Harlequin response time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with how long it takes for the Harlequin Nocturne to give a yea or nay on a requested full? I sent it in a couple months ago and was just wondering if it's still sitting in a pile somewhere on a small desk in the big city.

No clue, but I would send a polite nudge at the six month mark.

chancerychislettII

Registered
Reaction score
A little strange that response times for Undones are so slow. I submitted mine January 10th and have yet to hear back. Of course, if it's not a rejection I'm waiting on, I'm fine with them taking their time! Not too many other publishers take the length either, so it's not like I'm chomping the bit to submit to anyone else.

celoise

Truss me I iz lawyor
Registered
Reaction score
Update on my Nocturne full sub: Got an email last week from an assistant editor who said she's taking over for the previous assistant editor. She said she'll try to get back to me in three weeks. So, of course, I'll be on pins and needles for 21 whole frickin' days. But at least I know something now, right?

chancerychislettII

Registered
Reaction score
Update on my Nocturne full sub: Got an email last week from an assistant editor who said she's taking over for the previous assistant editor. She said she'll try to get back to me in three weeks. So, of course, I'll be on pins and needles for 21 whole frickin' days. But at least I know something now, right?
Oi, that's another thing I've noticed. Sometimes things get lost/delayed in staff turnover...wait...publishers are like real businesses? woah ;)

Last edited:

celoise

Truss me I iz lawyor
Registered
Reaction score
So, I've been waiting on the assistant editor's response to my requested full after sending her a little email nudge two weeks ago. It's been six weeks since she said she'd get back to me in three weeks, and she didn't respond to my nudge. I can only assume the rejection is in the mail?

san_remo_ave

Back at it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainegolden.com
I can only assume the rejection is in the mail?

Nope. You can only assume that Harlequin time =/= everyone else's time.

It took me 13 months to hear *anything* back from them, and that was a R&R. I followed up with Amy a time or two and sometimes *that* took 6-8 weeks just to hear 'yep, we have it!'

You're not rejected until you're rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.