Hello everyone

Dracomada

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm new to these forms, obviously. I've been writing stories my whole life, but I've recently decided to start putting them out there for people to read. I'm a genre writer for the most part: sci fi, fantasy, and a smidgen of horror.

I'm very interested in becoming a better writer and helping others become better writers. I've got a blog where I've posted some things initially, and I'll start posting things here too after I've hit that 50 post minimum.

Hope to learn a lot and am always looking for constructive feedback. If I offend you, let me know. My wife describes me as a jerk, but one that really cares about you as a person.

LilyJade

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome!

As long as you are one personally attacking someone, I think you should be okay. What some people see as being a jerk another may just see as being to the point. Heck, at work I have been called a terrible human being, a jerk, and rude just because I wouldn't break the rules for someone.

Besides, critiquing needs that to the point and blunt advice. Otherwise no one would get better at what they do.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

PuppyDogTails

Snips and Snails...
Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I'm new myself :)

Hope to learn a lot and am always looking for constructive feedback. If I offend you, let me know. My wife describes me as a jerk, but one that really cares about you as a person.

It is interesting you mention this. Last summer I was employed in a print shop. I actually had a customer who was a complete jerk (not without reason: I was very poorly trained for my job). His wife actually told him to be nicer to me! I have to say watching him make a conscious effort was an incredible learning experience for me. By the time I left, he was one of my favorite customers.

Which is my long-winded way of saying.. nice to meet you Dracomada!