Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
Have a story idea you like but don't think you can do justice?

How about one that you just don't think you'll ever get the time or interest to get around to?

What about an idea that is good, but just not something you can see yourself writing?

Surrender your idea here. We'll keep it fed, watered and brushed in the hopes that some other kind soul will take it home, help it grow up, then skin it and make a nice little hat.

ShaunHorton

Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
In my novel, Class 5, I make reference to a similar incident to the book which happened in the past in the UK. Quite a few details are set down, but I think it would make a nice little prequel novel or novella. Only thing is, with it being set in the UK, I think a UK author would likely be able to do it much better justice than I could from the other side of the world.

It's a sci-fi/horror about a stranded alien awaiting pick-up from its buddies.

PM me if you're interested and want more details. Could also be a good bit of cross-author promotion if it comes to light.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
Ok. So Aliwood directed me here so I can drop of the plots of some stories my niece made up.

Revenge of the Killer Butterfly: A butterfly kills one of the animals that are always making fun of it.

Revenge of the Killer Bunny: A bird kills another animal and drops it in front of a rabbit, the rabbit then vomits and kills the bird. There was also a snail involved but I suspect he was just a bystandered watching everything.

Have fun hounds! Feel free to modify my nieces ideas to your hearts content. I hope you get some use out of them.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
This is from an actual news story: Drunk guy gets into altercation with cop. Drunk guy pulls gun. Cop shoots taser. Drunk guy turns away and one of the taser probes pierces his eye. 10,000 volts.

:scared:

Feel free. It's not the kind of horror I write.

ShaunHorton

Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
After getting laid off on Halloween, all Edgar William wanted to do was go down to his favorite bar and get drunk out of his mind.

This left the task of taking seven-year-old Dylan trick-or-treating to his fifteen-year-old daughter Abigail, who would much rather be out with her friends.

When Dylan runs off on his own and can't be found, it's up to a heavily inebriated Edgar, Abigail, her friend Pete, and a strange kid in an alien costume that goes by the name of Klaatu, to brave the night and figure out who is in costume and who isn't on their quest to find the youngster before something altogether inhuman finds him first.

A blurb of an idea which popped into my head. I imagine it as a horror-comedy, with the drunk father stumbling around town, looking for his son and bumping into all kinds of characters. Some in costume, some which are really what they appear to be.

Russell Secord

nearly perfect
Registered
Reaction score
A soldier in World War I is summoned by a priest. As they follow the trench, the priest picks up other soldiers. The first one (the narrator) tries to figure out where they're going and why the priest picks certain people and not others. Finally, the priest stops and hands them off to an officer. The officer hands out gear and tells them to go "over the top." The narrator survives a barrage of shells and bullets. He gets to a hill and slides down--and slides off the edge of the world....

Status
Not open for further replies.