• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for Writing Buddy: YA Fantasy/Sci-fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

icysapphires

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all! :)

I am looking for a writing buddy to meet writing goals with, exchange ideas, exchange work (500-1500 words a week, perhaps?), muse and ramble about our everyday lives with, and for encouragement. We all know how easy it is to let daily life sweep us away into procrastination! A fellow writing buddy would definitely be an inspiration and a valuable comrade in arms.

The writing buddy I'm looking for preferably:
* Writes and loves YA/fantasy novels/short stories (including victorian, steampunk; anything speculative)
* Is reliable, keeps in touch at least once a week via email or facebook, whichever's good
* No erotica please

About me:
I am 24, live in Orange County California with my husband and 2 cats (I'm getting a dog someday), and live to write, read, eat and explore :) My hobbies also include arts & craft and eating. (Did I already mention I love to eat?) I love animals and work as a receptionist at an animal hospital, and will soon move to another animal hospital to be trained as a receptionist/vet assistant. I am currently working on a novel about a princess whose world is turned upside down when a stranger arrives with the power to change the Kingdom as she knows it. After trying to submit it to agents and getting a few early rejections (still waiting on others), I decided I needed to revise it heavily before it was fit for publication. Although I mostly write fantasy there is a special place in my heart (or brain) that is a quiet, futuristic world. I just don't know what story occurs in it yet.

My favorite books:
Harry Potter series by J.K.Rowling (I know I know. She's my idol)
Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer
Unwind series by Neal Shusterman
Hero's Guide series by Christopher Healy
Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke
A Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkowski
Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin (watched the tv series and loved it)

If you're interested please PM me! I would post my email but I'm not sure if we're supposed to do that.

I look forward to hearing from you guys :D

Last edited:

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I see you similarly sought a buddy back in February 2013. How did that go?

lucky toaster

I'm toasty and I know it.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Icysapphires,

I'm working on a YA novel and, like you, have trouble finishing things. I swear, I have about 40 unfinished WIPs. I get stuck, and have no one to bounce ideas off of, then I shelf it. Maybe if I had a writing buddy...

I'd love to give it a try. My novel is YA Sci-fi. Let me know if you want to test me out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.