• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Patient betas wanted for enormous adventure/romance/sci-fi novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katharine Tree

Þæt wæs god cyning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
katharinetree.com
Hi all,

I am looking for beta readers with time for my ~230K word WIP. It will be self-published as a serial in seven parts, and I will send out each part for review as I finish its final pre-beta edit. Part 1 will probably be ready this weekend.

It takes place on a post-colonization world. Its first-person narrator is a young woman (Perry) who agrees to a marriage of convenience with a chieftain/king. When the political situation destabilizes, hijinks ensue. This is largely a character-driven story, exploring Perry's relationship with her husband and her own process of growing up and finding herself. Perry and her husband engage in a lot of kissy-face, but there is also some derring-do to regain control of the kingdom. To quote from The Princess Bride's scriptwriters, "Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love."

Doesn't sound too bad.

I am looking for thoughts on the broad structure of things rather than line-edits, so just reading it should be the biggest burden on you. Of course line-edits are welcome, I'm just saying that I don't expect them.

Would like to have each section back within a month of sending it out. I really want to get this bad boy out the door.

Any takers? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.