Day of listening Interview DISCUSSION thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
But you know, all jesting aside (would that I could put KTC aside, too), it really was a fun thing. And Trish deserves a great many kudos for thinking it up and putting it together.

I've found all the interviews quite worth reading, some especially so. I've yet to listen to the audio ones--I fear change--but I will, eventually.

As to OFG's comment about my words being wise, that's the nicest thing she's ever said to me. Too bad I don't remember writing any of the answers, since I was plastered at the time...

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Reading the interviews is like unwrapping presents on Christmas morning, or eating a gazillion-course dinner where every course satisfies but doesn't fill you quite up to the top...

And reading my answers and comparing them to other people's answers makes me feel like I left out a lot that I could have said...

Oh, and if anyone really, really wants to read the essay wherein I tell some of the reasons why my favourite book is indeed my favourite book, I can email it to you if you give me an addy. The prof gave it 90%, and kept a copy to show future classes in that course exactly what he wanted from that particular assignment. It's titled "A Place That Never Was: Home, Homelessness, and Homecoming in Lord of the Rings." And it's 11 pages long, including the title page. :D

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Listening to Trish's interview now, then on to Jamie's. These interviews are just great. I loved finding out more about guys that I know fairly well like Ray and Compton and getting to know the folks I haven't interacted with yet, like Godfather.

ETA: Williebee has a great radio voice.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Well, what a day. I'm very impressed with the different interview styles! And you all were and open as I'd hoped you'd be. It's wonderful to know you somewhat better.

Trish, what an exceptional idea. Thank you for this.

Last edited:

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
An emotional toddler and a trip to NYC has delayed me. But I'll have Alleycat & Kimmi's interviews up this evening. Clockwork and I should be doing our audio interview tonight and I'll have it sent over to Mac shortly thereafter.

Thanks for your patience :) These are great!

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Maybe next time I'll have the techno-fu to do actual audio interviews. I would have tried it this time (just for the pleasure of hearing what my interviewees sounded like) but I've been really pressed for time as of late and didn't want to riskk screwing it up. *sigh* But it would have been fun.

I have to admit, Trish, that the interviews I was most looking forward to reading are the ones you did--and you didn't disappoint. Thank you. :)

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Well, what a day. I'm very impressed with all different interview styles! And you all were and open as I'd hoped you'd be. It's wonderful to know you all a bit better.

Trish, what an exceptional idea. Thank you for this.
I'm just so glad you all took to the idea and joined me! I'm considering it my christmas present from AW. 11 days early.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Ol' Boy and I just want to say, for the record, we're both in love with Jamie's and Trish's voices.
Thank ye kindly, but how about the pipes on Williebee?

He's got an absolutely gorgeous voice. I want him to read the audiobook version of my novel(s).

Plus, he can sing. He and I, driving around after dinner, singing in my car is one of the little memories that weighs even with the milestone moments in my life. Loved it.

Except now it's been tainted with his besmirchment of my driving style.

Last edited:

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I have to admit, Trish, that the interviews I was most looking forward to reading are the ones you did--and you didn't disappoint. Thank you. :)

I had got first choice. I knew who I'd want to interview. I just knew. I'm glad you liked them.

And yes, next time...MORE AUDIO!

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I know. I love that Willie made her tell her story too. They had great phone chemistry, didn't they!

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Thank ye kindly, but about about the pipes on Williebee?

He's got an absolutely gorgeous voice. I want him to read the audiobook version of my novel(s).

Plus, he can sing. He and I, driving around after dinner, singing in my car is one of the little memories that weighs even with the milestone moments in my life. Loved it.

Except now it's been tainted with his besmirchment of my driving style.

Well... Ol' Boy was reading over my shoulder and I didn't want him to feel jealous.

Williebee ought to be a DJ or something. Maybe phone sex for teh laydeez. :D

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
besmirchment? You kiss your kids with that mouth?

what? Oh... Wow, good word.

I'd be honored to be allowed to help tell your tale, Miss Perks.

As to the audio-fu, anybody needs a "how to", let me know. Happy to help.

Yeah, the fingernail story was some seriously nasty stuff to imagine.

Hey III? Seems to have become a regular thing for me, for my respect for you to grow.

You're good man. Same is true for JComp.

I look forward to sharing a beer with you both again.

well... not "sharing" you understand.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I look forward to sharing a beer with you both again.

well... not "sharing" you understand.
You guys could always use three straws.

I was really looking forward to Jcomp's. I think I subtly stalk him. I don't mean to, but the light... it's so beautiful. I enjoyed his interview very much.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I laughed loud - out-loud loud - listening to the Perks/Williebee interview.

Good stuff.

Hit in the face with a car, twice?

You two are too much.

Loved it.

And yes, III had a great interview.

And Jason gave great answers to William Haskins!

cray gave a great interview and so did ShadyLane

I have loved today. thank you all!

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I've got to give Mr. Haskins mad props for his closing poem.

My office is decorated with four framed poems by AWers (with their permission.) I've got two of Haskins', but I think this might be my favorite of his. He wrote it after I printed the other two, but I've got more wall space.

Oh, the other two are by Stew21 and Poetinahat.

Last edited:

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
yes. mine on your wall makes that driving story better for me. Formula One isn't a far stretch. :)

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
You guys could always use three straws.

We did that the first time but we were all giggling so hard we kept blowing bubbles into the beer. Then some passing Girl Scouts beat us up and stoleded our wallets, so it was a mixed evening.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Oh, and Trish, can you fix the formatting on my interview with Norman D. Gutter? I PM'ed you another version. He included a poem, but it looks like the paragraph breaks got messed up in the PM or the post. Thanks.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and Trish, can you fix the formatting on my interview with Norman D. Gutter? I PM'ed you another version. He included a poem, but it looks like the paragraph breaks got messed up in the PM or the post. Thanks.

For some reason I didn't get your second email.

Can you send again. Or just post what you have and I'll delete the one I posted. That might be easiest. I lost formatting on a couple of them when I posted them.

Status
Not open for further replies.