saoirse! Congratulations! :hooray: :hooray: :hooray:

Fabulous total, Ken! And nice to be back with the non-crazy character. Amazing cover. Your designer is fabulous.

2,225 tonight. My goal is to finish NaNoing on Wednesday, and then maybe take a day off. :)

Thanks, Liz, it was a good day. Actually came on here to update my total, pounded out a few more tonight. (Back in the killers POV.) I love the cover too. Patti always does a fantastic job and blows me away.

Wow, talk about word counts, you are blowing it away! Good luck with NaNo. :D

Was going to add to my other post, but already had an ETA to ETA. So, added another 332 words in the killers POV, bringing my total today up to 1475! :D

ETA: Okay, okay, I know, stop adding words or wait until you know you're done before posting. :tongue I can't help if the killer decides to bend my ear, and that isn't often so I have to take advantage when he does. Added another 104 and that makes 1579 for the day! First time in a while that I've topped 1500 in a single day. :snoopy:

Last edited:

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Well, not nearly as prolific today as yesterday, but then I'm working with the psycho again. Added 202 to that WIP, and since it wasn't going anywhere, and I haven't done anything on WIP #2 for a while, I pulled it up. Ended up adding a whopping 130 to it. So, word count wise, I have measly 332 for the day. *sigh* But that is better than 0 any day. :D

Good luck and good writing!

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I posted two entries in LOTD. One from each WIP. Caution, the one from WIP #2 contains explicit language.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Ken - Words is words, and they all count. :D

Liz, excellent progress.

Started on the read-through of the revision, making little corrections here and there and *gulp* outlining it. Trying to see the bigger picture, esp in the second half where things kinda went off the rails. I hope to have this doe before I get feedback next week.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Saoirse, it is heartening to know that I'm not the only one who outlines after I write. That's my big plan for the last few days of November. :)

2,215 tonight, and I have less than 2,000 to go to hit 50K!

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
:hooray: Liz! You can do it! :e2cheer:

Good luck on the revisions, Erin.

I don't really outline, at least not in the traditional sense. I tried it with the first Kelli Storm novel and by chapter 3 it was so far off, I just abandoned it. I do plot things out, and do bios and background on my characters, but no outlining. Starting with the second Kelli book, I did start a timeline calendar, mostly for major events. It kept me in check when I'd run into a possible plot hole.

This isn't to say that outlines are bad, they just don't work for me.

Not a lot on either WIP. Added 131 to WIP #1 yesterday, wrapping up the killers POV, and managed to get another 422 on Cal's POV today. That gives me a two day total of 553 words. Cest' la vie.

ETA: Added another 213 to wrap up Cal's POV, bringing me to 635 for the day. Not great, but not bad.

Last edited:

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ken - Thanks...I as a rule don't outline either, but I do have certain things figured out ahead of time -- the story problem, how it ends (which may change while I'm writing it), and a few other key events.

I've tried both methods but it seems like pantsing works better for me. Keeps me excited. With my current WIP, I had a huge revelation about 6 chapters in that changed the entire direction of the book (in a good way) that I know I never would have thought of if I'd tried to outline.

Nice work on the words.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING/WEEKEND TO ALL. :D

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
charliebrownthanksgiving_zps41a2d8da.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my AW friends, from the Peanuts gang and me.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
2,077, and that's NaNo. I plan to spend the rest of the month getting the first third of the book in shape, because I'm hoping to hand it over to my agent in January, and right now it's mush.

Tomorrow, I am going to drink as much wine as I can without falling down.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
CONGRATS Liz!

LOL, Introversion.

Um...haven't touched the revision in 2 days. Been kinda busy with Thanksgiving prep. Hopefully tonight I can carve out some time for it, lol.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I hope everyone had a great holiday! Or a great Thursday, if you are not in a Thanksgiving zone.

I had more than a thimble-full of wine, and later in the evening did a little work on Part 2 of my November goals: plotting. I made three lists: events that happen, events to be revealed (e.g. backstory), and character stuff. The character stuff list was both the longest and the easiest. I should skip all this SFF nonsense and write soap operas.

No actual words, though. :D

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
I had more than a thimble-full of wine

So you had two thimbles full. :tongue

:e2drunk:

Nice work on the plotting, Liz.

After watching my Cowboys lose and stuffing myself with turkey, trimmings and three Sapporo beers, I crashed for about an hour. I did pull the WIP up and made some edits to what I already have, and ended up adding a whopping 64 words. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I've spent the last few days outlining the first ~25% of this book, and rearranging some of my sloppy chapters. Tonight I took the first step toward editing: I printed out the first three. I didn't do anything with them, you understand; but now I have a hardcopy.

Procrastinating? Me?? I have no idea what you're talking about!

Excellent November, everyone! See you next month...

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
I've still no idea what I'm doing with the horror WIP, which came grinding to a crashing halt 3/4 of the way through what I thought was the final draft (needless to say I've discovered it's not the final draft).

So I've turned to the other WIP which is the third Shara Summers book. So far I've got the chapter plan and the prologue, and this morning I wrote 500 words of chapter 1.

First draft, early days. But words is words, as they say....