Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Welcome to the new people who popped up while I was away.

I had a good rugby tournament this past weekend. But the pitch was astro turf and my legs are destroyed.

Congrats Smiley on the request. Hopefully there are many more to come :)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I would love to write a bromance one day.

Random, somewhat story related question: What the hell is the difference between Mothering Sunday and Mother's Day???

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
On my netbook. I split Coke and my laptop and I think it's fucked. Any IT experts here?

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Never heard of "Mothering Sunday," lol.

I should probably edit A Paranormal Bromance one of these days.

Okay, the goal for today is to submit "Touch" and then send out a few more TM queries.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Back on the laptop.

My goal for this evening: Start Chapter Thirteen (a chapter a week? I think I can do this) and hit 60K.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Eee, my first real short story submission (I don't count "Fireflies" because it was here at AW)! Wish me luck!

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
This one was a piece of a novel that I cut into a short story for an AW contest. Last year I read it at a convention, and one of the judges loved it so much that he found me in the halls the next day to tell me where he thought I should submit it.

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
It's real, Matty C (and welcome!). Funny thing is it didn't start that way, but the characters sorta' took over, demanding they end in a real bromantastic bro-fest.

nightowling

Maybe it was Utah.
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, Sage!

Kansas, I am loving that idea. Always love a road trip, too.

cryaegm

Snakecakes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
enigmainklings.blogspot.com
I can't wait to be done with this flu.

All I have now is a cough, but I haven't really written anything because my head's been all foggy. D: So I'm rewatching season one of Supernatural and can't believe how much I have forgotten (last time I watch season one was when it first aired). I've also played some Okami when I've felt well enough.

I've also been working on getting to know my characters better. I've given my MC more wolf characteristics (part wolf shapeshifter) and in her human like form, she has four toes on each foot. First time drawing it out looked a bit weird, now I barely notice it.

How is everyone else?

nightowling

Maybe it was Utah.
Registered
Reaction score
Did anyone else see Warm Bodies? I really liked it. Nicholas Hoult was adorable. Good soundtrack too.

Dorothy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dorothydreyer.wordpress.com
Hi guys! It's been a while. This week was hell. Also, I'm working hard at my sequel since it's due back in less than two months. Yikes!

Just a heads-up: There's a pitch contest taking place on my blog on the 8th and 9th. Lit agent to judge. (blog link in my signature)

Also, there's an imprint of Spencer Hill Press called Spence City (Google them!) who are taking unagented submissions. They specialize in urban fantasy, so if you've got one of those (and I think paranormal counts), give them a try.

Also, my publisher made this awesome video featuring upcoming books, and mine is one of them. Check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luTM9s5Ukik&feature=share

And finally, welcome to the newbies! :)

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Dorothy. My book is urban fantasy so I'll see if I can get it ready to go out. Eek. Scary thought :)

I haven't seen Warm Bodies either, but it likely won't show here. Boo.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't seen Warm Bodies either. I kinda want to read the book first. (yes I'm a dork about those things ;))

I am currently reading The Unearthly series by Cynth1a Hand and I am super addicted. Funny bc i dislike angel books, love triangles, etc but there is just something about these books that are easy to get into. I am in the beginning of Book 2,Hallowed. Has anyone read these?

I'm also signing up to do a pitch contest on adventures in children's publishing... Hopefully it goes well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.