Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Dude, is there a thread on the board for resources?

Does anyone go look for them?

I'm serious. There are a few threads with mass linkage, but people seem to prefer asking for specific things which could easily be checked off by going to the linkage threads. I'm not sure having a thread full of reference threads would help either, and... I would have no idea where I could post it to catch everyone who wants helpful linkage. *thinks*

Give me a while, and I'll probably come up with some way of gathering all of the resources into one big bundle. There are pages of linkies scattered everywhere at the moment...

This link was cute, but it led me, by a rather circuitous route, to this, which is a cache of pdf's of government publications from WWII, things like, "how to set up a victory garden," and "community action for children in wartime."

That specific link would go into the History forum's Resources By Era.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
@Ali- yep. I keep getting sidetracked. Must change it.

@10- I meant you said something about a last walk, which wasn't all that long ago, and I was worried. I'm glad he's still naughty :heart:

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
So, I've decided to embark on a journey through the clash's backlist.

This is going to take ages. So much fun though.

You mean as in ' Simonon, Headon, Jones and Strummer'? Ooo, enjoy! I have London Calling and a Greatest Hits, but to my eternal regret have never managed to buy Sandinista! I really should rectify that.

I should get hold of the Big Audio Dynamite stuff too. *sigh*

ETA: Must write list, must write list, must write list, must write something!

:Coffee:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I want a pimento cheese sandwich. Pimento grilled cheese!!!!

A quarter of eight in the morning is not too early for that, right?

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Cantina!

No snow yet. Apparently the ground is still too hard to support any accumulation, but that's going to change. Hopefully there're be some white stuff on the ground when I wake up.

ION: I just saw video of truck tipping over and spilling a bunch of cows. :eek:

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
I have the bizarre urge to write an audio drama.. even though I'd have approximately no idea how to actually do that.

Damn you Big Finish for making audio dramas sound so damn good!

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I have the bizarre urge to write an audio drama.. even though I'd have approximately no idea how to actually do that.

The BBC's website, has several examples of radio scripts to download, along with a guide to what notation should be included for sounds, music, and so on (I'm gonna have to dig through the site to find where I saw that though). Oh, and there are a few people on AW who have produced audio drama.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
He's still naughty as hell :heart:

I'm glad he's still around to cause trouble. :)

And good morning!

Today will be all about packing. Got to have everything ready since we'll be up super early to catch our flight.

Did I mention that I won't be around at all for the next week? My parents do not live in the 21st century yet and thus do not have WiFi. So to get online I'd have to use their computer. Makes me sad. :(

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
The BBC's website, has several examples of radio scripts to download, along with a guide to what notation should be included for sounds, music, and so on (I'm gonna have to dig through the site to find where I saw that though). Oh, and there are a few people on AW who have produced audio drama.

:hi:

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
@10- I meant you said something about a last walk, which wasn't all that long ago, and I was worried. I'm glad he's still naughty :heart:

Oh! No! That was the last time we could go on a long walk on a beautiful day, through the snow. Timmy loves snow. Basically, everything makes me sad if I realize Timmy won't be around for it next time. But this was extra sad for me, because snow makes him so happy and we have our best walks when it's just the three of us in a pristine snow world. And that won't happen again. :(

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Still not asleep. I get distracted too easily. But, I ordered a new phone! Probably won't get until after Christmas, but I'm okay with that. I'm going to sell my current device to my friend's brother too. :D

@ kricket - you'll be missed. Enjoy the holiday. :)

Okay. Now I'm off to bed.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Morning folks :) About to backread.

So as soon as the jello set, um... I ate all of it. 1.5 litres. Regardless of the fact that I hadn't eaten in four days before that, I feel like such a pig xD Definitely getting better at a steady pace.

Ah yes, and a blessed Yule to you all.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
On the third day of Mistletoemas, I gave my love so sweet...

...three words—"I love you",
...two hands to hold her,
...and a kiss beneath the mistletoe.

Good morning, all! It's 9:38am, and I'm still not dead. The world may be getting buried in snow, though—it was pretty fun walking up to the library through it all. :D

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2:s, 10s. I'm glad Timmy is still going strong.

:Hug2:s for you too, Sian. May you get a healthy, happy kitty who lives for 100 years.

They had electricity 11,000 ago to test this theory?

You know, believe it or not, there are actually people who are convinced the ancient Egyptians (or inhabitants of Crete, or ancient Mayans, Sumerians... Take your pick) had electricity. There are people who believe the pyramids were basically massive bomb shelters meant to serve the population of entire cities. Seriously, name any idea, no matter how silly, and at least a handful of people think it's words to live by.

Well, as a pagan, I am still here. :)

Me too! In case of Rapture, leave a key under the mat and I'll feed everyone's pets :D

When I worked at the call center there was this older lady who was also Pagan, and she was chatting me up once and said there's actually a company in the U.S. that does contracts where a Christian family pays a Pagan or atheist a small amount each month in exchange for post-Rapture petsitting. No joke. I almost want to Google it... I could use the extra money xD

Drop what you have into The Sandbox and you'll get more suggestions than you can deal with. :D

Oh dear. When last I was in it the sandbox was rather quiet, but now that my honour has been called in to question... *GULP*

Morning, guys. Off to the doctor's again in a few mins. Stupid finger. And it's not even the interesting one.

:roll: You are awesome, you know that?

Ah yes, and if you hadn't specified a breed I woulda said, "Have them get a Dachshund, name him Longfellow". I'm a terrible person. :D

Oh, and it's my one year AW anniversary. :Cake:

WOOOT!

Dude, is there a thread on the board for resources? This link was cute, but it led me, by a rather circuitous route, to this, which is a cache of pdf's of government publications from WWII, things like, "how to set up a victory garden," and "community action for children in wartime."

Dewd! I could use that right now. *time travel series is currently novella-ing in WWII* Thanks Junely!

Does anyone go look for them?

Me! I do! I wish there were only one big one though... *has crashed her browser so many times with too many tabs* :D

ION: I just saw video of truck tipping over and spilling a bunch of cows. :eek:

Whaaaat. Tell me they were all unhurt and ran around haywire through the nearest town. That would be awesome.

Did I mention that I won't be around at all for the next week? My parents do not live in the 21st century yet and thus do not have WiFi. So to get online I'd have to use their computer. Makes me sad. :(

Awww, well we'll miss you!

Er... I don't have internet or cable at home. Just a battery-operated radio. What century do I live in? :D

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Ah yes, and if you hadn't specified a breed I woulda said, "Have them get a Dachshund, name him Longfellow". I'm a terrible person. :D
Still better than my idea: Get a weiner dog and name him "Overcompensation."

I know that was painfully unfunny. That was the point. :tongue

Er... I don't have internet or cable at home. Just a battery-operated radio. What century do I live in? :D
You mean all of Canada isn't like this? Huh...

Don't kill me.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
You know, believe it or not, there are actually people who are convinced the ancient Egyptians (or inhabitants of Crete, or ancient Mayans, Sumerians... Take your pick) had electricity.

Well... There is tantalizing evidence. :)

Oh dear. When last I was in it the sandbox was rather quiet, but now that my honour has been called in to question... *GULP*

WIN. :D

Me! I do! I wish there were only one big one though... *has crashed her browser so many times with too many tabs* :D

*sigh* In the meantime, the various forum-specific ones are really amazing. Honestly. An hour spent going through some of the linkage is enough to generate a whole buncha ideas.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hugs, 10. And fresh duck for Timmy, if he can have it. If he needs lean meats, how about some venison.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Well, as a pagan, I am still here. :)

Hooray for being a sinner! :hooray: Now I get to remain on Earth in an eternal winter! (It is really snowing out right now, and there was already a ton of snow on the ground.)

Do I really want to know about this?

Whatever you are up to, try not to get caught. Or hurt.

...no, you don't.

Today will be all about packing. Got to have everything ready since we'll be up super early to catch our flight.

As long as you have a good time, we'll live.

...so if you don't have a good time, that means that you don't care about our lives. :D

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I"m about to do the unthinkable: I'm going to read the Fahrd and the Grey Mouser series. In all these years, I've never read them, but I've heard good things.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
On the third day of Mistletoemas, I gave my love so sweet...

...three words—"I love you",
...two hands to hold her,
...and a kiss beneath the mistletoe.

Is this going to be an ongoing thing? Am I going to have to put you on ignore for the rest of the holidays?

-1.jpg

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.