Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
Happy Easter weekend Shaun. Bunny warning?

Should be asleep, but I'm on a high from finishing the second half of my Gorgon synopsis and the outline for the gorgon novella in only a couple hours. Might use some of this to do some actual writing. As of yet undecided on if I should do that, or just go to bed.

Yeah. One of the stranger aspects of my story is that the monster's nemesis seems to be rabbits, and they bash their little heads in against the side of the family's house trying to warn them of the danger.

:Shrug:

Don't ask me, I just write what my brain tells me to.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
Your brain is wonderfully strange. Mine decided my version of Gorgons heal by drinking human blood that's been freely given. And this is in addition to all the traditional Gorgon traits.

I've got the sneaking suspicion this novella will be dark modern fantasy...

Last edited:

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
I've been focusing more on human-based horror instead of supernatural stuff. So right now I have a character who lives in a couple of trailer homes with two knocked-up cousins. It's a very much "keep it in the family" kind of situation. And instead of focusing on how gross it is, I focus on how much fun they have. Ahem.

I think that adds to the icky-factor and the real horror.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Sounds like it Ted. It sounds interesting, though not something I would normally pick up. Is it a short story, novelle, novel?

ION: I'm loving my less cluttered siggy. I'm still working on the stuff that was there before, but my siggys now and over view of my series and novella.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
I've been focusing more on human-based horror instead of supernatural stuff. So right now I have a character who lives in a couple of trailer homes with two knocked-up cousins. It's a very much "keep it in the family" kind of situation. And instead of focusing on how gross it is, I focus on how much fun they have. Ahem.

I think that adds to the icky-factor and the real horror.

I've had an idea bouncing around for a bit, about a young boy who is deathly allergic to bees and wasps. Unfortunately for him, his step-mom hates him, and forces him to get the mail every day, where a bunch of wasps have built a nest underneath the mailbox. One of those stories of the shapes abuse can take, I think. Dunno if there's more to it or not.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I agree with Ted. If nothing else the premise is interesting so far. It sounds like something I would read.

I need a binder, loose leaf paper, some more gel pens, lables, and dividers. This whole brainstorming and story basics building in a new notebook for each idea is going to get unweildy very fast. At least I can gradually graduate any section that takes up a huge amount of space to its own binder that way.

Oh, and for any hounds that celebrate it. Happy Easter.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Your amiable bartender had to visit the emergency room this morning to have an abcess on his left forefinger lanced. Two different shots of antibiotic (both in the hip), a nerve block in the finger, a painkiller (MarPan(?)) in the finger, cut drain, prod, and a prescription for hydrocodone-acetamin, another antibiotic (cycladine), and an appointment to see another doctor in Tulsa tomorrow morning at 9am.

I took photos of the finger before the operation and I may post them once I process and shrink them down a bit to fit AW's requirements.

Hydrocodon's nice...

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning hounds :sword

Who let Greg play with the monsters then? Come on, own up :D

I spent yesterday playing with one of my many writing books and ooo, it was fun.

Today I am off to the opticians to see if they can help my eyesight out a little. I think old age is getting to it.

:Coffee:

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Ohh, that's what happened to me - spider bite. It's a good bet.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Morning hounds :sword

Who let Greg play with the monsters then? Come on, own up :D

I spent yesterday playing with one of my many writing books and ooo, it was fun.

Today I am off to the opticians to see if they can help my eyesight out a little. I think old age is getting to it.

:Coffee:

Morning Ali!

Hope your eye issues are solved fairly painlessly.

Katherine tells me it wasn't her, she prefers female victims. Considering she cringed in disgust when asked I think its safe to say she's telling the truth. She is picky about her meals.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hounds, I think my nose is going to fall off. My allergies are kicking my ass so bad it's not even funny. I sneezed hard enough to bounce a half dozen times today!

Status
Not open for further replies.