NFL 2014 season

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
God, my heart can't take it. I couldn't even watch the end of the Seahawks/Broncos game. Good thing I donated my ticket to my son. I think I might have puked on my feet before that one was over.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
That is how I felt about the Redskin's / Eagles game, up/down, up/down. But it was a good game and a good fight...

ElaineA

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
I am sorry to say, Miranda, that there is absolutely no explaining 75% of what is happening in the NFL so far this season.

If anyone here can explain the TB v. Pittsburgh game, will you please take a crack at the NO v. Dallas game, too? Because I'm completely baffled.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, the Chiefs beat up on the Patriots on Monday Night Football! Tickled for the Chiefs, but so odd to see the Pats ... stink.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
It seems like every Thursday night game is a one sided, and yesterday was no exception. The Packers laid a beat down on the Vikings.

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
"I like the way it went tonight," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said. "Yeah, I'll take this."
Not much more to say after that.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Well, both undefeated teams got their asses kicked. And the Browns had the greatest on the road comeback in NFL history, winning a game from when they were down 28-3. And we learned that San Diego is looking like the real deal with the way they dismantled the Jets. Unlike past seasons, San Diego isn't having a slow start this year.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Could someone explain this rule change to me, please?

Gronk got into the grill of an opposition player. The refs flagged it for Unsportsmanlike conduct. Fair enough. Then they gave it 15 yards and gave back the first down. But it was 1st and 10 rather than 1st and 25.

How come?

ElaineA

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Since I'm often here when the Seahawks do well, I figured I'd better come in and take my lumps.

This whole season has felt...off. The Hawks let go of some players who didn't seem integral last year, but when Giacomini, Tate and Clemmons all went, they took a lot of the tough edge with them. It shows.

Dallas played us perfectly, very much in the way SD did. My hubs pronounced the Hawks done for the year (meaning they won't make the playoffs). I made him write it on a post-it note and put it on our fridge. We'll see. He's either prescient or a really poor loser. :D

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
And the Curse of NBC strikes again! Out of 6 games, 5 have been blowouts. And there were 4 thrillers this week, all on other channels. <sigh>

And could an Eagles fan please explain to me what was going on with the Meerkat Offense? :ROFL:

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
I can't figure out the Bears. I don't think they make the playoffs this year, but there are so many flashes of brilliance. I see one possession where the offense could go toe-to-toe with any team in the league, and the very next time they look like a high-school team.

Maybe Jay Cutler isn't quite the superstar that they need. But the quarterback alone doesn't explain how often they've blown leads.

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
The Bills/Pats game this week was so weird. The officiating was so strange. It was on both sides of the ball, so I don't think it really affected the outcome of the game, but there were some really... some REALLY strange calls.

Lord of Chaos

Let Chaos reign
Registered
Reaction score
If they just could have figured out how to finish a drive the Jets would've won handily. I get that it's a division game and you can never completely be sure what's going to happen in them, but the Pats should be worried - you can't give up five straight scoring drives to start a game and expect to win. All it would have taken was 1 touchdown on any of the first 4 and the jets don't need to rely on a 58 yard field goal.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
What happened to Cincy? Beating everyone until suddenly the Patriots and Colts kicked their ass. Also, a bit disappointed in the Browns. Though I loved the Ravens' game. Also have to give credit to the Rams for pulling off that upset. Austin Davis is showing why he should be their permanent quarterback.