'THE "I NEED A NONFICTION ARTICLE CRIT" THREAD (Have an article in SYW? Tell us here.

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have posted a story (I think it's in the memoirs section)http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1972631#post1972631
Right now it's for a contest, but I'd like to try CSS or something like that if I can get it sounding decent. Please help.

Thanks.

Dawn, I read and enjoyed yours but didn't offer a crit. I think you'll understand why when you read mine.

CatMuse33

Just hitting send
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allcotmedia.com
Ritin,
I just saw this note. I'll read yours and figure it out. LOL

I just posted a marketing letter in the nonfiction section, and would love some help from it from anyone at all... if you can't crit from the perspective of writing marketing materials, please crit as a reader.

I have been staring at this letter all day, been through three completely separate drafts, and I'm struggling. My client has a clear vision of what he wants, but can't write it himself and is having trouble communicating it to me. So it's been a challenge. LOL

Thanks so much!
Dawn

P.S. Ritin--I did read your story the other night, didn't crit because I didn't have time. I'm going to try to hit it up again now.

Last edited:

Autodidact

...in my Maidenform Bra.
Registered
Reaction score
I have an article in the SYW nonfiction folder right now. Since this is trying to be my first commercial article, I would appreciate it if you saved my ass any help you can give me. Thanks.

CatMuse33

Just hitting send
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allcotmedia.com
I just posted a revised version of my marketing/welcome letter. I think I have it, but since I have until Monday to get it to my friend, I figured I'd take advantage of any words of wisdom I could get. :) Thanks so much!

wordsmith

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
That fleshy part near the base of the thumb
Website
www.erikageiss.com
Last edited:

mamakat

Learning All the Time
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I have a favor to ask...I have a very brief piece in the non-fic critique section and if you have a few minutes to spare, will you check it out and let me know what you think?

It seems ready to me, but I wrote it very quickly and would like feedback before I send it to my editor tomorrow.

Thanks!

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
It might help if you include a link in your post, mamakat, so folks can find your article with ease.

Good luck with the piece!

mamakat

Learning All the Time
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for linking that for me, Silver King!

espressojo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deekercomm.com
Need feedback on babywearing article

I posted my article in the SYW forum. Hopefully, someone can tell me if it's still making sense. If not, I'll be crying more than my kids the next few days. But don't be afraid to tell me the truth, I can take it. Really, I can. Really. <leaves to wipe eyes and blow nose>

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2099745#post2099745

TIA

Autodidact

...in my Maidenform Bra.
Registered
Reaction score
If anyone has time to take a quick peek at my first attempt at a trade magazine query, it's here. Much appreciate. It's my free day to work without kids, so I'm impatient to JHS. Danke schoen.

CatMuse33

Just hitting send
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allcotmedia.com
I just posted an article about Freecycle in the SYW thread. I don't do this very often, but I feel like this article is missing *something*. It's for theWAHMmagazine. (Yes, it feels weird to post for help on an article when the editor posts here, too... but I figured a variety of feedback might help me!)

Thanks in advance, everyone.

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
Hi, all -

Never mind. Had a request here, but an offline friend looked it over for me this morning and had some great suggestions. So, um, nothing to see here. No, really, you can go now. I mean it - bug off.

:Wha:

Um...hey! Look! An elephant playing a kazoo!

*runs away*

This post the product of too little sleep and breaking my personal caffeine ban. My apologies.

Last edited: