Exercise Equipment 1, Harry Reid 0

What was the undisclosed piece of exercise equipment

• Total voters

Michael Wolfe

Jambo Bwana
Registered
Reaction score
I was all prepared to laugh and crack jokes, but those injuries sound pretty serious.

Damn.

Yeah, I agree. I know if it were me who was injured, I wouldn't think the jokes were all that funny.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Whereas I'd be making the jokes myself as soon as I could move my broken jaw.

Michael Wolfe

Jambo Bwana
Registered
Reaction score
Whereas I'd be making the jokes myself as soon as I could move my broken jaw.

Me too (possibly). But jokes from strangers rarely carry a similar spirit, imo. So it's not really all that comparable.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I find it unlikely he's going to read the thread and be hurt. But if he's sensitive, he might want to avoid the late night talk shows, which will surely have a field day.

I'm a stalwart fan of dark humor.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
yeah he's already back at work.

let's stop pretending this is the hospital scene from the godfather and you guys are rolling his bed around from room to room to keep the bad guys away.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
yeah. let's fast-forward to the scene with the cannoli.

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
I'm fairly certain even being comatose wouldn't preclude one from being 'back to work' with the current senate.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
we also would have accepted "people with rib injuries often roll over to protect themselves."

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
He was still doing OK before that truck came crashing through the window.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
It couldn't have been easy to pull off that backflip with his broken ribs.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Apparently only the right-hand side of it, though. I don't mean to be critical, but I think he'd get more benefits from working both sides of his face equally.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not a total surprise...

Washington (CNN)Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid said Friday he won't seek reelection in 2016, a surprise move that's certain to open a fierce battle for his seat as well as a fight to lead the Democratic party in the chamber.

The fifth-term Nevada Democrat had denied retirement rumors for months, which grew louder after he suffered serious injuries in an exercising accident on New Year's Day. He said in a video posted on Twitter and Youtube that the bruises were "nothing," but added that "this accident has caused us for the first time to have a little bit of downtime ... time to ponder and to think."

"We have got to be more concerned about the country, the senate, the state of Nevada, than us. And as a result of that, I'm not going to run for reelection," he says in the video.

Reid was a top GOP target and expecting a fierce reelection fight, and he says in the video that he feels it would be "inappropriate" for him to "soak up all those resources" while Democrats have a real shot at taking back the Senate. In an interview with the New York Times, Reid notes that many of Democrats' top targets are in big, expensive states, naming Pennsylvania, Missouri, Florida and Maryland as examples.

"The decision I made has absolutely nothing to do with my injury, and it has nothing to do with my being majority leader, and it certainly has nothing to do with my ability to be reelected, because the path to reelection is much easier than it probably has been any time that I've run for reelection," he says in the video.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/27/politics/harry-reid-retiring-announcement-2016/index.html

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
Harry Reid endorses Chuck Schumer to succeed him as Senate Minority Leader

Source: Washington Post

Senate Minority Leader Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.) has endorsed Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) to succeed him after he retires at the end of 2016.

"I think Schumer should be able to succeed me," Reid said in a Friday morning interview at his home in Washington's West End.

Reid predicted that Schumer, the No. 3 Senate Democrat in leadership and a close friend, would win the Democratic leader post without opposition. He said that the other likely contender, Senate Minority Whip Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.), would stand down for Schumer.

Reid called Schumer "extremely smart" and noted the brash, energetic New Yorker would have a "different style" than Reid's soft talking nature.

Read more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...im-as-senate-minority-leader/?wpisrc=al_alert

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
Source: Washington Post

Senate Minority Leader Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.) has endorsed Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) to succeed him after he retires at the end of 2016.

"I think Schumer should be able to succeed me," Reid said in a Friday morning interview at his home in Washington's West End.

Reid predicted that Schumer, the No. 3 Senate Democrat in leadership and a close friend, would win the Democratic leader post without opposition. He said that the other likely contender, Senate Minority Whip Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.), would stand down for Schumer.

Reid called Schumer "extremely smart" and noted the brash, energetic New Yorker would have a "different style" than Reid's soft talking nature.

Read more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...im-as-senate-minority-leader/?wpisrc=al_alert
Schumer would be a logical choice. He's one of the few Democrats I consider as big of an a**hole as Mitch McConnell.