The Premiership

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
I don't understand why Brendan Rodgers isn't making more of the Lambert/Lallana partnership. They scored a lot of goals last season.

Still having difficulty believing Southampton are 2nd. But they've won 6 matches and are there on merit. Some tough fixtures to come before Christmas though.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Yeah, I don't know why he pulled Lallana when he sent in Lambert. I think he's fixated on proving the Balotelli signing was a good move.

Sterling is suffering from all of this, as well, I think. He's better when he's with players who make good decisions and lead by example (like Sturridge and, really, Suarez).

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to my first Premiership match of the season on Saturday to see Southampton play Leicester.
Watched the Utd/City derby on Sunday and have to say I'm not too worried about playing either of them at home.

Last edited:

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
After watching City's Champions League match yesterday, I wouldn't worry about playing them anywhere.

O. M. G. Could we just try to show a little professionalism and a little sense?!?

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Bayern's defending was sloppy to allow Aguero the chances for goals 2 and 3. They had been 10 against 11 for 70 minutes so fatigue must have played a part.

Southampton are playing City on Sunday and I'm going. That will be a tough game for Southampton but they've beaten City before. Last season was 1-1 with arguably a weaker Southampton team

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
So City turned up and played well. They are going to be a handful for anyone when they do that. Losing our key defensive midfielder at half time was, for me, a crucial event. Southampton matched them in the first half but didn't in the second.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Southampton haven't a thing to be ashamed of, they held very well. They are so very close to being able to win top tier matches!
Gah.
Every single outcome I wanted on Thursday failed. My poor Spurs. =(
Oh wait, I'm third? How'd that happen?

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Extremely disappointed with Southampton's result at Burnley. Just goes to show you can't afford to miss penalties.

nkkingston

Bemused Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.solelyfictional.org
You think losing to Burnley was bad? the OH and I were stood in the rain watching a certain League One team beat us. And they deserved it, at the end of the day.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
You think losing to Burnley was bad? the OH and I were stood in the rain watching a certain League One team beat us. And they deserved it, at the end of the day.

That was shameful! Listened to it on the radio, Mane had a shocker.
Not optimistic about Saturday's match with Everton as we don't appear to have any midfielder players available.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
That was shameful! Listened to it on the radio, Mane had a shocker.
Not optimistic about Saturday's match with Everton as we don't appear to have any midfielder players available.

Need not have worried! We have a new star - 19 y.o. Harrison Reed. Looked like he had played in the side all season. Everton weren't bad, we were just better. Excellent day out at St Marys'

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Our house never had a favorite until the end of last season. Sure we had hoped that the Warriors didn't shoot themselves in the foot, but they did. We'll still watch them with some interest, but the two teams we lean toward more than any other did well this weekend: the Black Cats and the Spurs. I appreciated how the Lads pulled themselves out of dead last in the spring with five games to go. That sort of effort requires finding a special drive and desire and never quitting. Those are values I can relate to. =)

Last edited:

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Southampton got a draw with league leaders Chelsea today; played really well. Bring on Arsenal.

nkkingston

Bemused Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.solelyfictional.org
Got to see Saints Chelsea in person :) Treat from the in laws. Best I've seen them play. I swear, Mane was a completely different player. It was very much a case of holding on in the second half, but hold on we did. Chelsea players kept warming up on the pitch, which was weird. I like Reed for his hair - you can recognise him in the worst of weathers! Not a lot of proper gingers in the PL these days. I like Mane's blond streak for the same reason.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
I like Reed for his hair -

Not this weekend, but on boxing day I was watching the Spurs game and got a kick out of Lamela's hair... then I began to realize that most of the team (even Kane) seem to have this tendency to comb it straight up. This subtlety amuses me to no end.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Impressive win for Southampton against Arsenal. Should have been more than the 2-0. Back up into the CL positions. Next match away at Old Trafford. Play as we did against Arsenal and we can get something from Man Utd.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Impressive, yes, but not nearly as impressive as the Spurs dominance of Chelsea. This is going to be a very interesting second half of the season!