New here

hahart

Earned thick skin elsewhere
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and Salutations (that dates me),

I'm new here, but not a new writer. I was even, once upon a time, in an MFA program. I got the MA, then some pretty bad stuff happened, and I stopped reading and writing creatively for a long time. But I didn't stop writing. Instead, I got a doctorate and wrote and published academic stuff, which was great fun for a while.

Then some bad stuff happened in that realm, and after some life-living and figuring I ended up here, digging out pages and pages of a few unfinished novels from the deep dark recesses of my computer that are so old they were written in WriteNow, a completely obsolete Mac word processing program.

So, I'm opening a new page in my life which will hopefully put me back on the path I abandoned 20 years ago, as well as send me in new directions.

I'm looking forward to seeing where this all takes me.

Cheers!

jmarz01

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck on starting afresh!

What did you think, reading your own stuff with new eyes all these years later? I'm always fascinated by things I wrote years ago and forgot.

hahart

Earned thick skin elsewhere
Registered
Reaction score
Where'd I go?

Thanks for asking. It's been a little weird reading the old stuff. Alot of it's really quite good. I knew at the time I was a good writer, and had been told that by many, but much of that confidence got lost in the shuffle. I'm kind of hoping I can resurrect that talented young writer and give her some wisdom.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!