The MTS Braggatorium

MarkEsq

Clever title pending.
Registered
Reaction score
In the wilds of Texas. Actually, the liberal oasi
Heck yes you are, especially on something this good!

Absolutely, really good stuff.

I particularly loved this para:

"Yeah," Kevin said, his hand on his weapon as he looked around the apartment, at the unbarred windows, the fire escape outside, the lack of alarms. "I like what I see."

Awesome. I'm jealous. :)

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Fantastic stuff, Mark! And if I ever get the urge to commit a crime, I'm coming to your town. ;)

jeseymour

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeseymour.com
Great story, Mark. We're on a roll, here, ay? Wish I had something else to send out. Waiting on one at EQMM, one at the Strand (for over a year,) one at Back Alley.

ToddWBush

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I just got two big braggy thingies today:

First, Power Burn Flash has agreed to publish my short story "Last Christmas." It'll be on the site around the end of December or first of January.

Second, one of the agents who has my first novel The Chosen, Carole Greene, liked the sample I sent her to request a full. It's indeed a great day for me!!!

jeseymour

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeseymour.com
Okay, this isn't really a brag thing, because I didn't win, but... The writers' conference I went to last month had a contest for flash fiction. 150 words, crime fiction, had to include at least ten of the words from Sue Grafton's titles. There are 47 of these little gems posted. They're fun to read.

http://www.crimebake.org/index.htm

Enjoy!

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
I expect the butler will be along with tea (hopefully not laced with arsenic) shortly. ;)

Soloset, I must comment here! I wrote a self published book called Bread & Butter: The murders of Polly Frisch (true story 1850s published 2001) Polly did just that. Poisoned her husband and children with arsenic. For the kids she laced it in the butter which they ate on their bread. The boy didn't eat any. The one girl had a couple bites and got sick. The other girl had eaten her piece and finished her sister's and died.

On the opening page I have an excerpt of the nursery rhyme
Polly put the kettle on,
kettle on, kettle on.
Polly put the kettle on
we'll all have tea.

Toooo funny you would say that!

jeseymour

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeseymour.com
I'd like to announce that I've just signed a contract with Mainly Murder Press. They will publish my crime novel, Lead Poisoning, in December of 2010. I imagine I'll be back to post an update around that time. :D

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
A wee brag for me- My e-book is going to print April first 2010! Thanks to good e-sales and a new international contract for my publisher! ( I did already post this is goals and accomplishment- sorry if this is overboard)

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, sheadakota! Definitely not overboard. :) It's exciting stuff!