Long time lurker

Sword&Shield

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there!

Long time lurker decided I would sign up and join in the fun. If I'm not out on the motorcycle- I'm usually watching baseball in the warm months, college football in the cold months.

I have a ton of questions so I figure I will head over into those respective areas and ask away! :)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A pleasure to meet you. Wear your helmet!

Maryn, safety girl

Sword&Shield

Registered
Reaction score
A pleasure to meet you. Wear your helmet!
Always! Even if it was legal to do go without one in my state, I would still wear one.

Quick anecdote- I was a fresh rider. A poor college student. I could barely afford to feed myself ramen, much less buy new tires on my motorcycle.

I ended up on my back sliding down the highway at about 50MPH. As I am skidding down the asphalt in my leather jacket and jeans... I was incredibly thankful for my helmet each time the back of my head was taking a blow from the road. Without it, I am 100% sure I wouldn't have a wife, a beautiful 2 year old daughter, and I wouldn't be here to tell you about it.

And yes, I can now afford to eat a bit more than ramen and I keep new tires on always.

We have a saying in the riding community- ATGATT. All The Gear, All The Time.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(Thanks for the reassurance on the safety gear. I used to know an avid biker when I lived in the desert southwest, where a motorcycle was good transportation year round. He eschewed the helmet. He is no longer with us. And you are!)

Maryn, buckled into her chair with a shoulder harness