The MTS Braggatorium

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I echo HS's comment. Definitely, congrats to you all.

*cough cough*

Um. The short story I wrote in August and subbed to a local magazine got accepted. I got a call from the editor (a call) and he was very complimentary, said I got exactly the right type of story and style of writing he was looking for and could I please send him some more stories ASAP.

*gasp*

He wants one a month. This short story is only the second one I've ever written. The first one sold to the African-American Review and is a completely different style and voice. How on earth am I going to write one a month?

Oh, and I worked out how many hours it took me to write it vs the money they're paying. It works out at so far below minimum wage it's not funny - it's hilarious! But it's a start, right?

:D

OH, THAT IS AWESOME!! :hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray:

As to how on earth you're going to write one a month - you are a WRITER. You will do it because you can, and you will be brilliant. :)

Congratulations!

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all. You're not just kind, you're awesome.

The writing bit is fine - it's the coming up with plots. And they want a generous dollop of romance in it. Eeek!

:e2drown:

:D

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Just checked sales on Storm Rising and it is only one away from selling 100 copies this month! It may now sound like a lot, but it is more than 5 times the average sales in a month. And we're only half way through! :snoopy:

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Good job on sales Ken!!!! I'd be thrilled by 100 in a month too.

And Mark, heck, I think that is pretty damn cool to get your book reviewed by one of Oprah's review staff for her site. I think that's big stuff!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
If anyone's in the Albany, NY area, I'm pimping myself and my books around town today and tomorrow.

Tonight at 7 PM I'll be signing books at The Book House in Stuyvesant Plaza.

Tomorrow at 2 PM (through the Upper Hudson Chapter of Sisters in Crime) I'll be reading and signing and dishing on the convent at the East Greenbush Public Library. We'll also be raffling off a handmade-by-me nun doll.

I'd love to see any AWers if you can come!

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Callalilly, have some GREAT signings!

I'm so excited that my short story, "Retribution," is out today. It's a light,diamond caper (prequel to Distortion). The download is free to Amazon Prime members and just 99 cents for everyone else.

51VCH%2BeCv1L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-64,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009V2YJ3M/?tag=absowrit-20

PS: My novel is showing available on Amazon in paper only, but doesn't officially come out until next week with the Kindle and Nook launch. I'll let y'all know when it's really REALLY up.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I'm so excited that my short story, "Retribution," is out today. It's a light,diamond caper (prequel to Distortion). The download is free to Amazon Prime members and just 99 cents for everyone else.

Woohoo! Congratulations!! :partyguy::hooray::PartySmil

It must be really exciting to see it all happening.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If anyone's in the Albany, NY area, I'm pimping myself and my books around town today and tomorrow.

Tonight at 7 PM I'll be signing books at The Book House in Stuyvesant Plaza.

Tomorrow at 2 PM (through the Upper Hudson Chapter of Sisters in Crime) I'll be reading and signing and dishing on the convent at the East Greenbush Public Library. We'll also be raffling off a handmade-by-me nun doll.

I'd love to see any AWers if you can come!

Would love to come, but, alas, the distance is too great. :D

Good luck with the reading and signing.

Callalilly, have some GREAT signings!

51VCH%2BeCv1L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-64,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009V2YJ3M/?tag=absowrit-20

PS: My novel is showing available on Amazon in paper only, but doesn't officially come out until next week with the Kindle and Nook launch. I'll let y'all know when it's really REALLY up.

Congrats on the short story, Wonder, and whoohoo on the launch next week.:PartySmil

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations wonder! Just bought the short (it's only free if you have a Kindle, btw) and I'm looking forward to reading it. :)