Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wait.

CAN we road trip to Bri's house? Because I have it on good authority that there are places in Alaska you cannot actually drive to.

Like the capital. (Although I have always presumed there must be some sort of ferry, in lieu of roads.)

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Soapy's going to be busy with the Jello anyway.
Okay. I'll save some Jello for you for when you get the munchies.

And on that note...

Off to dazzle the kids with chicken nuggets and spaghetti noodles.

Or as I like to call it: Panko chicken noodle bowls.

Because I'm exotic and culinary like that. :D

Last edited:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
So I spend all day making homemade bread and cooking the beef for homemade veggie soup. And just as Hubby stands up to go put the veggies in the soup, the last step, the power goes out. And stays out until well past suppertime.

Sigh.

AND! I miss the North to Alaska episode of the Horror Hounds. I don't get to be Daphne or nothing! Not that I wanna go someplace, you know, that FREAKING COLD. But still, sad.

If you have a Bosley, can I be Charlie? Lay on a beach and just phone in my part, while oiled-up hot cabana boys bring me mai tais?

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
You can drive to Bri's house. It's not on one of the islands. And there is a ferry system. Because roads are so last century.

What I really want is a dirigible system. Because can you imagine how neat it would be to travel Alaska via airship? Though with the crazy winds we get, yeah, we might just want to stick to the van...

I want to set a horror story on a passenger airship used for promoting a movie. They set out to go across the ocean - a fourteen-hour voyage - and...

Actually, I want this to be a movie. It'd make a much better movie. The play-within-a-play is a love story, and they're promoting it, but someone is deadly jealous of anyone who gets too close to the lead actress, the fantastic Stella LaLune. Her co-star (with whom she has a notorious feud) is the only one who believes her when she says she didn't have anything to do with the first murder - because he was chewing her out about her acting at the time. And it's 12 hours before they're back over land. And one by one people who are close to the lead actress are dying.

Final battle is a to-the-death in one of the super opulent guest rooms. The lead actress drops the badguy into the ocean off the balcony, and then collapses across the steering wheel, dramatically.

There is an interview with lead actor and actress, together, sitting close, obviously having reconciled their differences and become good friends. The host asks what they say to people who think their tragedy was staged. They laugh, and say something witty, to prove they've come through stronger than going in. Then, in the end, after the credits, we see the killer's hand shoot out of the ocean and grab onto a dock, boat ladder, or similar.

The sequel takes place in a resort, on a tiny private island co-owned by the now gloriously happy couple. It's a reunion. And the killer's new facial reconstruction means they don't notice it, when it slips in as a plus-one.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Do you suppose we'll have time for a break? I'd really like to fish for some halibut again.

And how far from Sitka are you anyhow?

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
How far are we from Sitka? VERY. Also, you have to catch an airplane. But we can have a train episode where we take the train down to the panhandle and then island episodes where we hop islands.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
How far are we from Sitka? VERY. Also, you have to catch an airplane. But we can have a train episode where we take the train down to the panhandle and then island episodes where we hop islands.
It's a huge state, I know. Some people claim they can even see Russia from their kitchen window. And, damn, but that's big.

But I love the train idea. That's kind of like a 1940s segue that could turn into a Jack London To Build a Fire, but with monsters.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com

Multiple episodes will probably be needed for this. I think I'll stay in MA guys, and just watch the show.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Lillith, you need to come to Sitka. It's beautiful. Plus there's lots of fish.

There are hills though. Mountains, some of them. And trees. Lots of trees. There are things back in the forests that folks don't always like to talk about. Don't let it worry you, though. Most often everything turns out okay.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score

There are hills though. Mountains, some of them. And trees. Lots of trees. There are things back in the forests that folks don't always like to talk about. Don't let it worry you, though. Most often everything turns out okay.

I can be one of the things in the forest that people don't like talking about...I can say roar and stuff.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com

In that case, count me in! :D I'll just be sitting with our resident dragon. I hear dragon scales are lovely bedding.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
There's both a musk ox and a dairy farm within driving distance of my house. Not like, far driving distance. Close driving distance. Also a reindeer farm that has a tamed moose for the petting. Or had? I hear rumors that it died but I haven't investigated. Either way, a lot of yummy things for dragons. And bears.

More importantly, a dragon wouldn't be the weirdest thing lurking in the woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.