Not open for further replies.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Wow, Tas, I am impressed. :)

Hugs to Dawn. Being away from family at holiday time is tough. Hope you can get out to see them soon.

Random event of the day: when I was in high school, I used to write fanfic. I haven't touched fic for years and years, but back then I subscribed to someone else's serial story. Today, as I do once every couple of years, I got a notification saying it had been updated. This guy has literally been adding onto this one story periodically for a span of... eek. Twelve years. At least. And it's like maybe a few pages at a time. Talk about dedication...? ;)

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OH forgot.

Finished 1st draft of PORTALS (book 2). :) Revision time and I can't wait!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Tas, you look spectacular! Those clothes are to die for.

Dragon, congrats!

I'm still taking a writing break. About 20 chapters into Dickens' Our Mutual Friend for the 6th or 7th time and thoroughly enjoying it still.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Now I'm trying to figure out which corset to wear with jeans tomorrow to my family's Christmas. I mean, they already think I'm the weird one, what's one more thing, right?

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JO!!!

:PartySmil:TheWave::TheWave::PartySmil

STEALING! Sorry I'm a little late, Jo!

((((Cricket's friends)))) -- so sorry to hear about the kidlet. That just sucks.

Congratulations, DRAGON!!!

And Tas, those are awesome clothes!

I am sure I missed other stuff.

ETA: ((((Dawn))))

I am here in Los Angeles. Had a busy day of socializing today, and buying some clothes for myself, since:

Some of my nicer stuff (not that I had much) I accidentally put into storage and can't get at it.

I hadn't bought much in the way of clothes for a few years due to lack of funds and not really needing them (I mean, writing at home, it's all pajama bottoms and T-shirts and sweat shirts).

Losing this little bit of weight means things are fitting better so I'm more motivated. On the other hand the brand new pair of black pants I bought before my trip don't fit at all. Way too big, even for me.

I spent yesterday resting. The respiratory bug that I had that was basically gone decided that flying on Tuesday from China was one thing, but driving to LA on Thursday was cause for a last hurrah.

I still had fun today though, seeing friends here. This has been a great trip for that. Tomorrow's Christmas Eve party is another thing I go to every year, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Writing? Nah.

The trip to China was really really helpful, though, in figuring out what I'm going to do for this book that I er just signed a contract to write but haven't actually written yet. I honestly can't see how I would have generated the ideas to write it if I hadn't gone.

I'm actually looking forward to sitting down to work.

Last edited:

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome pics Tas!!

Pls travel safe Purgies!! Marry Christmas! I am headed to my sisters tomorrow morning to watch her kiddos open gifts :) should b fun!!

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Purgies!

(((Cricket's friend)))

(((Dawn)))

:hi: Hi Lisa! Welcome back! Yay! for the weight loss and I hope you finally squash that bug.

Dawn - WOOHOO for Crush3d breaking the top 1000! * hands tissue to Dawn *

Dragon - Yay! for finishing the first draft of P0rtals!

Tas - those outfits are spectacular!

Sammy, Ink, and Sunna (and all traveling Purgies) - safe travels!

Oh, I remember the most bizarre saying my Dad had. If the topic of discussion was a bad idea, he'd say - You'd rather tickle a wild cat's ass with a wet noodle than... (fill in the blank)

Also, for anyone who likes a chocolate fix over the holidays, I make these every year and they are devoured within minutes:
http://orangette.blogspot.com/2006/11/to-my-hearts-content.html
My brain just locked up... Those cookies have more mesmerizing power than the One Ring.

No one likes my Cap'n Crunch breakfast recipe, except Fire. (food snobs)

Speaking of food, Kiddo #2 made dinner for us yesterday - some sort of beef goulash. It was really good, but a bit salty. When we asked Kiddo how much salt she added, we realized she misread the recipe. It called for one and a half teaspoons and she added one and a half tablespoons. * reaches for another glass of water *

We finished up the LOTRs marathon yesterday. It was Kiddo #3's first time seeing them (she's 11), and she really liked them. Interestingly, all her questions were related to how the various parts of the movie fit into The Hobbit. (Apparently advertising works, since she's got Hobbit on the brain.) Today's adventure is new military ID cards for the family (they've expired). Bad timing, but we had to wait for when Kiddo #2 was home and could go with us. Then it's off to commence my Christmas shopping. (I do better under pressure.)

Dawn Schaefer

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Tas - you look lovely! I especially like the corset with the harem skirt.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Rick, the Hobbit movie is the first 6 chapters of the book, rounded out with some other stuff from the LOTR universe. There's no problem enjoying the movie if one is completely unfamiliar, but there are cool little things if you are a fan.

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Mornin', Purgies!!! Happy Christmas Eve!!!

{{{Cricket's friend}}}

{{{Dawn}}}

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JO!!!!!

:partyguy::Cake::PartySmil

charmingbillie

Are we there yet?
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning! Repped as I went, but I'm also pretty sure I missed things.

Today is another day of nothing much going on here. Billie is on antibiotics so she can't walk (seriously, it is a weird but frustrating thing). Nevertheless it did not prevent her from getting in a fight with Blue this morning (he started it). Dogs.

I have one chapter (the end) and a couple of continuity errors and then my draft is done done done and will be sent to my editor once I've read it over one more time. After which I can work on something NEW!!!!! AHAHAHAHA!!!

If you want to vote in the cover semifinals, it's here. Not a big deal either way as it's pretty clearly a popularity contest at this point and I am just not that popular* :e2cry:

*[Not YET anyway ;)]

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Morning everyone!

Yay for everyone's productivity, writing or otherwise!

And Tas, I love all those different outfits! Just gorgeous!

Save travels everyone on the roads and in the air!

Hope all of you are getting some rest and good quality Christmas time with all the baking, cooking and traveling you all seem to have going on. Happy holidays to all of you.

I'm honestly trying to keep the whole holiday thing a bit on the down low, because otherwise I'll just get sad and depressed as it's just me and the cats here and my mom and my brother both texted me for Christmas, but yeah... I'm kind of a having a bit of the left-out, out of sight out of mind sads, so I'm going to do some writing and then curl up with a book or something.

There are holiday mimosas at the bar, right? :)

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
And this is what I'm wearing to Christmas with my family. They already think I'm weird, I may as well be weird and fabulous.

VixenandJeansresize_zpsbe2a718f.jpg

Dawn Schaefer

Registered
Reaction score
Lela gave me a Christmas present and I would hug her all over if I could.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Ooh, Purgy group allover hugs? I'm so in!

*extra snorples for dys*

Merry Christmas, Purgies who celebrate! *sends love and Krampuses to all*

...what? I write horror. :D

Last edited:

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Tas- those clothes look so awesome on you.

Getting a late start today on all of my online stuff. Went with my Dad to play Santa. So, it was kind of nuts, but nice.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't want to bum people out, so read only if you choose to:

Christmas Eve, in a suburb of my city, and there's a fire at a house in a nice neighborhood. When firefighters arrive, two are wounded, two shot dead, as the fire spreads to three other homes. What is wrong with people?

Maryn, who lost her jolly

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
I'm honestly trying to keep the whole holiday thing a bit on the down low, because otherwise I'll just get sad and depressed as it's just me and the cats here and my mom and my brother both texted me for Christmas, but yeah... I'm kind of a having a bit of the left-out, out of sight out of mind sads, so I'm going to do some writing and then curl up with a book or something.

There are holiday mimosas at the bar, right? :)

(((dys)))
wish you lived closer to us, you could spend the day hanging out here, we're going to have a very low-key day.
Are you still going to the Hobbit movie? If you get a chance, the 9 production diary videos Jackson did before the movie was released are really interesting. They're on youtube.

And for all of you who have seen the Hunger Games movie, this is funny: A mashup of The Hobbit and Hunger Games:
The Hobbit Games
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZOgLzDGEa0

Dawn Schaefer

Registered
Reaction score
((DYS)) You're welcome to join me via skype. We can drink, sing silly songs, and have drunken fights about what's really in egg nog.

Status
Not open for further replies.