NFL 2014 season

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Today is the last day of the off season and now it's time for things to get real. Guess I'll start off the thread with giving my picks for week 1:

Seahawks beat the Packers
Saints beat the Falcons
Rams beat the Vikings
Steelers beat the Browns
Eagles beat the Jaguars
Raiders beat the Jets
Ravens beat the Bengals
Bears beat the Bills
Texans beat the Redskins
Chiefs beat the Titans
Patriots beat the Dolphins
Panthers beat the Buccaneers
Colts beat the Broncos
49ers beat the Cowboys

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
God, I hope we beat the Bills.

Seahawks and Packers I'm not sure about though.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Oh shoot! The live game here is Broncos v Colts. Two of my least favourite teams.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Oh god don't. Luckily I record the game so can FF through all the asskissing.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
All I can say is: :snoopy:

It's the only time of year I can be a couch potato...and not feel guilty!

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I know! I've missed it as well. Had a lot of sport to watch this summer but have missed the Gridiron.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
God, I hope we beat the Bills.
I think the Bears will simply be able to outscore the Bills, since they Bills gave up an allstar free safety and simply won't have that great of a pass defense. That being said, they do have a good offense and could possibly win a shoot out.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I haven't paid a lot of attention the last month or so with player movements so I'll have to hit the website and catch up.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
The Seahawks kicked butt and didn't bother taking names!

*hangs head for Packers*

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Any other season I'd be all depressed today because the Packers lost (and in spectacular fashion, too) except this year, I've just lost all interest in football. Its been coming on slowly over the years and finally came to a head. I'm just so sick and tired of the celebrations, the "Look at me! I did my job!" bullshit that the sport has become that I'm just turned off.

So this year you won't find me dressed from head to toe in green and gold on game day. You won't see any Facebook posts or tweets about the Packers or the game.

Anyone want to buy a Packer ring, Packer necklace, or Packer earring? (It was a pair, but I lost one.) ;)

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Last night I told my Wisconsin ex-pat neighbor the Seahawks are likely to make a lot of teams look worse than they actually are this year, most especially here at Century Link. Before the Pack lost their outside O lineman, they looked better than decent--they were leading at one point--and regardless of the idiots making fun of his name, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is going to be a Player. They need to fill the hole on the D line, but Aaron Rodgers is still the best QB in the league, in my book. I won't be surprised to see them again in the playoffs (hopefully here ;)), and I bet McCarthy won't abandon half the field next time. Sherm is one of my favorite players, but he's not invincible. I give you last year vs. Indy and T.Y. Hilton.

Threak 17

Registered
Reaction score
I'm with you Shadow_Ferret. NFL players have to be the most insecure bunch of folks on the planet. What always gets me is watching a defensive back get burned for thirty yards, then celebrate like he's won the Super Bowl after he finally tackles the guy who burned him. Not enough hugs as a kid, I suppose.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I miss the classy players from back in the day, but I still lurve the game. :)

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Started off with a bunch of one sided games, then turned into a bunch of near comebacks. Dolphins are the only ones to make the full comeback and win with a surprise victory over the Patriots.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Well.... my Bears lost. With some very very bad defending. HTF does it take 3 goes to get a bloke down and he still runs over the top of you?

Sigh...... it's going to be a long season.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Welp, Ray Rice has been fired. I really wanted to believe that it was just a drunken little spat but no, he flat out punched her out of nowhere. Ravens made the right call there to get rid of him as soon as that video came out.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still amazed that she actually married him after he punched her lights out!!!

Love may be blind, but it shouldn't make you cray-cray. :(