Dear book

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
Is the thread still taking submissions from more than the mystery genre? If so here's my contribution.

Dear untitled Horror novel,

You've taken over my thoughts, and its not very nice. My fantasy trilogy, and scifi book are both requesting time with me. It's not nice to hog me so much. You're all my babies, and all deserve some love.

Your Author,
Lillith

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
Always!

(And there's always one demanding all the attention, isn't there? :tongue)
Yes! It never ends!

Dear Horror Novel,

I love you,I really do. But you do realize you were supposed to be a tertiary project, right? You've taken on a life of your own, and while nice you continue to refuse to give any of my other original work any time with me. My main fanfiction story has learned to share me admirably. You need to do that to.

Please novel? I promise if you let me outline other works I will write 500+ words in you a day. Do we have a deal? Don't be sad, my non publishable fictionpress story is only schedualled for half that each day.

With love,
Your author

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Dear New Book,

Please be patient with me as I claw my way out of super-fun work times.

Thank you,

Namatu

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Book!

I promise I'll finish you. Next year at the very latest. I know I said that last year, but I'm good for it this time. Honest.

Now sit tight and be quiet. Life is getting in the way at the moment.

Love,

Your sadly-not-omnipresent creator

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dear book,

I've missed you so much. I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday, but she's baaaack and ready to do some word slashing! :evil

Hugs

The boss!

field19

DreamSeeker
Registered
Reaction score
Dear book,

I want to begin by thanking you for giving my life meaning when the germ of your idea infiltrated my brain four years ago. Yes, it's been a fun ride over the past year finally getting it on paper. Without my daughter and new stimulants, you would never have seen the light of day.

But seriously, I'm still trying to figure out what you're about. What am I really trying to tell the world here?

Is it that weapons of mass destruction are just plain baaaaaad? Is this a female empowerment gone wrong story aimed a professional women everywhere that they no longer have the moral high ground? Or maybe it's just me living out my fantasy about being an undercover spy?

I guess I'll just let the reading public figure that out. When I finally figure out how to portray Middle Eastern terrorist and write action packed fight scenes, you'll finally be done!

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Dear New Book,

I don't understand what tense you're in.

Yours confusedly,

Namatu

Laura S

I hear make-believe people!
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Book,

I have only a few simple requests. First, please wait your turn. I know you want your story to be written NOW, but I've already promised to finish another book. Second, please stop announcing your best scenes, lines of dialog, and character set-ups to me when I am driving down the road and cannot stop to write it down, by waking me up at 2 a.m. when I'm not quite awake enough to realize I need to get up and write it down, or any other time when I cannot immediately go to my computer or find a pad of paper, as I know the moment I CAN get to a computer or paper, all of these lovely ideas will be completely gone, never to return.