The Walking Dead - AMC

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
You're asking Merle if the Governor's a good man? WTF?

Exactly! Why in the hell would you ask Merle if the Governor is a good man? In my mind, if he thinks that he's a good man, then the guy must be a real ass. Birds of a feather flock together...

Did anyone else think Rick cried at the end because he got a look at the baby and it had Shane's big ol' ears?

:roll:

crunchyblanket

the Juggernaut of Imperfection
Registered
Reaction score
Exactly! Why in the hell would you ask Merle if the Governor is a good man? In my mind, if he thinks that he's a good man, then the guy must be a real ass. Birds of a feather flock together...

I think that's what Andrea's getting at. I don't think she's that naive. She knows Merle's an ass. I have a feeling she knows not all is right about the Governor and wants to dig a little deeper.

RIP T-Dog. We barely knew you. Seriously.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I think that's what Andrea's getting at. I don't think she's that naive. She knows Merle's an ass. I have a feeling she knows not all is right about the Governor and wants to dig a little deeper.

RIP T-Dog. We barely knew you. Seriously.

I'm not so sure about that. It looks to me as if she's falling for him and if she had doubts and wanted to stay just to see what she could find out about the governor, wouldn't she have talked to Michonne (sp?) about it? Instead of just asking for a few more days there, because she knows that Michonne is not happy about it at all.

And yeah, poor T-Dog, I was looking forward to seeing him in more active roles this season. :/

crunchyblanket

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that. It looks to me as if she's falling for him and if she had doubts and wanted to stay just to see what she could find out about the governor, wouldn't she have talked to Michonne (sp?) about it? Instead of just asking for a few more days there, because she knows that Michonne is not happy about it at all.

And yeah, poor T-Dog, I was looking forward to seeing him in more active roles this season. :/

That's a fair point. It could be that she knows Michonne wants to get shot of the place and wouldn't go along with it anyway. That's assuming she trusts Michonne in that way.

I don't know. I'm probably just being hopeful. Novel!Andrea is smart and gutsy and I guess I'm hoping TV!Andrea turns out the same way.

I really, really hope they go down the same route with the Guv's daughter as they did in the novel...

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Because most of their relationship development happened during the break, I don't understand it. Michonne must've done pretty well on her own, why is she tying herself to Andrea? I don't get why she doesn't just tell Andrea to have a nice life, and move on.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
That's a fair point. It could be that she knows Michonne wants to get shot of the place and wouldn't go along with it anyway. That's assuming she trusts Michonne in that way.

I don't know. I'm probably just being hopeful. Novel!Andrea is smart and gutsy and I guess I'm hoping TV!Andrea turns out the same way.

I really, really hope they go down the same route with the Guv's daughter as they did in the novel...

I haven't read the novel or comics, but what I've seen so far, she's really falling short on the smarts and gutsy contributes. Of course at the end of last season I thought that everything had changed. Andrea was cool and courageous, but not so sure now. :/ Hopefully I'm wrong.

Because most of their relationship development happened during the break, I don't understand it. Michonne must've done pretty well on her own, why is she tying herself to Andrea? I don't get why she doesn't just tell Andrea to have a nice life, and move on.

Not sure I understand it either, but spending 7 to 8 months with someone after going through hell alone (except for her zombie pets) has to create a significant bond. Going through life and death situations together does that. But if Andrea keeps it up, then I wouldn't be surprised if Michonne leaves her, if the Gov will let her leave. I really don't trust him to do that.

crunchyblanket

Registered
Reaction score
But if Andrea keeps it up, then I wouldn't be surprised if Michonne leaves her, if the Gov will let her leave. I really don't trust him to do that.

Yeah, the fact that he keeps their weapons under lock and key doesn't bode all that well, IMO.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
There was a scene in the Talking dead that showed Michonne with the Gov and he has her sword then she gets it and puts it to her throat. Maybe she does decide to leave? Or maybe she tried to get into his home to steal it back? Or maybe on the Walking Dead swords for her will be like phasers for Worf on Star Trek TNG where all he had to do was reach off screen to get one?

crunchyblanket

Registered
Reaction score
So I rewatched the episode earlier and I think I've figured out why I get the 'Andrea doesn't trust the Governor' vibe. Two reasons: she asked Merle whether he's a good man. I'm pretty sure she remembers what kind of man Merle is. It seems to me like she's using it as a yardstick - if Merle thinks he's a good man, then he probably isn't.

Second - and I'm sure this has happened before, but - while she's talking to the Guv over a glass of whatever-the-hell, the camera pans to Michonne's katana and quickly back to Andrea, as if it's something she was looking at. I could be looking to deeply into what was essentially a throwaway piece of camerawork, but still.....

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:eek: Daryl lactacting? What are you doing to my man, Vince?

Maybe they could feed it blood, it can be a vampire baby. On another thought...in the prison there may be some evaporated milk, I know it's not formula and probably not good for the baby, but it's not like they can be picky. :Shrug:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
So I rewatched the episode earlier and I think I've figured out why I get the 'Andrea doesn't trust the Governor' vibe. Two reasons: she asked Merle whether he's a good man. I'm pretty sure she remembers what kind of man Merle is. It seems to me like she's using it as a yardstick - if Merle thinks he's a good man, then he probably isn't.

Second - and I'm sure this has happened before, but - while she's talking to the Guv over a glass of whatever-the-hell, the camera pans to Michonne's katana and quickly back to Andrea, as if it's something she was looking at. I could be looking to deeply into what was essentially a throwaway piece of camerawork, but still.....

I'll tell you what, if Andrea is playing it this way, then she's really clever. And if the reason she gave Merle the map and info on his brother was to cause tension between him and the Gov... Now that's smart.

I think Andrea and Michonne keep eyeballing their weapons, but if your life depended on those weapons like it has for them over the months then you'd feel naked and vulnerable without them no matter how safe the situation.

Hopefully we will learn more on where Andrea stands in tonight's ep. w00t for Sunday!

crunchyblanket

Registered
Reaction score
I'll tell you what, if Andrea is playing it this way, then she's really clever. And if the reason she gave Merle the map and info on his brother was to cause tension between him and the Gov... Now that's smart.

Or to get Merle and/or the Guv away so she can snoop properly...

I just hope that's what's happening, because otherwise Andrea's being really, really dim.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Well if we can go by the past seasons...then I'd say she's just an idiot and all of this is just hopeful thinking. But I was thinking that fighting to stay alive with Michonne for seven or eight months might have smartened her up some. :Shrug: Sorry, I'm not a big Andrea fan, though my opinion did change somewhat at the end of last season.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: See you then. That sucks that you have to wait until Friday. :/

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Wait, is it that....

Carols dead, or they just think it?

I whited out to avoid spoilers.

Just finished watching it, not as great as last week, and who just thought Daryl proved himself the man on a whole new level tonight?

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
Daryl is indeed the man. He gets things done.

Mid-episode, I thought they were keeping walkers for scientific experiments (which is what I'd be doing). Somehow I had stopped expecting the gladiator shows of the comic to show up.

Trying to figure out what's up with that list of girls' names. I think we can stipulate that the Governor is, to some degree, batshit insane.

But then, who isn't these days? Rick, for instance. I wondered if they have the telephone.

ETA: Got to admit, Michonne is pretty badass with that katana. Still not my choice for a blade, but it does the job.

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
Awww, Uncle Daryl is soooo sweet. :D

Fast forward 16 years, the world is almost back to normal, little LoriCarolJackieSophiaAndreaAmy etc. finds a nice apocalyptic boy to date.

Can you see him being greeted at the door by Uncle D , Daddy Rick, and big brother Carl and his crazed killer stare? "You're bringing our princess home at what time, young man???" :roll:

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Vince, I don't think that's the case (on your whited out part) but it's a bit of a logic snarl. Let's just say that digging out a hole just to put the dirt back in is more exercise than any of them need. Dumb, dumb, dumb.