Abodement August 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

lindz

Registered
Reaction score
Nice work Saoirse, great word count!

And Ken Hoss, that's super exciting. Grats!

837 words for me today. Nothing too exciting, just the aftermath of the scene from yesterday.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Thanks, lindz! You wordcount is really great, too!

CONGRATS Ken on a release date. Been meaning to start reading your series.

310 today. Wrist not happy. :(

vagough

Traveling down the Query Road...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
goughpubs.wordpress.com
287 new words this morning, after revising yet another chapter, with total word count for the WIP now hovering around the 101,000 mark.

I have a feeling that the fourth round of revisions will involve trimming!

lindz

Registered
Reaction score
Only did about ~400 today. My mom is coming into town in a bit and wanted to get in a little before she gets here.

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
Finished the galley corrections and emailed them back today.

Also managed to make an editing pass through another chapter in book three for my other critique group tonight. Added 242 words in the process. Am now a mere 388 words shy of my required minimum.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Well done, vagough and lindz! And congratulations, BfloGal, on finishing the galleys

944 new words tonight, and a few little edits. I need to step it up if I'm going to hit 25K for the month.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
First early-morning writing session of August today, and I made a start on the rewrite.

Thought I had to completely rewrite chapter 1, but as it turned out I could salvage quite a lot of it, and just re-write the beginning.

Chapter 1 done and hence I have started. This is good progress.

lindz

Registered
Reaction score
Had one of those mornings where I wake up super early and couldn't stop thinking about my writing. Had to get up and fix a few things and ended up adding 1163 words. Guess I got my words in for today!

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I reviewed over 400 proof pages in two hours today. Obviously I wasn't reading them, but looking at specific elements, spacing, etc., and it made my eyes implode. Nevertheless! I am in the middle of revisions on one novel, with plans to then move on to the next. I like the way it's shaping up.

vagough

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
goughpubs.wordpress.com
Added about 600 words yesterday in chapter 26, then sliced away 180 this morning in revising chapter 27. Only halfway through that chapter, but it's more streamlined and focused (always a good thing).

Namatu, that's a LOT of pages!!

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Wow, you guys are doing great! No real words for me, other than plotting and research for the next Kelli Storm novel. Yes, there will be more. :D This one is going to be a little different, as Kelli is no longer on the NYPD. Still getting ready for the launch of book four, and already have two interviews lined up. Keep up the good work.

Good luck and good writing!

lindz

Registered
Reaction score
Managed to sneak in 852 words after dinner. Didn't think I;d find time at all today so petty happy with that.

vagough

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
goughpubs.wordpress.com
Great progress, everyone!

Ken, now you've really piqued my curiosity about what is going on with Kelli!

Trimmed 57 words away this morning in rewriting the second half of chapter 27 to fit changes made earlier in the storyline. The changes were good ones and should tighten the plot and raise the tension level, but it does mean having to completely reframe this part of the chapter. I'll get there -- it's just taking a while!

ETA on Friday night: Total of 582 words trimmed away today after realizing that the chapter needed major surgery, first part hived off and added to the end of the previous chapter, final parts hived off and put at the top of the next chapter, and the squishy middle deleted entirely. Okay, now I can relax. (It's sad, isn't it?!)

Last edited:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
1,322 tonight, in a bit that will need to be heavily edited. But for the moment, it needs to be like this, so there it is.

I know I have said this before, but first drafts are weird.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
You're right about that, Liz.

Nothing yesterday word-wise, but I did do a quick read through of what I had so far (almost 70k!) and I didn't cringe or think it sucked, so that's something, right?

lindz

Registered
Reaction score
I had a zero work day yesterday and I felt bad about it so I tried to make up for it today. Did 2,189 words this morning. Went in a place I hadn't even thought of, so was pretty interesting.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Popping in to wish y'all good luck and BUTT-ON SEAT. I've got a new day job as Resident Programs Coordinator for a retirement community and it has been taking a lot of my time. Still writing for my regulars and a couple new zines, I just sold a suspense article to Salon, yay. it's suspense/tech and I'll let you know when it's up.

Interesting moment: After telling my neurologist that i was seeking treatment at USC's acoustic neuroma center to TRY to get my fiction back, he told me that the rx Topomax that has essentially given me my life back has a history of interfering with word retrieval and creativity. (Can I :e2tomato: at him now?)

We can fix it by switching meds :Thumbs: but not while I'm starting a new job ... so finally an MD took me seriously? I've only told him about this at least three times before. His previous response was, "So why do you need to write fiction?" :gone:

lindz

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the article wonderactivist. It can be tough when doctors just don't take into account the things that are important to you but glad you might have found a solution for the future.

1,340 words for me today. Just truckin' along.