international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score

dolores haze

Registered
Reaction score
According to FAQ: How Should You Link to Images

Get a free account at PhotoBucket or Flickr or Picasa or ImageShack or a similar site, and upload the image there.

So why doesn't flickr work? It should.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Give me a second to play with a Flickr image I can access, Dolores, and I'll see if I can't figure out why it isn't working.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Under "share" and then BBcode, isolate the part of the code that is between the img slash tags.

Because that seems to be the difference between what I tried at first and what soapy did.

:)

dolores haze

Registered
Reaction score
Give me a second to play with a Flickr image I can access, Dolores, and I'll see if I can't figure out why it isn't working.

Thanks, Bos. I figured out I was grabbing the url instead of the code and I also have all my pics set to private. I'm good now, I think. My hero!

Man...DOLORES! I'm all curious now. :( But I'm falling asleep.

:popcorn: I hope you get it figured out. And fast.

Nothing exciting, soaps. Just needed to learn how to do it. Though I will be sharing new cover art tomorrow.*grin*

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Under "share" and then BBcode, isolate the part of the code that is between the img slash tags.

Because that seems to be the difference between what I tried at first and what soapy did.

Mine isn't hotlinked, right? That counts as okay, right? Since it's from Flickr.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Morning Hounds!

You wanna hear a funny story/rant? Well i'm going to tell it anyway! So for the last few weeks (really years) as alot of people on here know i've been having problems with one class, and in particular one professor and his bff who id my academic adviser. SO i bombed the first test in the class (AND I STUDIED MY ASS OFF!!!) went to the teacher and he refused to help me. SO i went to my adviser who was equally as unhelpful but told me there is an adjunct freshman professor who could tutor me because even though i'm in an upper level chemistry class "Its all just basically freshman chem" (I knew this was a total lie because i understood freshman chem and got a B in that!) So to show them both I'm trying i go see the professor today for tutoring. He starts going over really simple problems with me and i'm like "No i understand that! How do i do the stuff on the pogils?" the guy falls silent and starts asking me questions about the class itself

"Does he lecture?" NO
"So he just hands out a paper and tells you to do it?" Yes
"But he goes over the answers with you right?" NO
"But you can follow a textbook..." Dont have one
"Oh... he gives you sample problems..." No.

So the teacher sits there after i show him my take home test and was like "Hold on i'm going to need to look stuff up" and starts practically reading the damn text book searching for anything that can give him a fucking clue on what my professor is asking of us!!! Finally after almost an hour of silence he says

"I'm really embarrassed to say this but i have no idea what your professor is asking you to do, and I've been a chem teacher for 15 years."

So. Let me get this straight. A Chemistry professor of 15 years, cant solve a problem that i'm given on a test. Does that raise read flags for anyone else????!!!! How the hell am i suppose to pass my test tomorrow if the a God damn expert cant even do it!?

dolores haze

Registered
Reaction score
So. Let me get this straight. A Chemistry professor of 15 years, cant solve a problem that i'm given on a test. Does that raise read flags for anyone else????!!!! How the hell am i suppose to pass my test tomorrow if the a God damn expert cant even do it!?

I think someone from the university should sit in on the class and observe. Any chance of getting someone to do that?

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Dang, you guys are moving fast tonight! I just had a very long soak in the tub and come back to see a whole page and a half gone! :D

ABBY!! :Hug2:

We're glad you have Wi-fi, too. Miss you. Sounds like the kids are keeping you busy. *Hugs*

:Hug2: you sound good, Abby. I'm glad.

Well, except for the whole tube tying thing. But, DUDE, that's a lot of kids--I can't blame you.

My Abs!

We missed you

*big bear hugs. huge!

Welcome back, Abs.

And hey, kids are good. In small doses.

:D

You guys have no idea how much I missed being online. Having Twitter and Facebook on my phone isn't the same as this!

Highlight of today was seeing 7 yr old Tanner put 10 yr old Maddie's underwear (all of it) in the freezer. :D There's a reason several people brought cases of beer instead of casseroles to the house. Gotta say, I'm loving this casserole fest! There was one tonight made with rice, roast beef, some kind of cream and topped with chow mein noodles. Sooo tasty!

I really want to hug all of you for being parents. This morning I couldn't stop crying because I honestly don't think I'm made for it. The baby, 3 yr old Dylan fell off 10 yr old's lap and smacked his face on the garage floor and got a huge fat lip. He was okay, but I freaked out and felt so horrible all night. With all the kids I just can't keep my eye on them all!

I'll stop ranting about kids. Tonight I'm watching something not Dora (god, she's annoying!) related and drinking heavily.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I've been trying to get someone to realize there is a horrible problem, but almost everyone already knows. And the only person who would sit in on his class would be the head of the department who happens to be my academic adviser and who also happens to be my professors best friend. See how the interwoven circle keeps screwing me. This is why every chem professor hates me, because i blew the whistle on my professor and because of that got on the head of the departments bad side.

If i do bad on this test (which I know i will) then the dean might have to step in to see if they can find a new solution because this is my second time taking this class and doing just as bad.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dang, you guys are moving fast tonight! I just had a very long soak in the tub and come back to see a whole page and a half gone! :D
eh, it was mostly just a cluster F of us trying to figure out some photo posting code. :D

Tonight I'm watching something not Dora (god, she's annoying!) related and drinking heavily.
Sounds like you deserve it.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Abs, you're being asked to watch too many of them all at once. Real life parenting doesn't work like that.

Don't sell yourself short just bcs your rels are using you as the free babysitter.

dolores haze

Registered
Reaction score
I needed a tutorial, Abs.

Kids are not easy, but they have some sweet qualities, too. Tonight my boys were swearing to me how they'd totally rescue me if I got kidnapped by martians.

Status
Not open for further replies.