May 2010 Blog Chain

roh

moonlight writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rohmorgon.com
Oh! This awesome. Please count me in if it's not too late.

I've been wanting to post about the music that influenced me so much in my main WIP. Thanks for giving me the boot in the butt to do so!

Here's my link:

http://www.rohmorgon.com/blog

Last edited:

CowgirlPoet

Registered
Reaction score
Oops, sorry, was in too much of a hurry there! It's updated now!

defyalllogic

i'm a girl. (i have tendonitis)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
DefyAllLogic has reported for duty: http://tavialewis.com/hyperbolicallyspeaking/2010/05/24/the-sound-of-writing/

The sound of writing
My dirty little secret? I love soundtracks. they’re kind of my favorite kind of music. Musicals, Disney movies, just really connected song choices organized in a way that will allow you to experience the movie all over again if listened to in order but still work well as stand alone songs. Love.

I went through my chapters and my music library and played a bit of connect the dots.

Aheïla

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewriteaholicblog.wordpress.com
Thanks!

circlexranch, you're up!

FYI: Lilain, I think you were the one interested in hosting the June blog chain. Are you still up for it? We should start organizing it soon or we won't be ready for June 1st (it doesn't matter if the May Chain is not quite done.)
To I leave it up to you or do you want/need my help?

ArcticFox

The Childlike Empress
Registered
Reaction score
All commented! Can't wait for the next bit.

Aheïla

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Super! Just one little thing, can you please update your post to include the blogs of the people after you as well. It doesn't matter that you don't have the direct link to their post; they are part of the chain too. Thanks!

Anarchicq, you're up!

FYI: I know I'm falling behind on my comments but I assure you I'll catch up. My life is a tad crazy this week so I prioritize; keeping the chain moving is more important than commenting. ;) I should get to it this weekend.
Second FYI: In absence of reaction from Lilain, LadyMage, I suggest you start organizing June's chain. It's coming up fast. If you have any question, I'll be happy to help!

LadyMage

Coffee habit ahoy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katherinegilraine.com
Aheila, I am honored!! I might need someone to run as my wingperson on this; my day job can (and sometimes does!) get a little hectic)

My ideas are thus for June, and I'm putting this up for a vote:

1. Let's talk inspiration. We post about music, we think about certain things that are instrumental in making our stories happen. And we know that there are influences behind every story. Thusly, describe one real-life person or event that inspired your current work.

2. Post a scene that describes or defines your main character's attitude.

Takers??

Aheïla

Registered
Reaction score
Website
We can split it as you wish. I'll send you a PM when I get home so we can figure out the best procedure.

I'd go for number 2 since I'm drawing from way too many things to choose only one event or person to present. (My stuff is really "patchwork-ish" in nature.)