Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Come in, come in, make yourself comfortable! We've just finished setting up. We've got Mario Kart on the 64, Halo in the XBox, and Final Fantasy in the PS3. Which one? Any one! Chips and dip on the counter, and veggies, if you're not a chip person. Don't get them mixed up with the bowl of dice, though, d20s are hard on the teeth. Board games are in the closet. Grab a soda, crack a beer, it's game time.

This is a mod-approved general games chat thread. Want to squeal over the new sequel to your favorite series, talk about your newest Steam purchase, bemoan what the creators have done to your childhood idol, or gripe over your party wipe when the boss had TWO HITS LEFT? This is the place. Please keep it friendly, be respectful, and have fun!

Last edited:

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
So, I started playing Five Nights at Freddy's. And then I had to stop playing and just watch a Let's Play. And it's still completely creeping me out. >.>

There's something about those horrific knockoff Chuck E. Cheese animatronics staring slack-jawed into your security camera that just... *shivers* But it's nice to finally have another game that scared me in the way Amnesia: TDD or Fatal Frame did.

ETA: Speaking of horror, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high for the new Silent Hill. Always disappointment there lately. But man, with Guillermo del Toro involved? How can the visuals at least help being awesome?

Last edited:

Feldkamp

Registered
Reaction score
Joins thread, with my bag of d20s and character notes, and then leaves disappointed when it's not about board games.

Rips up character sheet in bitter disappointment. :cry:

Starting Mummy's Mask AP this Friday with our gaming group. Slightly nervous about the new DM, but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.

In the virtual world, I've done a land slide back into my Civ addiction. It'll pass in a few days though.

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
So, I started playing Five Nights at Freddy's. And then I had to stop playing and just watch a Let's Play. And it's still completely creeping me out. >.>

There's something about those horrific knockoff Chuck E. Cheese animatronics staring slack-jawed into your security camera that just... *shivers* But it's nice to finally have another game that scared me in the way Amnesia: TDD or Fatal Frame did.

ETA: Speaking of horror, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high for the new Silent Hill. Always disappointment there lately. But man, with Guillermo del Toro involved? How can the visuals at least help being awesome?

I've never heard of that game, but considering how creepy animatronics are, I can only imagine. And I had no idea del Toro was working on the next SH. That'll be interesting.

Joins thread, with my bag of d20s and character notes, and then leaves disappointed when it's not about board games.

Just kidding. :D

Psh, tabletop games welcome anytime, as well as board and card. :D Lemme edit the OP so there's no confusion.

Rips up character sheet in bitter disappointment. :cry:

Starting Mummy's Mask AP this Friday with our gaming group. Slightly nervous about the new DM, but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.

In the virtual world, I've done a land slide back into my Civ addiction. It'll pass in a few days though.

Oh god, Mr. Maxwell's been playing Civ with his old roommate lately. I want to play it SO BAD but I spent so much money on the Steam sale, I can't justify getting it until it goes on sale again. I've played Romance of the Three Kingdoms, uh, 11, I think? I sunk 80 something hours into one playthrough. I get so badly addicted to those kind of games.

Last edited:

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone else still play ME3 multiplayer?

One of youse must be one of the three of four people still left, right?

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score

Just kidding. :D
you know, I've wondered more than once about the feasability of having a small AW D&D group play over the internet sometime...

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
you know, I've wondered more than once about the feasability of having a small AW D&D group play over the internet sometime...

Skype call. Totally works. Mr. Maxwell and I play with our friends that way. Use a whiteboard to draw maps and video chat to show it off, or there are programs you can use to do online maps, but they can be complicated.

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score

Oh man, just imagine the storylines we could play...

I finally got in with a good group in my area at the local game shop. I could use some more D&D in my life.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone else still play ME3 multiplayer?

One of youse must be one of the three of four people still left, right?

I clicked the multiplayer option for the first time the other day, and then chickened out. Does it let you choose the other players that you're put with, or are you always automatically assigned to a group with whoever else is online at the time?

I'm interested in trying it, but am nervous!

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
There's also Roll20, which kicks ass and is how I'm running my weekly 3E Exalted Game, because D&D doesn't have enough flying spin kicks.

I've been playing Oni, a game that is as flawed as it is fantastic, with a plot that's every single late 80s, early 90s OVA stapled together, but with the blood and sex removed for some unimaginable reason.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
I clicked the multiplayer option for the first time the other day, and then chickened out. Does it let you choose the other players that you're put with, or are you always automatically assigned to a group with whoever else is online at the time?

I'm interested in trying it, but am nervous!

You can invite friends, I believe. But otherwise, it doesn't even let you pick which continent you are playing with, which means as an antipodean gamer I usually get to play with a few extra thousand km of latency unless I host, in which case I have a dream run whilst my Northern Hemisphere colleagues eat lag.

But despite its flaws (and there are others, like a lack of text chat, a lot of unpatched bugs since Bioware canceled updates, etc.) I still find it fun. Don't worry about flaming out, it's really common on the higher stages for your whole team to die stupidly, anyway. It can be bloody hard.

The best part is being able to play as different races from the Mass Effect universe. There's nothing like playing as a volus, equipped with a batarian power gauntlet, delivering, um, one-hit-kill crotch punches.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I am in tears of laughter! :D

Okay, you've convinced me to give it a go. :) Once I've got the hang of it, would you mind if I pinged you some time to try a game with you?

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
I am in tears of laughter! :D

Okay, you've convinced me to give it a go. :) Once I've got the hang of it, would you mind if I pinged you some time to try a game with you?

Sure! I'll PM you my Origin name if you want.

Wasn't there a thread around here once where we all listed our Steam names, etc?

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Sure! I'll PM you my Origin name if you want.

Wasn't there a thread around here once where we all listed our Steam names, etc?

I dunno. I went back a few pages back during the Steam sale looking for one, but only found a thread about an AW group on Steam. I didn't notice a general usernames thread.

I'm not on it much, but anyone who wants to add me, I'm sneakymonkeysa.

Last edited:

Thuro

I'm Batman
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder where you got the idea for this thread from :tongue

And you didn't even invite me. Anybody want a copy of Gotham City Racing?

Feldkamp

Registered
Reaction score
Purchased Ticket to Ride through Amazon today. The hubs and I usually stick to co-op games (we have this little issue with competitiveness - there's a reason we don't play MTG anymore), but we're in desperate need of something new and it got good reviews. I will gladly take some more suggestions for 2 player euro-style or deck building games.

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I wonder where you got the idea for this thread from :tongue

And you didn't even invite me. Anybody want a copy of Gotham City Racing?

Really? I could have sworn I set up the Bat signal on the roof.

Feldkamp, I wish I had a recommendation for you, but most of our games are either classics like Scrabble and Uno or super-competitive things like Munchkin.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Oh, Games :D Next to the board game kind I play a lot of different things.

Currently trying to get through the Ace Attorney series on my 3DS.
Trying to get through FFX HD Remastered on my Vita.
Trying Deadspace 3 Co-op with a friend on PS3.
Am on Mass Effect 3 with my Xbox.

Trying to also get somewhere with Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 3 and Skyrim...

I need more hours in the day!

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
Purchased Ticket to Ride through Amazon today. The hubs and I usually stick to co-op games (we have this little issue with competitiveness - there's a reason we don't play MTG anymore), but we're in desperate need of something new and it got good reviews. I will gladly take some more suggestions for 2 player euro-style or deck building games.

I LOVE Ticket to Ride. It's a great one. I am always tempted by the board version, but so many small pieces! Competitiveness put Settlers (and a few other games) out of commission with my friend-group.

Roll20.net? This might be a life-changing discovery.

Played D&D with a new group last night at the game shop, since our GM was sick, and there were only a few of us. Their group is very different than ours in style, but it was still a lot of fun.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh, now I need to do some ME3 multiplayer.

(Volus Engineer is best volus/engineer/anything. I own this room, I own you.)

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
We've just bought Pandemic this week, going to try it at the weekend. It'll be a nice distraction to our Android Netrunner (I am so in love with that game) days.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I've been in a game of Black Crusade!

Black Crusade, for those who don't know, is one of the 5 Warhammer 40,000 RPGs. It goes Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade and Only War! Personally, Rogue Trader and Black Crusade are my favorite for two main reasons: Freedom and Diversity!

In Rogue Trader, you are given a spaceship and said, "Go and Star Trek the shit out of the 40k universe!"

In Black Crusade, you are given something even more fun: THE GLORIOUS POWERS OF CHAOSSSSSSSSS!

ZachJPayne

Beware: #amQuerying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
zachjpayne.com
I have been desperate to get my hands back on the Final Fantasy franchise. I stopped playing consoles after PS2, so I've only played up to XII, which is one of my absolute favorites.

I don't know if I want to drop a crapload of money on a console that's gonna become obsolete soon, but yeah ... maybe one of the MMOs is in my future :D

I think I'm just gonna fit in here fine. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.