The Eldritch Tomb of Unknowable Caffeine

Status
Not open for further replies.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I never get into the fight, or the Cinematic Titanic vs Rifftrax one. It seems so stupid. Enjoy the funny. Enough funny for everyone.

Agreed. Though I do have a soft spot for the Rifftrax Live Simulcasts. My sister and I try to go to all of them; the Sharknado one... wow, the mind boggles. But I laughed my butt off.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Oh oh oh! I forgot to tell y'all. I got a diagnosis, after how many months of serious pain and suffering? It's a hiatal hernia. I have one more test to go, but on Halloween I go back to discuss treatment options. Yay for a diagnosis! Double Yay! for it not being cancer!

Thuro

I'm Batman
Registered
Reaction score
Oh oh oh! I forgot to tell y'all. I got a diagnosis, after how many months of serious pain and suffering? It's a hiatal hernia. I have one more test to go, but on Halloween I go back to discuss treatment options. Yay for a diagnosis! Double Yay! for it not being cancer!

Awesome man. I hate cancer. Glad you were one of the lucky ones.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Cantina.

There are fewer British and European Cantinaites than there used to be, but the clocks go back an hour tonight in several European countries at the end of daylight savings time.

Awww, thank you. You guys are all awesome.

Can you believe that when I started hanging out here I was in my Gap Year? Where the hell did all the time go?

But big hugs for you all.

*tucks the nostalgia fairy back in her box*

Tempus does indeed fugit. Congrats for graduating!

Hello.

I'm a bit new and wanted to say hi, hello, hot buttered rums all around.

Welcome!

It's a three day weekend here! whoot whoot! And I spent way too much money on books....but hey, they were all on sale....

Three-day weekend here too, because I had yesterday off work - leave was available, so I took it. Thursday felt like Friday, because I knew I wouldn't be in the next day. Yesterday I kept thinking was Saturday and I have to keep reminding myself today isn't Sunday. What I'll think tomorrow will be I don't yet know.

A year ago tomorrow I was in Warsaw.

I'm meeting up with a friend of mine tonight, plus her brother. I've known her twenty-two years. I've not met him before, though I have spoken on the phone to him. We're all going to see a film together.

Good to hear!

Sorry I've lurked and not posted in here recently. Been too busy for my own good over the last few weeks and weekends have not been available to catch up on things. One reason I was glad of the time off yesterday and made a point of resting.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Quadruple yay for not being cancer! Yay for a diagnosis that doesn't look like it's totally serious, ie life threatening. Here's for hoping for a good, effective fix. :)

yeah, me too. Part of me says I should be embarrassed for making such a fuss over such a simple thing. I tell that part of my brain to eff off. It may be a simple thing, but that doesn't mean it's been easy to live with. Treatment may be surgical, and at this point, I'm like, "Bring it, let's do this!" I have been sick for two years, and I am DONE.

You're right about a hernia not directly life threatening. Right now, my biggest danger is the weight loss. That much weight loss that quickly is very hard on the heart; my blood pressure and heart rate are seriously messed up, and will stay that way until I can get some weight back on. And I don't even want to think what it's done to my liver.

I'm totally working on the weight thing; it's much easier now I'm not in agony and vomiting every time I look at a cheese sandwich. I'm eating every meal, taking those diet supplement shakes in addition to meals, and every time somebody goes to town, I get a chocolate milkshake out of the deal!

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
The corn maze near me is doing zombie paintball tonight.

Now thinking a zombie paintfall corn maze wedding would just be the awesomest.

I want to do THIS!!

Agreed. Though I do have a soft spot for the Rifftrax Live Simulcasts. My sister and I try to go to all of them; the Sharknado one... wow, the mind boggles. But I laughed my butt off.

I need to see one of these.

I'm totally working on the weight thing; it's much easier now I'm not in agony and vomiting every time I look at a cheese sandwich. I'm eating every meal, taking those diet supplement shakes in addition to meals, and every time somebody goes to town, I get a chocolate milkshake out of the deal!

GOOD!

Morning all. Woke up to a request to hold a story until December. THat's fine with me. How's the rest of the weekend going.

Rabulder

Registered
Reaction score
The day has finally come. After ignoring a lot of other non essential stuff for a month, I have finally finished the first draft of the book I've been writing for some time.

It really is a surreal feeling when you write that final chapter. Does that feeling ever become a mere footnote? I don't think it matters how many books you write. When you spend so many hours together with your story there is a sort of anxiety when its done. Have you written it as well as you can? Should it really end here? Just a few words more?

Well, now to put it somewhere dark for a month or two before the polish can start. Onwards to a new adventure!

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
Hi Cantina :hi:

I miss Livejournal. I actually still have an account, but no one really talks there anymore.

How is everyone doing? I read through some posts but I am woefully behind.

Non-writer me has been super busy which is making writer-me cranky. I need time management tips!

And a Halloween costume idea. I am at a loss.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
TIt really is a surreal feeling when you write that final chapter. Does that feeling ever become a mere footnote?

FWIW it hasn't for me yet, although I mostly write short(er) stories.

I miss Livejournal. I actually still have an account, but no one really talks there anymore.

Yeah, same here, especially as my loathing for Facebook continues to grow. Most of the reason I rarely post on LJ anymore, though, is that it just won't load AT ALL over my crappy home dialup connection, and when I'm at work I'm doing worky stuffs. Can drop a tweet now and then, but no time for anything longer or more thoughtful.

And a Halloween costume idea. I am at a loss.

One year I draped a large bright-green sheet over my head with eyeholes cut through it and fake potatoes hung around my neck. I was the Irish Potato Phantom. NO ONE ASKED ME WHAT I WAS. *deeply disappointed*

asnys

Do Not Fear the Future
Registered
Reaction score
Website
atomic-skies.blogspot.com
yeah, me too. Part of me says I should be embarrassed for making such a fuss over such a simple thing. I tell that part of my brain to eff off. It may be a simple thing, but that doesn't mean it's been easy to live with. Treatment may be surgical, and at this point, I'm like, "Bring it, let's do this!" I have been sick for two years, and I am DONE.

That's wonderful! I'm so glad to hear that! :)

The day has finally come. After ignoring a lot of other non essential stuff for a month, I have finally finished the first draft of the book I've been writing for some time.

Huzzah!

One year I draped a large bright-green sheet over my head with eyeholes cut through it and fake potatoes hung around my neck. I was the Irish Potato Phantom. NO ONE ASKED ME WHAT I WAS. *deeply disappointed*

I trust they paid for their insolence?

Morning, Cantina. :)

Little Anonymous Me

Registered
Reaction score
So, hypothetically speaking, if you discovered something that calls itself a 'private genealogy website' and is using state voter registration information to post your DOB, address, party affiliation, and race for everyone to see, how pissed would you be?

Because I am pretty damn pissed right now.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
So, hypothetically speaking, if you discovered something that calls itself a 'private genealogy website' and is using state voter registration information to post your DOB, address, party affiliation, and race for everyone to see, how pissed would you be?

I think I'd be throwing a screaming sh*t fit, and reporting them to every law enforcement person I could get to stay on the phone long enough for me to stop swearing.

asnys

Do Not Fear the Future
Registered
Reaction score
Website

That stuff might be public record, and therefore legal. :(

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
Yeah, same here, especially as my loathing for Facebook continues to grow. Most of the reason I rarely post on LJ anymore, though, is that it just won't load AT ALL over my crappy home dialup connection, and when I'm at work I'm doing worky stuffs. Can drop a tweet now and then, but no time for anything longer or more thoughtful.

Your internet issue is epic in its horribleness.

I don't use it much because I just end up talking to myself.

LOL. I have no words.

Beyond pissed.

Little Anonymous Me

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry for the derail, guys. I was shocked beyond words when this all came up on the Google results page. You don't even need to get into the website to see it.

:gaah

I think I'd be throwing a screaming sh*t fit, and reporting them to every law enforcement person I could get to stay on the phone long enough for me to stop swearing.

Basically sums up my initial reaction. I'm surprised the paint hasn't blistered off the walls around me.

That stuff might be public record, and therefore legal. :(

That's what the website is claiming, in the most snotty, arrogant, unfriendly way possible. It's also legal to mail feces, which is something I strongly feel like pointing out to said webmaster at the moment. :tongue

Beyond pissed.

I feel better for knowing my anger is not irrational.

asnys

Do Not Fear the Future
Registered
Reaction score
Website
That's what the website is claiming, in the most snotty, arrogant, unfriendly way possible. It's also legal to mail feces, which is something I strongly feel like pointing out to said webmaster at the moment. :tongue

Pretty sure it actually isn't legal to mail feces. :tongue

Years ago, I volunteered for a while on my local congressional representative's reelection campaign, and we had a huge database of voter information - name, party registration, address, DoB, all that - which I gather we got from the voter rolls. IANAL and I don't really know what the law is about this, but I bet what they're doing is legal. :(

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
I know what I'll be looking for the next time at used bookstores/Goodwill.
And they keep making new editions with even more entries. *whimper*

Heh. We started this week with 77 boxes left in the back room

SEVENTY SEVEN.

I feel you.
I've never actually counted our boxes, but considering we have one large garage for new stock, one store room for sale goods and one room for shop material, I'm guessing I may not want to know how many there are.

Also, our head office is starting a new delivery system. :cry: Last delivery's boxes were labelled in the old system, but the paperwork was labelled in the new system. For starters. Joy. I dread what the next delivery will be!

I love that idea. I may have to borrow that from you. ;)
Feel free. More the merrier. Mythology is an awesome hunting ground for story material. :)

Little Anonymous Me

Registered
Reaction score
Pretty sure it actually isn't legal to mail feces. :tongue

Actually, as someone who was a member of PETA for a while and was sent information about their various protests and the laws that kept them from going into jail...it, horrifyingly, is. There's a website dedicated to sending people crap. (I'm beyond alarmed that some enterprising soul made it into a business.)

Properly marked as a biohazard and with very specific handling, but it is.

Just 'cause it's legal doesn't mean you should. :D

Years ago, I volunteered for a while on my local congressional representative's reelection campaign, and we had a huge database of voter information - name, party registration, address, DoB, all that - which I gather we got from the voter rolls. IANAL and I don't really know what the law is about this, but I bet what they're doing is legal. :(

It is. But I'd appreciate it if it didn't have such high Google ranking, was behind some sort of a password, or at least charged the douches who use it, since someone now has enough information on me to commit all kinds of identity fraud.

Like, I get it. I signed the form when I registered. I knew I was on the rolls. But I've already had bank fraud once, and I'm literally the only person in this country with my name (thanks, parents). This makes it ten times easier for the next one.

Last edited:

introvertedwife

Herder of Incubi
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ellenmint.blog
Ooh ooh ooh! Big Sister just let me know: there's a new Rifftrax Live Event this coming Thursday, the day before Halloween. They're doing a riff of Anaconda. Here's a link if you're interested.

And they just announced they're doing Santa Claus, the one with Pitch, on December 4th. My husband's going out of town so I have to decide if I'll go alone or not.

Getting ready for Halloween by making a big ol black door. I hope to project a reaper rising from the grave (in this case my driveway) onto it.

Little Anonymous Me

Registered
Reaction score
Getting ready for Halloween by making a big ol black door. I hope to project a reaper rising from the grave (in this case my driveway) onto it.

Nifty decoration is nifty. :D

We were too lazy to do anything this year, so we're living vicariously through our neighbor's decorations. All the fun with no effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.