Status
Not open for further replies.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Caleb, the leaves and seedhead indicate some form of poppy.

Clovia, awesome necklace!

Breathe easier, Cheeky, we're rooting for you.

Jo, you do realize there is only one winner in The War Against Squirrels?
And that usually, barring gruesome and expensive genocide, the winner is usually not humanity? Just sayin'. Can you borrow an outside dog? They're good for charging at squirrels.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Filigree - LOL! You're probably right. But I just caught the neighborhood cat tussling with one of the squirrels (at least I think so - I heard it outside the window and the cat was the only one to emerge) so I went outside and befriended him. We are now best buddies and hopefully he will make a point of patrolling the yard. :D

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Just sent an email that has me basically ready to vomit. Ha!

*refreshes*refreshes*refreshes*

Was it the email to the person?

It was the initial email to the person.

Eep.

Awesome! Go you! :D :D

Seconding this! Also, crossed fingers, toes and kitty paws for you! :heart:

Someone in my department may or may not have just traced a banishing rune under the Creeper's desk in salt from the breakroom.

This is so much win. :D

As in Clovia's necklace. Gorgeous and I so want one of those now. :D

Good news here today, I checked out the car place my mechanic recommended to me and I may just have found myself a car. :)

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Caleb, it looks like an oriental poppy, tho somewhat of a sad specimen. They have ugly foliage which mostly disappears in the summer.

Caleb, the leaves and seedhead indicate some form of poppy.

Thank you! It is indeed an oriental poppy. Looks like with your help I've narrowed it down to either the Brilliant oriental poppy or could be the Beauty of Liveremere.

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
Clovia, pretty!!

Cheeky, woohoo!! :snoopy:

I had too much sangria tonight. Hooray for summer!! And raspberries. Y'all were talking about raspberries.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Repped somewhat. I have guests tonight, but they are running a race tomorrow and asleep! That's okay, I always love being the last awake. I'll probably be the first up too.

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
Morning purgies!:)

Jo - your squirell post made me LOL. I hate those bastards. Off topic, but my brother had once LOOSE in his apartment a few weeks ago. *shudders*

Dys - Yay!

{Cheeky}

Kellion - I love being last up or first up, too. Nothing like peace and quiet and calm. Enjoy your guests this weekend!

lwalker - yay for sangria!

Okay, I'm out of here. Enjoy the holiday weekend, all, and the week ahead. Talk to you guys when I get back.:D

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Afternoon all,
Another gloriously warm summer day here.
Mopped the kitchen floor, mowed the lawn, doing the washing. Been out for a ride in friend's shiny Jaguar and coffee and cake at the Village Post Office. Now I intend to write.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Afternoon all,
Mopped the kitchen floor, mowed the lawn, doing the washing. Been out for a ride in friend's shiny Jaguar and coffee and cake at the Village Post Office. Now I intend to write.

Wow. I feel accomplished if I manage to get out of bed before 11am. :tongue

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. I feel accomplished if I manage to get out of bed before 11am. :tongue

Yeah, but you're up until some ungodly hour of the night. I'm old and have to go to bed early. :D Plus, my bladder won't let me sleep in.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Cheeky, yay for no worst-case health scenarios.

Dys, good luck with the purchase.

Jo, LOL.

Nice night/early morning - 57 degrees. The house is down to 71 for the first time in several days.

Some old pics of Chase and Scrapper. Scraps just turned 9 a few days ago, not that he acts like it. I took those with a digital camera that was under $10, hence why they're so small.

We watched this Three Musketeers yesterday. Really entertaining. Fry's was having a big media sale, so D. got a bunch of discs for $5. We've seen many 3 M. films and were glad he picked this up.

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

Must must must crochet today. Asked friend who is having a baby if I could mail her a present for herself and the baby- and she simply replied that she'll drop by. Did not say when- so yours truly has to crank out afghan asap. Hold me. Please.

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

YAY!

Morning purgies!:)

Jo - your squirell post made me LOL. I hate those bastards. Off topic, but my brother had once LOOSE in his apartment a few weeks ago. *shudders*

Dys - Yay!

{Cheeky}

Kellion - I love being last up or first up, too. Nothing like peace and quiet and calm. Enjoy your guests this weekend!

lwalker - yay for sangria!

Okay, I'm out of here. Enjoy the holiday weekend, all, and the week ahead. Talk to you guys when I get back.:D

have fun!!!!!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
*holds sammy*

Slept in today for the first weekend in forever. "Slept in" = 8 am. :D Potatoes and eggs are bubbling on the stove and will become potato salad later. Splurged $15 for a bag of 50 littleneck clams for tomorrow. Am about to gird my loins for the #1 hated job of the summer: cleaning the grill. HATE this job.

And Tas is seven kinds of awesome. That is all.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Grill is tamed. Gah. Nasty job. At least I don't have to tackle it for another couple of months.

Why yes, I put this job off as long as possible every time, can you tell? :tongue

Might go see Chernobyl Diaries in a couple of hours.

ETA: Annoyed that all the Blockbuster stores seem to be closing. I want to see The Woman in Black, but I just want to rent it for a buck or two. I don't want to spend $15 to buy it when I may not like it. Grr. There's one about 6 miles from me... but who knows how long it'll still be around. We don't rent movies often enough to sign up for the Nexflix-like program.

Last edited:

Haupe

Mad Thread Killa
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janohara.net
Thanks for the crow love, purgs :)

I bought a bunch of nibs and eyeballs to play with, have lots of ideas. They're really small and light, so great for funky little charms.
Clovia, this is a genius idea for writer pr0n. You could customize them according to the writer's personality, or their cover art. Get a few models up on Etsy and let me know. I'll happily pimp you out. (I wish I wore jewelry.)

Lily, forgot to say how much I loved the idea of all the football gifts.

LOL on the Squirrel, Jo. Between Phoenix's bluebirds and your stories, it'll be an interesting summer.

Haupe

Mad Thread Killa
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janohara.net
Lily, don't get me started on Blockbuster. We have very different media rules in Canada. We didn't have Netflix until about 8 months ago and we don't have Amazon Prime. Our Blockbuster stores were profitable and the only way to get current movies without spending a fortune, as you've noted. They got cannibalized because of the American chain's troubles.

I'm concerned that Best Buy is going to go the same way.

One thing you might have: Best Buy kiosks in convenience stores. (Like the Red Boxes some states have.) No way will I pay full price for a movie I haven't seen before.

Haupe

Mad Thread Killa
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janohara.net
ETA: Elisabetta, congrats on selling the short!

I'm frustrated about something but maybe this isn't as obvious to others as it is me. Maybe I need to chill.

Would you put up a guest post on the Friday of a long weekend at 5 PM?

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Haupe: Nope, not if it's about writing. AW dies on the weekends. Everyone does their surfing from work.

Today promises to be good. It's not raining, which means Sharkbite will be going to the town fair with my folks, which will make my mother happy. I had to get up at 7 AM as usual to feed the alien in my stomach, but I hopped right back in bed and managed to sleep in until 10. HOORAH!

Now, two moving-in goals: hang giant bookshelf, and clear the boxes out of the soon-to-be-art nook. After that, a nice lunch or dinner at the restaurant of my choice. Whee!

On another note, someone declined to be listed in my acknowledgments. Is it just me or is that a little weird?

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I'm frustrated about something but maybe this isn't as obvious to others as it is me. Maybe I need to chill.

Would you put up a guest post on the Friday of a long weekend at 5 PM?

It wouldn't even occur to me that the timing was important. Maybe they put it up before going out for the evening.

Last edited:

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jo, I think that's weird. I'd be thrilled to have an acknowledgement in someone's book.

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
The pieces of this book are FINALLY all coming together. Now it's a matter of having enough time to finish it. Act I needs almost an entire rewrite, and I'm not even into Act III yet. *head explodes*

Status
Not open for further replies.