Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I don't remember which forest it was (Colorado?), but there was an episode of some US docu-drama recreation series (Unexplained Mysteries, perhaps, or one of that ilk) which showed a former US military man who had joined the police force being chased through the woods by some kind of large ape - intelligent, with humanoid features. There is *something* out there in the uncharted depths of some of the wilderness, but a lot of it feels more like folklore than scientific analysis. I would love to take out a proper team of trained people to see what is out there...

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Well, there are a few people who are doing just that. And they have some pretty high-tech equipment, too.

The problem is, if you read about this book I linked to, the US Forrest Service doesn't want folks to know about how dangerous our National Parks can be. There have been some seriously weird disappearances.

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
They taste like goat. :tongue

Antelope = prairie goat

Though...

This begs the question: Would a jackalope taste more like rabbit, or more like antelope (which I presume is close in flavor to venison)?

:idea:

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, do we have antelope on the menu tonight? Boy, this BBQ gets more and more interesting.

In other news, "Warm Bodies" was AWESOME.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't read the book--I'm talking about the movie. The book is on my list, but yeah. I flat-out loved it.

Debbie

conducting hijinks
Registered
Reaction score
Morning Hounds :hi:

After Rhoda's review of Warm Bodies, am even more excited to see it.

:banana:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't read the book--I'm talking about the movie. The book is on my list, but yeah. I flat-out loved it.
Oh, I knew you meant the movie. :tongue I was just thinking that usually the books are *better* than the movie and that's why I should probably try the book again.

Or...wait for the movie. :D I'll probably rent it when it comes out. My to-read list is already sooooo long. :rolleyes:

Morning Hounds :hi:

After Rhoda's review of Warm Bodies, am even more excited to see it.

:banana:
Morning, Debbie! Missed you, didn't I?

And morning, hounds. Since today is a football day, and I don't watch football, I anticipate some writing. Yep. :Coffee:

And, if it's not too cold, I have some primrose and tete-a-tete to plant my front whiskey barrel with. I heard the groundhog didn't see his shadow and that spring will be here soon! In the meantime, I'm going to pretend like it's already here. ;)

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I may have accidentally burned some beans on the bottom of my chili kettle today. I doubt it'll spoil the whole batch, but it's not something I like happening.

In other news, the undersides of my thumbnails are burning from deseeding peppers (and that's after I washed my hands several times).

Crab & cream-cheese stuffed jalapeños or serranos rolled in fried tortillas are wonderful. Bacon-wrapped l'l smokies and serranos are pretty good too.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I knew you meant the movie. :tongue I was just thinking that usually the books are *better* than the movie and that's why I should probably try the book again.

Or...wait for the movie. :D I'll probably rent it when it comes out. My to-read list is already sooooo long. :rolleyes:

I kind of wonder in this case, because your's isn't the first, "Meh," I've heard in relation to the Warm Bodies book.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Crab & cream-cheese stuffed jalapeños or serranos rolled in fried tortillas are wonderful. Bacon-wrapped l'l smokies and serranos are pretty good too.
Ah, lil smokies. A Super Bowl staple. :D

I do not have lil smokies. But I do have smoked oysters. And popcorn. I was sooo good at the store yesterday and didn't get ANYTHING to snack on.

I kind of wonder in this case, because your's isn't the first, "Meh," I've heard in relation to the Warm Bodies book.
Oh, good. So I wasn't the only one. Sometimes I think I'm difficult to please.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
I'm so close to deleting everyone posting the same damn statuses on FB about the SuperBowl. I don't need to have 100 people telling me who made a touchdown every time it happens or that they cried at the baby Clydesdale.

#grumpy

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Does it make you uncomfortable when I use the word dongle?

:ROFL:That's the only thing worth talking about when it comes to this game, in my opinion.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
I'll dongle you, soapybutt!

I actually cancelled my cable so I'm not watching... but thanks to FB I haven't missed a damn play. The only thing I really like about the Super Bowl is the food and the commercials.

Suppose you're watching?

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm only paying attention to the commercials. And mostly just the dongle one. :Shrug:

I've actually been writing most of the day. And I'm trying to come up with a title for a short story now. :idea:

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
I have a tummy ache and I haven't even eaten anything but some fruit. I usually gorge on this day. Oh well.

I had plans to get stuff done but it appears I'll have to cut that list in half, or less. It wouldn't be so bad but my job doesn't really reward people who go in on their days off to work because various idiots don't show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.